Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Perspective « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 25, 2012, 10:59:26 PM

As frustrated and disappointed as I am in our offense so far though, I am equally surprised and excited about the defense. Our front seven have been outstanding in both run defense and rushing the passer. The second half verse the Giants, we lost it. We had no pass rush and our secondary got absolutely torched...but that was just two quarters. The other 10 quarters have been superb.

So things aren't all bad. It's just hard to get past the fact that we should be 3-0 right now. To know that we could be attempting to go 4-0 heading into our bye, if it weren't for having the worst offense in the league.....it's tough to except.

bucinsouthFL

Starter

#16 : September 25, 2012, 11:06:54 PM

The defense really is that good, and I have a feeling Clayborn will be missed, but not that much. Mason Foster has really been playing lights out and David is flying around. McCoy is taking over games and Bennet looked great last week. Talib bounced back also. The offense has been playing bad, but there are glimpses of hope. I just really hope we open the play book more and Freeman loosens up. His 2010 season was one of the funnest times I have ever had watching a QB. He just kept making plays and played loose. He's so uptight now and afraid to make mistakes, the funny part is that he actully has a defense now that can bail him out. Week one looked like 2010 Freeman, and the key to that was to get the run game going. We just need to get more creative with our runs. Look back to week one and you see counters, tosses and draws. Against Dallas we just went up the middle over and over again. I have faith our offense will get it together though.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 26, 2012, 12:02:19 AM

Too me it doesn't matter what was expected or predicted. The reality is our defense has been much better than expected, and we should be 3-0 right now. The reality is, the only reason we aren't 3-0 is because our offense has been embarrassingly bad. Freeman looks like a deer in headlights and the play calling is unimaginative and just bad. It doesn't matter what was expected or predicted because we could and should be 3-0 and it is very frustrating that we aren't.

The reality of the second half of the Giants' game was the defense disappeared after a strong showing in the first half. I just find it amusing that, other than the record, most of the perceptions about the strengths and weaknesses of this team were 180 degrees out. I can't wait for round two with the Panthers to see the adjustments made by both teams. I just can't imagine a repeat of the first game.

It pisses me off that our first two home games are the late games. If the heat is any advantage at all, playing later in the afternoon takes it away. Not happy about our early bye week either, other than it gives Bowers an additional week to rehab. It gives the team time to regroup too, but then it's 11 straight into the playoffs. I just favor a late season bye.

I'm confident the Bucs will be much improved by the end of the season, maybe even enough for a wildcard spot.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#18 : September 26, 2012, 01:41:49 AM

Am I the only one who is seeing that every WR is open for the other team.  Wait until we face a real QB.  Nevermind we already have.  I have no confidence in our secondary.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Perspective « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools