Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS WAIVE SHIPLEY, SIGN VETERAN PARRISH « previous next »
Page: 1 2

PewterReportDL

Starter
: September 25, 2012, 07:37:22 PM

After muffing a punt in his Bucs' debut, Jordan Shipley was waived Tuesday in order to make room for established punt return veteran, Roscoe Parrish. This marks the fourth wide receiver roster move in a week for Tampa Bay.

https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8332:&Itemid=15

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 25, 2012, 08:39:11 PM

Interesting to see how much is still in his tank. At least he should be able to field the dang ball...

ufcguy32

Starter

#2 : September 25, 2012, 10:01:59 PM

does it concern you all that we keep shuffling over and over. its kind of ridiculous in some ways and in some ways it can be good. its like you make one mistake your gone.  i think blount is in this category but i think he hasnt cut him bc mark wont let him. so he just sits there.  this is a big over reaction. shipley muffed one kick and now he is gone. i just dont like the knee jerk reactions. its like blount. he ran well, but he put martin right in. martin wasnt hot and there wasnt enough ways to see if blount could get hot.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 25, 2012, 10:17:02 PM

Guys we bring in late we haven't seen much of, so tend to be judged very quickly. We are in the situation of needing a PR NOW who can at least hang onto the ball. It would be nice to have lots of time to evaluate, but we don't... Bummer Smith isn't a PR guy.

ufcguy32

Starter

#4 : September 25, 2012, 10:23:06 PM

he went a through a few weeks before this. he is a veteran guy. hope this is a good signing

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 25, 2012, 10:25:52 PM

Parrish was a flop of a WR but he was always useful returning punts. Never a guy I thought was awfully sure handed but I guess we'll just keep rolling these guys in until we find one that doesn't fumble.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 25, 2012, 10:39:11 PM

He is a major upgrade at punt return duties (over Jordan Shipley anyways).

He consumes a roster spot for just one job unfortunately, and it is a job that the margin of average to great is not that much...just don't fumble is the mantra obviously.

Edit:  I should say a nice improvement over Shipley, not great.  He has the ability to at least return one for more than 9 yards.
: September 26, 2012, 12:01:37 AM Boid Fink

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 25, 2012, 11:22:31 PM

I never understood why Shipley was even here.  This Parrish was a 2nd rounder with lots of experience. Tons of talent.  Faster than hell.  Can he put it all together here?   We shall see.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

bucshot420

Starter

#8 : September 25, 2012, 11:42:46 PM

If memory serves I think Parrish has had some knee issues and has slowed way down over the past few years.  I agree if he can field kicks and punts and actually give us some upside over Benn and the rest they have tried back there then all the better.  I'd compare Parrish to Ike Hilliard his last couple of years here.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 25, 2012, 11:57:09 PM

Parrish. Nice pickup. 

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#10 : September 26, 2012, 01:59:50 AM

does it concern you all that we keep shuffling over and over. its kind of ridiculous in some ways and in some ways it can be good. its like you make one mistake your gone.  i think blount is in this category but i think he hasnt cut him bc mark wont let him. so he just sits there.  this is a big over reaction. shipley muffed one kick and now he is gone. i just dont like the knee jerk reactions. its like blount. he ran well, but he put martin right in. martin wasnt hot and there wasnt enough ways to see if blount could get hot.

I agree how it may seem like one mistake and your gone but that one play really changed the momentum of the game and contributed greatly to the loss. More than likely though the offense would have still not won us the game or would have done something else ( or not do something ) to lose the game.  The guy was signed to do one job and couldn't even do that. I could be wrong but I think it was a fair catch he muffed too, that bad.

BucFanHudson31

Starter

#11 : September 26, 2012, 07:01:16 AM

What the hell happened to Michael smith? This coaching staff is just as confusing and mysterious as Heemy and company.

Freeman has improved and I was wrong about him.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 26, 2012, 07:33:41 AM

...I guess shipley really is sorry....

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 26, 2012, 08:42:06 AM

Schiano will not hesitate to make a move if he thinks it's going to help this team. I think he would make a move with anyone if he thought it would help. That's a good sign in my eyes.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 26, 2012, 09:11:11 AM

Quote from: BucFanHudson31
What the hell happened to Michael smith? This coaching staff is just as confusing and mysterious as Heemy and company.

Fielding a punt and fielding a kickoff are separate evils. My hunch is Michael Smith can't field punts and proved that in the offseason. Very happy about the Parrish signing, he's a proven, good returner although often injured.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS WAIVE SHIPLEY, SIGN VETERAN PARRISH « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools