Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After 3 weeks, the Bucs have the #32 offense and the #26 defense in the league « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

: September 26, 2012, 12:24:57 PM

The worst offense, and the worst pass defense.   Spin it however you like saying they have a good rush defense, but the opponent doesn't need to run when they can pass at will.   This is truly pathetic.

Offense
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=TM&season=2012&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Defense
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2012&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

I blame Freeman mainly for the bad offense because he's been horrible.

The defense I think falls on Schiano and his nutty blitzing strategy that results in the team stopping the run and getting sacks, but getting burned by the pass a helluva lot.

As bad as the stats are, the bottom line is wins, and the fact is that if it had not rained a monsoon in Tampa opening day, this team likely would be 0-3.

Add to that the embarrassing desperation attacks against the opposing center on kneeldowns and this is a low moment in Buccaneer history.   However, it IS better than the Raheem years!   ;)

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 26, 2012, 12:27:52 PM

Eh, "total defense" is a garbage stat to be quite frank. The only defensive statistic that matters is PPG allowed in which Tampa is 12th in the league.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 26, 2012, 12:34:41 PM

PPG is highly related to ball control as well.   The Bucs are running the ball into the line every play.   That runs a lot of time off the clock preventing scores.   And they don't turn the ball over much on offense.   The fact that opposing offenses move the ball at will tells you all you need to know about the D.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 26, 2012, 12:39:48 PM

PPG is highly related to ball control as well.   The Bucs are running the ball into the line every play.   That runs a lot of time off the clock preventing scores.   And they don't turn the ball over much on offense.   The fact that opposing offenses move the ball at will tells you all you need to know about the D.
Not really considering they have the (#1)best red-zone defense in the NFL. And there is no correlation with ball control and clamping up down where it matters the most.

Real Fan!!!

Practice Squad

#4 : September 26, 2012, 12:43:16 PM

I wouldn't say the Panthers or the Cowboys "move(d) the ball at will".  You must be watching/wanting another game.  Stop posting inaccurate nonsense.  You pride yourself on being a factual and historically accurate Buccaneers fan; so act like one!  But you are too pompous and agenda driven for the facts to matter, so instead your true colors show (look above at the picture of Schiano).  I am glad that image is there because it reminds me of what a joke you are. 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 26, 2012, 12:44:25 PM

Not really considering they have the (#1)best red-zone defense in the NFL. And there is no correlation with ball control and clamping up down where it matters the most.

And the point of the defense is to keep the offense out of the endzone. They have done a pretty good job at that so far. They are allowing yards yes but the big plays are down and the run defense is very solid. Could they improve the pass defense?? Sure they could but they arent doing anything to lose games. Offense is the one that needs to be sustaining drives and putting points on the board. Especially when the defense gets the ball back from forcing turnovers. Which is something they have been very good at so far. If your defense can cause turnovers and your offense can take advantage your team will win games. Problem is the offense isnt converting. If they would this would be a very tough team to beat.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 26, 2012, 12:45:58 PM

And there is no correlation with ball control and clamping up down where it matters the most.

Is that some kind of ladyboy reference?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 26, 2012, 12:47:08 PM

I wouldn't say the Panthers or the Cowboys "move(d) the ball at will".  You must be watching/wanting another game.  Stop posting inaccurate nonsense.  You pride yourself on being a factual and historically accurate Buccaneers fan; so act like one!  But you are too pompous and agenda driven for the facts to matter, so instead your true colors show (look above at the picture of Schiano).  I am glad that image is there because it reminds me of what a joke you are.

Probably the most accurate thing said in the entire thread. Good post.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 26, 2012, 12:58:48 PM

And there is no correlation with ball control and clamping up down where it matters the most.

lmao, well played. And for the record, I wouldn't know.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 26, 2012, 01:08:19 PM

Defense has played winning ball for about 11 of 12 quarters. NOT worried about the D at all--- especially considering "where they came from" (2011)...

Offense: puke

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 26, 2012, 01:09:43 PM

Ask Tatman.   He wrote the book on ladyboys.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 26, 2012, 01:13:18 PM

Ask Tatman.   He wrote the book on ladyboys.
Wouldn't surprise me actually but its none of my concern.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 26, 2012, 01:18:09 PM

And the point of the defense is to keep the offense out of the endzone. They have done a pretty good job at that so far. They are allowing yards yes but the big plays are down and the run defense is very solid. Could they improve the pass defense?? Sure they could but they arent doing anything to lose games. Offense is the one that needs to be sustaining drives and putting points on the board. Especially when the defense gets the ball back from forcing turnovers. Which is something they have been very good at so far. If your defense can cause turnovers and your offense can take advantage your team will win games. Problem is the offense isnt converting. If they would this would be a very tough team to beat.
All I'm going to say is, we should've signed Brandon Carr(I really pushed for this) or drafted Morris Claiborne. Carr > Wright by a huge margin. We sign Carr in the off-season, Talib is an afterthought manning the #2 CB spot and we worry about drafting a #2 instead of looking for a #1 CB if we cut ties.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 26, 2012, 01:37:38 PM

All I'm going to say is, we should've signed Brandon Carr(I really pushed for this) or drafted Morris Claiborne. Carr > Wright by a huge margin. We sign Carr in the off-season, Talib is an afterthought manning the #2 CB spot and we worry about drafting a #2 instead of looking for a #1 CB if we cut ties.
Hell, I'd have been perfectly happy if they'd signed Carr *and* Wright, particularly if they could have gotten Wright for less.  (I'm not altogether convinced Dom didn't pull an Otis Smith on that one.)  Wright would make a ducky #3 corner.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 26, 2012, 01:53:58 PM

The pats are a "better" team, have had an easier schedule so far, and wait for it...... Have the same record.

If you didn't think there would be growing pains, that's your own fault. Truthfully, nothing has killed this team more than play calling. Either they're blitzing 24/7 or they're running the ball much too often or in inopportune times, or with the wrong guy. The wr routes are so predictable, even the slowest DB can have a chance.

I'm just glad we have a competitive team. Both games were close, and that is MUCH more respectable than last season's blowoutfest. I'm content somewhat as long as there is improvement.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After 3 weeks, the Bucs have the #32 offense and the #26 defense in the league « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools