Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After 3 weeks, the Bucs have the #32 offense and the #26 defense in the league « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#15 : September 26, 2012, 01:57:36 PM

Truthfully, nothing has killed this team more than play calling. Either they're blitzing 24/7 or they're running the ball much too often or in inopportune times, or with the wrong guy.

arguments can be made for anything.  most every bad playcall on defense or ST's there is a huge execution factor.  as for run v. pass, does freeman not have the ability to audible to a pass when the defense stacks the box?  does freeman not have the freedom to audible to an outside run if the defense is heavy between the tackles?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 26, 2012, 02:04:17 PM

Truthfully, nothing has killed this team more than play calling. Either they're blitzing 24/7 or they're running the ball much too often or in inopportune times, or with the wrong guy.

arguments can be made for anything.  most every bad playcall on defense or ST's there is a huge execution factor.  as for run v. pass, does freeman not have the ability to audible to a pass when the defense stacks the box?  does freeman not have the freedom to audible to an outside run if the defense is heavy between the tackles?

Yeah, but they were also being coy about it. Either they would send them or drop them back.

It wasn't like he knew they were all going to rush in or not, but when they do that, you had better be on your toes. For whatever reason no one noticed it. Because if they did, they have a mic hooked up to him and can tell him whatever they want.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 26, 2012, 02:07:42 PM

I'm just glad we have a competitive team. Both games were close, and that is MUCH more respectable than last season's blowoutfest. I'm content somewhat as long as there is improvement.

Try and set the bar higher. Last season was such an abnormality that it is hard to fathom. Most teams don't get blown out week in and week out. Most teams lose like we are losing. The problem is that 1-2 is nice, sort of I guess, now the problem is bad pass defense + bad pass offense = bad record over the long haul.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : September 26, 2012, 02:16:17 PM

Try and set the bar higher.

disagree, think what some expect is perfection.  they want a great offense, a great defense, a lot of interceptions, a lot of sacks, a lot of TD passes, a lot of TD runs, punts blocked, KO returns for TD's.

dont worry the fact that the team is learning new offense, new defense, new playcalls &audibles, new teammates.  dont worry that most realistic fans werent sold on freeman before the year began.  dont worry that most can comprehend that blount has had some kind of major issue since he began playing football.  dont worry that mike williams has been going downhill ever since teams got tape on him.  dont worry that our OL is completely overrated.  dont worry that 2 of our CB's expected to get major playing time this year have been injured.

set the bar at perfection and allow no exceptions.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 26, 2012, 02:55:09 PM

It's 3 total games and the D had one horrific game against the Giants where they gave up over 600 yards. That one game has skewed that stats. Offensively I am a little worried, but we are #1 in Red Zone D and #1 against the run and 12th in points allowed. It's a long season. I can aleady tell our D is much better than last year. If we can have more games like we did against Dallas and Carolina (instead of like against the Giants) this team will quickly move up that list.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 26, 2012, 02:58:45 PM

Try and set the bar higher.

disagree, think what some expect is perfection.  they want a great offense, a great defense, a lot of interceptions, a lot of sacks, a lot of TD passes, a lot of TD runs, punts blocked, KO returns for TD's.

dont worry the fact that the team is learning new offense, new defense, new playcalls &audibles, new teammates.  dont worry that most realistic fans werent sold on freeman before the year began.  dont worry that most can comprehend that blount has had some kind of major issue since he began playing football.  dont worry that mike williams has been going downhill ever since teams got tape on him.  dont worry that our OL is completely overrated.  dont worry that 2 of our CB's expected to get major playing time this year have been injured.

set the bar at perfection and allow no exceptions.

Gametime... The bar needs to be set at perfection. Otherwise your not a fan. Simple as that.

apkbuc

Practice Squad

#21 : September 26, 2012, 03:02:43 PM

I'm pleased with the progress the team has shown.

We do need to see improvement in the offense.  Yes it's a new system.  It should take about 1000 snaps in a live game situation to get everyone in sync.  This is going to take time.

On defense, we really need to move away from manning up so much.  We need to incorporate more coverages, and better disguise what coverages we will run.  Honestly, I'd like to see us go back to the Tampa-2 as our base defense.  We have great personel for it, and our line has shown the ability to get the kind of pressure we need to run it effectively.  The benefit is, we can use this base look to disguise our coverage better; we can play man under... we can drop our Mike backer deep to create a cover 3 (really we ran this as much as cover 2 our super bowl year).  Right now, from what I've been seeing our coverages are telegraphed and we're expecting too much from both Wright and Talib.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 26, 2012, 03:28:55 PM

It's 3 total games and the D had one horrific game against the Giants where they gave up over 600 yards. That one game has skewed that stats. Offensively I am a little worried, but we are #1 in Red Zone D and #1 against the run and 12th in points allowed. It's a long season. I can aleady tell our D is much better than last year. If we can have more games like we did against Dallas and Carolina (instead of like against the Giants) this team will quickly move up that list.

CAR passed all over us pretty well, Dallas did too when they weren't dropping open passes. What the Giants did wasn't a single game anomoly that "broke" our stats. It might have made us 32 and not 30th but it was indicative of a broader problem.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bucjoe

Hall of Famer
#23 : September 26, 2012, 03:32:26 PM

I agree with GT and I agree with apkbuc!!

First of all, I like man under, secondly, I believe we have the defensive line to put pressure on the qb without committing cbs and safeties to the blitz.  If you want to blitz, use the linebackers.

.....just my opinion

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : September 26, 2012, 04:20:30 PM

When you look at points, which is all that really matters, the Bucs offense is 25th and the defense 15th. Seems about right for what we have done.

Looking a little deeper than points allowed by the defense, they are dead last in passing thanks to our collapse against Eli. However, we are 1st verse the run, 2nd in interceptions, 6th in TDs allowed, 7th in allowing 3rd down conversions, 8th in forced fumbles, and 10th in sacks.

There is no denying how bad Eli torched us in the second half of week two, but our defense really has been great for the other 10 quarters. I feel sorry for the fans that can't see it and be excited about it.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 26, 2012, 04:28:51 PM

There is no denying how bad Eli torched us in the second half of week two, but our defense really has been great for the other 10 quarters. I feel sorry for the fans that can't see it and be excited about it.

The problem is that we've been lucky not to allow scoring if we continue not stopping passing the points will come. I'm sorry you can't understand that.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : September 26, 2012, 04:41:28 PM

The problem is that we've been lucky

I know. Anytime we do anything good or a Buccaneer player looks good....it's luck.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 26, 2012, 04:48:31 PM

Eh, "total defense" is a garbage stat to be quite frank. The only defensive statistic that matters is PPG allowed in which Tampa is 12th in the league.

Agreed. The defense is keeping this team afloat right now. On Sunday(and throught most of the 3 games), they gave the offense many opportunities with great field position and the offense squandered it. They have had one bad quarter of play. They have also been doing an excellent job of creating turnovers...if they keep that up....well the offense will probably still squander opportunities...so we'll leave it at that.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#28 : September 26, 2012, 04:52:00 PM

I know. Anytime we do anything good or a Buccaneer player looks good....it's luck.

Some of it has been luck....Witten dropping several passes including the one that would at least had things 1st and goal.

The several drops in the end zone by a few Giants receiving targets in the 1st half of that game.

What gets ignored by the negative nancys..is that all teams pretty much have "dumb luck" like this happen in their favor at many points of the season. It all evens out.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 26, 2012, 04:55:23 PM

Yup. Too bad some cant just sit back and enjoy the defense so far. They are fun to watch.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: After 3 weeks, the Bucs have the #32 offense and the #26 defense in the league « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools