Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RGIII is an exciting new player - is the game sold out or blacked out? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 27, 2012, 10:48:24 AM

Wasn't alive in 1979. I wonder if there is a full broadcast of that game.

Forget about it bro'...........game was in the Sombrero in a blinding rainstorm....That was back when games weren't blacked out. I was smoking some good Columbian Gold and drinking cheap azz beer watching that mess.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#31 : September 27, 2012, 01:22:10 PM

Thanks for the valuable on-topic insight as usual VBF.   You know your football.

He saves the football talk for the insider board where the "biggest coolest bucs fans go to chat". The cool guys.
lol

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#32 : September 27, 2012, 01:40:37 PM

That 2 and a half men sig is so appropriate for this week's game.

GIJoeWasThere

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 27, 2012, 07:20:56 PM

that 2005 year was pure smoke and mirrors...

If by smoke and mirrors you mean the team wasn't that talented and overachieved due to the best coaching in the NFL, I agree.
By smoke and mirrors I mean a lot of luck with nothing from the offense, coaching wise and player wise.

watson

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 27, 2012, 07:34:58 PM

The 1999 Rams NFC Championship game..... we had "The greatest show on turf" beat.

One of my favorite games ever as a Buc fan.   I loved that game even though they lost it. 

Shaun King sucked and I knew that going in.   They played better than I thought they would.
Java,
That 79 Championship game was not bad......the excitement of being that close after having such a horrible team the first couple of years.  Still remember seeing the picture of Doug Williams' arm with the sunk in area where the muscle ripped apart when he hit it over the top of the Rams defender's head during a pass.  When he went out the energy seemed to go out of the team.  And still the defense kept them in the game

I had a great time at that game, but left depressed that they didn't even score.   That Rams D was suffocating even with a broken leg Youngblood playing.  The stadium was as loud as I've ever heard it (although the week before against the Eagles was just as loud and it lasted longer since they were winning).    Cold evening that got colder as the Bucs didn't score.   But there was hope and it was an honor to have gotten so far.   I don't agree about the life going out of the team when Williams went out.   I think Mike Rae had a better game.   He had that TD to Giles that got called back.   Horrible game by Williams that day.
statistically you are right.....but to me, DW was the heart of the offense and even though he might have a bad day for Mose of the game it just seemed like he was capable of doing something to get the win.  Not that he always did, there was just that feeling

And you are so right about that Philly game.  I still think one of the hardest hits I ever saw a WR take was the one that Cotney and Lewis put on Carmichael Jane last play before half time.  If my memory serves me correctly, he was still on the ground when the teams left for half time.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 27, 2012, 09:46:26 PM

That Eagles playoff game in 1979 was the most fun I ever had at a game.   That stadium rocked!   

watson

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 28, 2012, 03:09:02 AM

That Eagles playoff game in 1979 was the most fun I ever had at a game.   That stadium rocked!
Yes it was an awesome game.  I went to get drinks and food and when I get to my seat my wife is making a bet with a Philly fan that Bell would have more yards on the ground than Montgomery would.  At the time Montgomery was a great RB.....and I'm thinking I just lost some cash.  Luckily she was right and the Philly fan had to slink out of the stadium after the game was over.  What a fun day that was!!

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 28, 2012, 03:14:30 AM

Truly a great day.   I left the stadium in a state of disbelief that we won that game.   You are right, Montgomery was a great back.   I thought that Eagles team was perhaps the top team in the NFC at that point.   The following week wasn't as fun, but it was still good to be there and experience that.   

Your wife was a genius with that Bell over Montgomery call.   I'd have never guessed that.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 28, 2012, 03:36:45 AM

I'd love to watch some of the great games from 70, 80's.. Anyone know where that DVD peddler went??

I feel left out

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#39 : September 28, 2012, 11:17:50 PM

FTW...your posts have gotten a lot shorter.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 29, 2012, 12:29:30 AM

FTW?   I thought JDouble and Boid say TTBF is Chazmoney.    Or was Chazmoney FTW as well?   

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 29, 2012, 06:24:01 AM

Considering they keep thinking every poster who says anything similar to what I say is me, but I only use this one screen name, I have zero doubt that the ones making those accusations have no idea about much of anything. 

Zellination

Starter

#42 : September 29, 2012, 06:24:31 AM

lonely troll starting trolling threads so his little trolling alter egos can talk with each other. 

seek professional help

What a bunch of drones on this board.......I think I'll call  Java a  TROLL for every  post.....very original.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 29, 2012, 06:31:04 AM

lonely troll starting trolling threads so his little trolling alter egos can talk with each other. 

seek professional help

What a bunch of drones on this board.......I think I'll call  Java a  TROLL for every  post.....very original.

VBF is pretty much without a doubt, the most mindless guy on the forum.   Not an honor someone would want considering some of the competition...

Zellination

Starter

#44 : September 29, 2012, 06:31:33 AM

The 1999 Rams NFC Championship game..... we had "The greatest show on turf" beat.

One of my favorite games ever as a Buc fan.   I loved that game even though they lost it. 

Shaun King sucked and I knew that going in.   They played better than I thought they would.

Man quit being such a troll................what you're making points about our football team..oh never mind.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: RGIII is an exciting new player - is the game sold out or blacked out? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools