Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS-SKINS WILL BE BLACKED OUT « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: September 27, 2012, 04:27:21 PM

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8339:&Itemid=15

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 27, 2012, 04:38:01 PM

Duh.  :'(

NovaBuc

Starter

#2 : September 27, 2012, 04:39:55 PM

Would be interesting to know how close it gets to the 85% capacity when the game isn't sold out.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 27, 2012, 04:55:17 PM

Not sure why blackouts are done 72hrs in advance when most Americans get paid on Fridays and tickets always sell closer to game day. I think the 72hr rule needs to be revised.

Keep this up Tampa, and the ship will set sail for a new location.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 27, 2012, 05:17:41 PM

Is anyone really surprised? Even if we were 3-0 we wouldn't have sold out. Sad but true.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 27, 2012, 05:20:07 PM

Would be interesting to know how close it gets to the 85% capacity when the game isn't sold out.

About 9,000 short from what was reported on WDAE.

NovaBuc

Starter

#6 : September 27, 2012, 05:23:57 PM

About 9,000 short from what was reported on WDAE.

Wasn't that about what was short from the opener? If so, I'd think the Bucs might try having some sales people call businesses with some package offers and think about buying enough of the rest to lift the blackout. Long-term it's got to help with interest in the team and in growing a fan base. But I suppose most businesses think of things in the short term these days.

Bucs1320

Practice Squad

#7 : September 27, 2012, 05:52:17 PM

I still don't understand how I'm 98.5 miles away from RJS, and still can't watch at home. Hell, I'd even be willing do a pay-per view for $40 during a "blackout". I try to make it to at least one or two games per season (going to Saints@Bucs). The organization needs to HEAVILY advertise in the Central Florida area to draw more spectators. I also think they should televise games that are well outside the Tampa area but are still considered within the TV market. Just my 2 cents.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 27, 2012, 05:59:38 PM

About the same as week 1 unless less Bucs fans are going and are being replaced by Skins fans.

NovaBuc

Starter

#9 : September 27, 2012, 06:00:36 PM

I still don't understand how I'm 98.5 miles away from RJS, and still can't watch at home. Hell, I'd even be willing do a pay-per view for $40 during a "blackout". I try to make it to at least one or two games per season (going to Saints@Bucs). The organization needs to HEAVILY advertise in the Central Florida area to draw more spectators. I also think they should televise games that are well outside the Tampa area but are still considered within the TV market. Just my 2 cents.

Distance from the stadium isn't what matters, it's distance from the edges of the viewing area unfortunately. The NFL really needs to look at the whole blackout thing again. They made some progress with the 85% option but they need to look at the timing of when the blackout is put into effect and the area under the blackout. The whole thing is just archaic in this day and age with 24 hour ticket sales via ticketmaster.com, cable/satellite tv (the 'markets' were set back in the broadcast/antenna days), and internet streaming.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 27, 2012, 06:04:03 PM

Is anyone really surprised? Even if we were 3-0 we wouldn't have sold out. Sad but true.
If we were 3-0, having beaten the super bowl champs and the dallas cowgirls, this game would have been sold-out Monday monring.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 27, 2012, 06:05:01 PM

Serious question here guys:

If the Bucs relocate (which is a possibility given the blatant lack of respect the fans in the local area give them), who would you wind up rooting for?  Would you just follow the same team? 

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 27, 2012, 06:06:35 PM

If the Bucs relocate (which is a possibility given the blatant lack of respect the fans in the local area give them), who would you wind up rooting for?  Would you just follow the same team?
I'd just stop caring about football. The game it self has been heading downhill since Goddell took office.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 27, 2012, 06:07:39 PM

I'd just stop caring about football. The game it self has been heading downhill since Goddell took office.
Blah.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#14 : September 27, 2012, 06:15:52 PM

Keep this up Tampa, and the ship will set sail for a new location.

Doesn't bother me - I'll just go to more Rays games. And if the Rays leave, I'll go to a few more Bolts games, if they leave, I'll play more golf and go to more rock concerts. Might even go up to a couple of Jags and Dolphin games every season.

Plenty to do with the money saved by not going to Bucs' games.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BUCS-SKINS WILL BE BLACKED OUT « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools