Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Love the National Talk about our Blackouts « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Zellination

Starter

: September 29, 2012, 06:38:30 AM

What do you guys think the problem is??  I have never really heard this addressed...

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : September 29, 2012, 06:41:50 AM

Good thread and a novel idea for a new topic of conversation.   I still think the blackouts are Raheem Morris' fault.   

Nice Nosferatu avatar by the way.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#2 : September 29, 2012, 07:33:58 AM

What do you guys think the problem is??  I have never really heard this addressed...

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 29, 2012, 07:43:00 AM

Now I think you don't get the meaning of Kasihan deh loe.    That basically means "sorry for you".

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#4 : September 29, 2012, 08:09:51 AM

I can get a good look at a t-bone steak by sticking my head up a butchers ass, but I rather take his word for it.

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 29, 2012, 08:30:12 AM

I see you've watched some Chris Farley movies.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

#6 : September 29, 2012, 08:44:48 AM

In this day and age this blackout thing is un-friggin-believable....where working on 2 seasons of blackouts.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 29, 2012, 09:00:44 AM

In this day and age this blackout thing is un-friggin-believable....where working on 2 seasons of blackouts.

The Bucs were blacked out a lot in the late 80's and early 90's.   The home games were rarely on TV.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 29, 2012, 01:34:28 PM

The Bucs were blacked out a lot in the late 80's and early 90's.   The home games were rarely on TV.
but those teams were at least more exciting to watch.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#9 : September 29, 2012, 04:52:14 PM

not when we had Dilfer - but back in the NFC Norris Division, we played teams whose opponent fans would take up 1/3 of the Sombrerro - giving us sell outs. That helped a lot. Now we got teams like the Falcons, Saints, and Panthers - whose fans don't come to RayJay like Bears, Packers, Lions fans used to.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 29, 2012, 04:55:23 PM

but those teams were at least more exciting to watch.

FAR more exciting.   This current team has a bunch of guys that nobody cares if the Bucs cut them tomorrow.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 29, 2012, 05:03:36 PM

Our owners spent the least in the league for 7 years, no playoff wins, raised ticket prices, mistreated season ticket holders, and the economy took a nose dive...
-It's a miracle that people kept going!

Imo, I wouldn't worry about it.  Sports should be enjoyed, not attended because you're afraid of ridicule, or out of guilt. 

Leveraging local areas for stadiums/ revenues is a sad site. Here, under lease until 2027, and having a stadium that is all paid for by tax payers, I think we're good.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 29, 2012, 05:22:29 PM

To break it away from live in the past Javaspeak. It was a really a perfect storm of happenings. First is obviously one of the worst economies the Tampa Bay Area has ever seen. How much money was being injected into our economy as housing values tripled from 97' to 2007?  Especially the type of people who attended Bucs games, blue collar types who have lived in the area for at least a few years, were greatly affected. At the same time, 10 year season ticket contracts that were signed in 97' were expiring (and the Bucs were unwisely trying to jack up prices in many instances). On top of that the Bucs picked the worst possible time to start to suck. People in the area still care about the Bucs, but with the economy how it is they aren't going to be able to rebuild the  season ticket base easily. If they can start to contend, and maybe even more importantly become exciting on offense, then more people will start to go but it is going to take a number of things to happen for them to consistently sell out again.   
: September 29, 2012, 05:24:04 PM BucsBay

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 29, 2012, 05:37:33 PM

BucsBay, that's a fine theory.   But the fact is that if the Bucs had drafted this guy:

The stadium would be sold out.    It's not all about the economy or even the team sucking.   There are no players on this team that anyone gets excited about.   

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 29, 2012, 05:40:38 PM

Clipping my toenails is more exciting than watching this offense.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Love the National Talk about our Blackouts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools