Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Love the National Talk about our Blackouts « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Stratobuc

Starter
#15 : September 29, 2012, 06:14:13 PM

Our owners spent the least in the league for 7 years, no playoff wins, raised ticket prices, mistreated season ticket holders, and the economy took a nose dive...
-It's a miracle that people kept going!

Imo, I wouldn't worry about it.  Sports should be enjoyed, not attended because you're afraid of ridicule, or out of guilt. 

Leveraging local areas for stadiums/ revenues is a sad site. Here, under lease until 2027, and having a stadium that is all paid for by tax payers, I think we're good.

You've said it very well.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#16 : September 29, 2012, 06:39:24 PM

I'm watching the USF vs FSU game at ray jay and it looks sold out.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#17 : September 29, 2012, 07:03:34 PM

Those teams are more exciting than the Bucs.   Of course that game is sold out.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 29, 2012, 07:15:30 PM

Good thread and a novel idea for a new topic of conversation.   I still think the blackouts are Raheem Morris' fault.   

Nice Nosferatu avatar by the way.

Just for all the non-trolls out there... they were buying seats before raheem. Actually during the gruden era too.

If anything pushed the fans away, it's a trio of things. Frugal owners, economy, and climate.

Rjs is a very neat building, but isn't designed for comfort. Several seasons of non spending really put fans belief structure to the test. And Tampa was rated one of the hardest hit financially in the country. Right now, even wins, the 85%, and spending might not save the bucs from blackouts.

It's obvious for me, as a real fan of the bucs, that the only way they will see airtime lies with the owners, and well....they've already said they wouldn't buy up games anymore. Seems to me a good investment for the future, but what do I know, I'm not the billionaires, they are.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 29, 2012, 07:27:25 PM

I guess its just an expression of frustration from our fans, but this issue is not that complicated.  First, attendance has been on the decline LEAGUE WIDE for the last five years:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/08/after-peaking-in-2007-nfl-attendance-steadily-has-declined/

Second, it only follows that the decline would be felt most in an area with a marginal corporate fan base, a terrible economy and a team that has not enjoyed recent success.

The entire league is "struggling" to reconcile a perhaps outdated blackout policy with a planned and concerted decades long effort to adapt the game to television over live attendance.

This too shall pass . . .

Zellination

Starter

#20 : September 29, 2012, 08:49:39 PM

Best topic I have seen in a long time......all true and by god we are talking about a subject we all love, the blackouts.  Just like all of the Rays Bull**CENSORED** they talk about on ESPN...the BUCS may be leaving..or then again maybe not, they have such a sweetheart deal these carpetbagging bastards aren't going anywhere.

Zellination

Starter

#21 : September 29, 2012, 08:50:18 PM

Good thread and a novel idea for a new topic of conversation.   I still think the blackouts are Raheem Morris' fault.   

Nice Nosferatu avatar by the way.

Thanks, he's one  BAMF!!!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 29, 2012, 08:51:49 PM

Highest Ray Jay attendance for a non superbowl game, 69k. Damn economy!!

-------------------------------------------------------

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 29, 2012, 09:11:46 PM

Best topic I have seen in a long time......all true and by god we are talking about a subject we all love, the blackouts.  Just like all of the Rays Bull**CENSORED** they talk about on ESPN...the BUCS may be leaving..or then again maybe not, they have such a sweetheart deal these carpetbagging bastards aren't going anywhere.

Lol.. I love it.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#24 : September 29, 2012, 09:21:10 PM

my season tix for USF is $99, nearly the same price for ONE  Buc  ticket.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 29, 2012, 09:29:43 PM

You kind of hit the nail on the head there. The Glazers could drastically cut game ticket prices to fill up the stadium (or at least get to the 85% threshold) but if they do, then the present season ticket holders would feel slighted and ripped off. If they drastically cut season ticket prices, it's hard to ever raise the prices to get them back in line with the rest of the league without backlash from the fans (like they experienced with the 30% increase 4 or 5 years ago).

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#26 : September 29, 2012, 09:31:04 PM

Bingo. If the Glazers were interested in selling out, they'd look at the market, see that people don't think the ticket prices are worth the show, and like any other business, lower the prices.

For me, personally, Bruce Allen totally turned me off. He acted like a jerk, and had no talent evaluating skills. I would have loved for the Glazers to have kept Gruden and sacked Allen. But, who knows, maybe Gruden wouldn't go for it. Or maybe Gruden was making the picks himself. Doesn't matter how good of a coach you are if your talent sucks.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 29, 2012, 09:34:57 PM

You kind of hit the nail on the head there. The Glazers could drastically cut game ticket prices to fill up the stadium (or at least get to the 85% threshold) but if they do, then the present season ticket holders would feel slighted and ripped off. If they drastically cut season ticket prices, it's hard to ever raise the prices to get them back in line with the rest of the league without backlash from the fans (like they experienced with the 30% increase 4 or 5 years ago).

+1

not to mention the league pressure against devaluing the product

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 29, 2012, 10:01:11 PM

My Bucs tix cost me $950 for the yr, far less than many spend on cigarettes. Priorities, priorities!!

-------------------------------------------------------

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#29 : September 29, 2012, 10:35:08 PM

My Bucs tix cost me $950 for the yr, far less than many spend on cigarettes. Priorities, priorities!!

Great point.... also far less than people who complain about prices spend on alcohol or fast food as well.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Love the National Talk about our Blackouts « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools