Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: if I'm Shanahan, I'm attacking the Bucs defense like... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 29, 2012, 09:32:44 PM

On offense, Freeman needs the latitude to change plays when he deems it appropriate. Not sure just how much latitude he has.
     Defensively, LB's need to maintain gap discipline, as Shanahan's running attack is mostly about misdirection and cutbacks. If a gap is open, the RB will exploit it...

Dy-nasty D

Starter
#16 : September 29, 2012, 09:40:33 PM

If you take away martins 17 yard run that is what he averaged.  Good point.

I'm so sick of hearing this. Sure, take away the big run and it lowers his average. Hey, take away a QB's TDs and his interception to TD ratio sucks. Take away the couple of sacks GMac got and he didn't get any. Take away the few plays a team makes and they don't score any points.

Brilliant!

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 29, 2012, 09:47:49 PM

On offense, Freeman needs the latitude to change plays when he deems it appropriate. Not sure just how much latitude he has.
     Defensively, LB's need to maintain gap discipline, as Shanahan's running attack is mostly about misdirection and cutbacks. If a gap is open, the RB will exploit it...
I think we see Freeman directing the offense at the line by midseason or the last stretch. I don't think Schiano and Sullivan trust the offense enough to let Freeman call his own shots. I'm inclined to agree. Run the ball, set up the playaction, win t.o.p.
If they can't do that, then they will have to keep doing it until they can do it. Looking back on the Giants game, Coughlin called pretty much the same game as Schiano except alot of our drives ended with punts and the gmens ended with points. Coughlin plays the same script week in week out but his teams are better prepared than most. That is what Schiano is trying to do here but we have to be patient and supportive.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 29, 2012, 10:40:20 PM

I think the Redskins will effectively run the ball all day which their zone blocking. That scheme is all about moving the lines from side to side to open a hole, then one cut and gone. If the defense isn't patient and over runs a play, that Alfred Morris kid is off the races. It could we a huge day on the ground verse our young aggressive defense.
I'm not worried about their run game. Starting with McCoy and ending with Barron, the bucs D plays the run very well. I'm more concerned about our offense struggling against their D. There isn't any reason our O can't score on their D.

I think they will gash us for a lot more than any team has this year. I see 150 yards combined in the run game.

Clayborn was a big loss too. He wasn't a huge force in getting pressure, but he was pretty solid against the run.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 29, 2012, 11:03:54 PM

Expect RG3 to attack the bucs D like they did week 1 against the saints. 1 and 2 step drop wr screens, mixed in with runs up the gut and playaction. No huddle fast paced offense where RG3 attacks our edges and goes over top every now and then. I hope our DB's are ready to run...

If that is the case, we need to play press man coverage and jam the WR's at the LOS. The LB's and safeties need to jam the RB's and TE's at the LOS as well. Give him no where to throw short, and get after him. I would spy him with David and Watson, like we did with Cam.

I'm a lot more worried about how our offense is going to respond. The fact that they have a bad pass defense, and we may try to throw the ball heavily is upsetting. No faith in #5 at this point.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: if I'm Shanahan, I'm attacking the Bucs defense like... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools