Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount > D.J. Ware > Martin « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#30 : September 30, 2012, 10:55:54 PM

I like both Martin and Blount but it is clear who is better at this point in their career.  Right now, Blount is more like Okoye while Martin is like Harmon...in other words ride Okoye and let Harmon come in on third downs.  As for Ware? lol enough said.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#31 : September 30, 2012, 10:56:48 PM

It's hard to have a big game with just 8 carries. He averaged over 4 yards a carry and had a 20 yard run called back. Not really his fault there. You can't say someone sucks when they do nothing bad and only are given 8 carries. Blount had a couple nice runs today but only had 6 carries. They both need the ball more but the o-line needs to do a better job of opening up holes. It's more than just the running backs people.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#32 : September 30, 2012, 11:00:09 PM

I have seen nothing from Martin to suggest he should be the primary back.  The kid needs to be eased into it, because it is clear he is simply not there yet.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 30, 2012, 11:02:10 PM

It's hard to have a big game with just 8 carries. He averaged over 4 yards a carry and had a 20 yard run called back. Not really his fault there. You can't say someone sucks when they do nothing bad and only are given 8 carries. Blount had a couple nice runs today but only had 6 carries. They both need the ball more but the o-line needs to do a better job of opening up holes. It's more than just the running backs people.

we can't run the ball more because we don't sustain drives.

-------------------------------------------------------

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 30, 2012, 11:02:30 PM

It's sickening that Alfred Morris was a 6th round pick and Doug Martin was a 1st round pick and Morris is better...

Not really man, that just tends to happen in the NFL regardless of position. See Cruz, Arian Foster, and Tom Brady. The thing I consider "sickening" is when you use a first on a QB and go all in on him in the hopes that he is the franchise QB but he's not good to begin with. Its way harder and longer to recover from that.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#35 : September 30, 2012, 11:07:45 PM

I was very excited that we drafted Martin but I envisioned him taking Lumpkin's touches. You know, 3rd downs, late game when your behind and have to pass. Also just taking over for Blount on some drives when Blount gets tired. Martin would have double the yards if he got the same kind of plays Lumpkin was getting.  If the original plan was to sit Blount then we should have just made the trade for Richardson.

Jumper

Second String

#36 : September 30, 2012, 11:15:05 PM

I think if they want to use Martin as an every down down back, they should leave the mediocre fullback and tight ends off the field, and run a single back spread.

gone

Hall of Famer
#37 : September 30, 2012, 11:15:30 PM

Schiano very clearly thinks we DID draft Richardson, not JAG Martin.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#38 : September 30, 2012, 11:22:31 PM

Maybe I was wrong about Trent Richardson....

But than again...our D is better off with Barron.

Everyone was so  sold on Doug Martin because of JDouble...but when has JDouble ever been right about any RB?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#39 : September 30, 2012, 11:49:41 PM

Everyone was so  sold on Doug Martin because of JDouble...but when has JDouble ever been right about any RB?

I liked Martin for where we took him.... but he is nowhere near the caliber of Richardson, regardless of what some would have u believe.

-------------------------------------------------------

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

#40 : September 30, 2012, 11:52:02 PM

Blount> Ware > Bust

There I fixed it for you!

sharp2325

Starter

#41 : October 01, 2012, 09:13:48 AM

Pepsi- I agree with you, I too was excited about Martin being the change of pace back to Blount's power running. Blount needs more then 1 or two carries a quarter to get rolling. Our running game would be more effective with Blount recieving a bulk of the carries and Martin coming in as a 3rd down back or to spell Blount a series. IMO

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 01, 2012, 09:18:19 AM

The Mini-Mite has quicks and is elusive but he immediately goes down on 1st contact.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 01, 2012, 09:38:15 AM

Ware sucks

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
#44 : October 01, 2012, 11:12:54 AM

I liked Martin for where we took him.... but he is nowhere near the caliber of Richardson, regardless of what some would have u believe.

I honestly at first didn't like Martin because I thought his stats were overblown and he was used way too much in College. Granted I didn't want Trent Richardson either.

Question really is...Would our Bucs be 1-3 if we took Richardson + a later CB/Safety or was it still the right call to take Barron + Martin?

I really like Barron so far so I mean its hard to say. But then again...we never had a shot at Richardson.

I will give Martin the benefit of the doubt though...but this Ray Rice/Matt Forte absolute GARBAGE needs to **CENSORED**ing stop. So sick of people on here comparing him to other established players in the league when all that amounts to is absolutely nothing.

Remember the Freeman to Ben Rothelisberger comparisons? In the words of Chad Johnson...child please.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Blount > D.J. Ware > Martin « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools