Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Coaching staff has some thinking to do « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

: September 30, 2012, 08:39:31 PM

First and foremost they are putting the team in position to win games and that's good but they aren't putting together a complete game yet. They have the bye week this week to reevaluate some of their philosophies. Some things are clearly working and some things aren't. Now the big thing is how much does this staff critique themselves and be willing to let go of the things that aren't working. They made some adjustments today but let's see them make adjustments to solve these problems long term. Maybe some of them are personnel so you can only do so much but find out what's working and not working. I guess as a new staff they are still learning too though. What do you guys see they can change?

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : September 30, 2012, 08:41:18 PM

The Glazers should pay Gruden 1 million dollars to come visit them and spend a week with the current coaches teaching them how to coach in the NFL.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 30, 2012, 08:41:33 PM

Probably both coordinators.

McCoy93

Starter

#3 : September 30, 2012, 08:44:29 PM

I feel like we should be 2-2; We just didn't make enough plays too win it. I wish the offense could start out firing fast at the beginning of games

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 30, 2012, 08:46:23 PM

I feel like we should be 2-2; We just didn't make enough plays too win it. I wish the offense could start out firing fast at the beginning of games

Agree. The funny thing was they had started fast but would suck afterwards. Today they sucked and then picked it up. Consistency. They gotta figure it out. Bye week couldn't come at a better time.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 30, 2012, 08:47:31 PM

i think the coaches need to find better fans.  that might help more than anything.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 30, 2012, 08:47:41 PM

Need lessons on clock management for sure, plus situational awareness. For example, when to blitz and when to know when offensive calls aren't working so switch to something else. Above all be willing to adjust in-game!

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 30, 2012, 08:52:05 PM

Yeah...because fans really help the outcome of games....especially road games.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 30, 2012, 08:52:38 PM

Need lessons on clock management for sure, plus situational awareness. For example, when to blitz and when to know when offensive calls aren't working so switch to something else. Above all be willing to adjust in-game!

Hope they come out of this bye with some great lessons learned. It will make a big difference on the field and scoreboard at the end of the game. It's a game of inches and decision making they say.

McCoy93

Starter

#9 : September 30, 2012, 08:53:36 PM

if the 2nd half is an indicator Freeman can chuck the ball downfield. I'm tired of short passes he sucks at those let him play to his strength which is the deep ball. Freeman is a big risk/reward type of QB

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 30, 2012, 08:55:36 PM

if the 2nd half is an indicator Freeman can chuck the ball downfield. I'm tired of short passes he sucks at those let him play to his strength which is the deep ball. Freeman is a big risk/reward type of QB

+1

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 30, 2012, 08:55:48 PM

Screw running the ball; if the 2nd half is an indicator Freeman can chuck the ball downfield. I'm tired of short passes he sucks at those let him play to his strength which is the deep ball. Freeman is a big risk/reward type of QB

I agree. I hope Freeman taught the staff a little more what he can handle and what he can do in games. Maybe they will trust him more now. Not sure how that will manifest itself though. He has still shown us a world of bad play. Hopefully they know how we can see more second half josh.

Jumper

Second String

#12 : September 30, 2012, 09:02:12 PM

Freeman sure looks better throwing verticals and slants than he does on timing routes and short post-ups. Also seemed like he was stepping up into his throws better and not sliding and throwing off his back foot so much.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#13 : September 30, 2012, 09:03:49 PM

They should pay Gruden 35 million to come back.
How much do we have to pay to have you drop off the face of the planet?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#14 : September 30, 2012, 09:03:53 PM

Freeman sure looks better throwing verticals and slants than he does on timing routes and short post-ups. Also seemed like he was stepping up into his throws better and not sliding and throwing off his back foot so much.

I honestly thought he was done after that first half. He caught some confidence and went from there. Hope the kid keeps it up and the staff knows how to handle him now.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Coaching staff has some thinking to do « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools