Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Coaching staff has some thinking to do « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

CANTCME

Second String

#15 : September 30, 2012, 09:04:10 PM

I'll repeat this in every thread... this team is a team that needs to use the PASS to open up the RUN. only way to get Freeman into a rhythm

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 30, 2012, 09:05:31 PM

Problem is that this is why I can't stand Freeman. He's a tease. Sure the second half looked good but it had to because he torpedoed us in the first half.  Playing well for half vs a terrible pass defense isn't good enough.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 30, 2012, 09:07:47 PM

Problem is that this is why I can't stand Freeman. He's a tease. Sure the second half looked good but it had to because he torpedoed us in the first half.  Playing well for half vs a terrible pass defense isn't good enough.

It's not and he doesn't deserve praise for the first half. That may have been worse than last week. He did what he was supposed to do in the second half though. He redeemed himself... For now....

McCoy93

Starter

#18 : September 30, 2012, 09:08:50 PM

Freeman has been inconsistent his whole career; looking at his 1st half stats you would be thinking he was playing against a top ranked passing D

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 30, 2012, 09:37:23 PM

Just solve the Free mystery would be great.  Put the guy where he is at his best.  They must have figured that out by now.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 30, 2012, 09:43:34 PM

Just solve the Free mystery would be great.  Put the guy where he is at his best.  They must have figured that out by now.

See the problem is that there might not be a place to put him because on 40 snaps he's only gonna be good for 15 of them and there's nothing you can do for the other 25. The David Garrard comparisons keep leaping to mind because Garrard had one good year. Garrard could look like a QB sometimes but he couldn't look like a competitive QB enough.

Looks, the worst thing that could happen is that Freeman stays on this up and down cycle and team tosses a Sanchez-esque contract at him at the end of the year and then starts getting Sanchez-esque results. I've said before I want FReeman to suck or to soar. This type of game is a killer organizationally speaking,

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

sharp2325

Starter

#21 : September 30, 2012, 09:45:41 PM

Here is how you get Freeman rolling, you get Blount in there running over **CENSORED**'s or hurdling them for bigs gains, you get the defense worried about having to tackle his big arse and bam play action pass over the top. Thats exactly what we did in 2010 when Freeman had his great year. Defenses were worried about Blount which opened up the pass. Defenses aren't worried about Martin. You can see that already. He hasn't hit a home run and the way we are using him he won't. It was encourging to see Blount in there more today but it still wasn't enough.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : September 30, 2012, 09:48:36 PM

See the problem is that there might not be a place to put him because on 40 snaps he's only gonna be good for 15 of them and there's nothing you can do for the other 25. The David Garrard comparisons keep leaping to mind because Garrard had one good year. Garrard could look like a QB sometimes but he couldn't look like a competitive QB enough.

Looks, the worst thing that could happen is that Freeman stays on this up and down cycle and team tosses a Sanchez-esque contract at him at the end of the year and then starts getting Sanchez-esque results. I've said before I want FReeman to suck or to soar. This type of game is a killer organizationally speaking,

I hear ya.  No way I extend him the way he is playing now.  I hope they go to the extemes,  just to see if he has what it takes.  Hell , let him run wild,  like Vick or Cam, just to see if it works.  What is there to lose?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 30, 2012, 09:58:35 PM

I hear ya.  No way I extend him the way he is playing now.  I hope they go to the extemes,  just to see if he has what it takes.  Hell , let him run wild,  like Vick or Cam, just to see if it works.  What is there to lose?

I'd be ok with that. You gotta find out what you really got with the kid. Let him loose.

McCoy93

Starter

#24 : September 30, 2012, 10:03:22 PM

i've always felt that Freeman was similar to jason campbell. Similar skill set too Freeman who would you that quarter of good play

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#25 : September 30, 2012, 10:04:07 PM

i've always felt that Freeman was similar to jason campbell. Similar skill set too Freeman who would you that quarter of good play
That is akin to saying, "Freeman sucks.  Really bad."

Ms Elam

Starter

#26 : September 30, 2012, 10:10:10 PM

One huge adjustment.. Run LaGarrett fuggin Blount you stubborn gapped tooth arsewhole.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#27 : September 30, 2012, 10:10:53 PM

I'd be ok with that. You gotta find out what you really got with the kid. Let him loose.

who is to say they are holding him back?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 30, 2012, 10:41:49 PM

^^ that ^^

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#29 : September 30, 2012, 10:44:53 PM

Hell , let him run wild,  like Vick or Cam, just to see if it works.  What is there to lose?

If Free wanted to run, he would. Truth is he doesn't have the heart of those guys and doesn't wanna get hit.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Coaching staff has some thinking to do « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools