Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Coaching staff has some thinking to do « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #75 : September 30, 2012, 11:57:55 PM »

I think he's saying it because he's been taught the risk by his coaches and by getting nailed on the field. He knows its risky. He's gotta learn to suck it up and take the hit sometimes. It gets you the first down or brings you closer. All I'm saying is 2 years ago he did it and now he doesn't. Something happened there for why he doesn't.

Maybe he got blasted..... who knows. But no one is gonna convince me he's not extending drives because the coaches told him not to run. And to believe that is absolute craziness, in my mind.
I don't think Schiano is the type of guy to cover for him though.  If that was true, I would think the HC would be making comments like...we need to get a running QB in here to make my system work.

I've never said he needs to be a running qb... just take the plays when they're there. Schiano called RG3 a "dynamic playmaker" tonite.... you think he'd have an issue with having one of his own??

Well maybe your on to something there.  He might want his OWN guy.

Unless you inherit a franchise QB, what coach doesn't?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #76 : September 30, 2012, 11:59:11 PM »

Here's Schiano from last week.

From what you have seen do you agree that his throwing on the run is a strength of his?

“He is good at. He sure is, yes. Every time he leaves the pocket though and takes on to run, unless you slide effectively you risk injury and that’s the fear. So as long as we hit it then I am good with it. The minute we start spinning and hurdling and all that stuff I am not good with it. Risk reward is not there.”
He sounds ok with running but only when the opportunity arrives. Like I said he doesn't want his QB getting hurt.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #77 : October 01, 2012, 12:15:15 AM »

I don't think there is any fear of Freeman "spinning and hurdling" anyone.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Ricky Bobby

Starter

« #78 : October 01, 2012, 01:06:52 AM »

I am all for new fans. Nothing better than a few dozen large fans to keep the crowd and players cool during the games!!!

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936

gone

Hall of Famer
« #79 : October 01, 2012, 01:09:00 AM »

Hey, Ricky, is that a gerbil in your back seat?

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

« #80 : October 01, 2012, 02:18:00 AM »

I feel like we should be 2-2; We just didn't make enough plays too win it. I wish the offense could start out firing fast at the beginning of games

Damn refs had not robbed us last week....3*1

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

« #81 : October 01, 2012, 02:19:36 AM »

They should pay Gruden 35 million to come back.
How much do we have to pay to have you drop off the face of the planet?

I will kick in a quarter!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #82 : October 01, 2012, 08:20:46 AM »

I'm starting to think schiano has little trust with freeman and wants his own guy.

Still, why not see if the guy is worth keeping? It sure helps a lot when a HC doesn't have to go digging for a qb with his picks or recreate an offense under a rookie.

From what I can tell, he doesn't have to abide by the ethics he has set for the whole team if HE didn't pick that player. Right now schiano is letting Sullivan call the plays, so I'm not so sure it's just Sullivan. If I'm schiano, I'm telling him to let freeman pass or gtfo.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #83 : October 01, 2012, 08:32:51 AM »

I feel like we should be 2-2; We just didn't make enough plays too win it. I wish the offense could start out firing fast at the beginning of games

Damn refs had not robbed us last week....3*1

The refs haven't robbed this team of sh*t. A good team can overcome bad calls, unless it happens on the last play of the game.

The Bucs have had clean opportunities in the 4th quarter to take control and win....and they just have got it done. They have quite a few things to fix over the bye....including the un-fixable Josh Freeman.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

« #84 : October 01, 2012, 08:33:07 AM »

I think it's on the fans.  I blame all of us.  Looking at the board - flip the script.

We suck.

Do you think the team is trying to make US look bad?

Us fans are 1 and 13 in the last 14.

Us fans are all wimps

They team has lost its excitement for us fans.

It's a very special place where this ideas come from...

///

What adjustments did they not make this time?   

I saw a lot more passing...   (as opposed the the cowboys game)

I saw a reasonable amount of blitzing... (as opposed to the giants game.)

I saw adjustments throughout - and they worked in the second half (as opposed to all three games previously)

I saw Freeman start playing with confidence (as opposed to the cowboys game)

The thinking to be done is how to close out games.   I knew as soon as they kicked that last field goal, they were going to let the game slip away.

It was a fun game to watch - after halftime.   I'd like to see two halves of entertainment in the near future.

I think the Bye week comes at a perfect time.   The staff needs it to re-adjust.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

moose40

Hall of Famer
« #85 : October 01, 2012, 12:26:28 PM »

Again i ask.... what are the repercussions if he takes matters into his own hands and makes a freakin play??

Unfortunately, didn't Freeman show what happens last week when he takes matters into his own hands, when he called a run play when we were losing to the Cowboys?
  Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Coaching staff has some thinking to do « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools