Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman needs to be given free reign of the offense « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

alldaway

Hall of Famer

: September 30, 2012, 10:53:44 PM

I know one of the columinists in the local fishwraps put out an article this past week about doing this, but after watching this past game it is very clear.  I have come to the same conclusion that the training wheels need to come off and let the kid sink or swim. 

Hate

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 30, 2012, 10:55:42 PM

I'd say the reigns were off today..... and he stunk it up in the 1st half vs the worst scoring D in the league.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

buchead

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 30, 2012, 10:57:37 PM

I think UT has more to do with Schianos style.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 30, 2012, 10:57:49 PM

I didn't see it Hate.  I saw more conservative routes just like last week.  Only when the Redskins had a sizeable lead did the offense open up (eerily similar to last week).

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#4 : September 30, 2012, 11:01:52 PM

if we are going to progress to a good team, freeman needs to be able to handle conservative routes, deep routes and short routes.  freeman has all the tools, but he just isnt elite.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 30, 2012, 11:03:33 PM

I didn't see it Hate.  I saw more conservative routes just like last week.  Only when the Redskins had a sizeable lead did the offense open up (eerily similar to last week).

I saw opportunities that Freeman refused to take. Where you at the game??

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucsWin31

Starter

#6 : September 30, 2012, 11:11:38 PM

One thing I did like was him finally moving in the pocket...still has ways to go as far as accuracy.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 30, 2012, 11:22:47 PM

I saw a Freeman lacking confidence in the 1st half.

2nd half, completely different story. And it showed.

If we get the 2nd half Freeman all game, we'll be fine.

But none of us know if he can do it, game in and game out.

I really thought they were going to let Dan O. take over after that first half. Glad they didn't.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 01, 2012, 01:29:44 AM

I saw a Freeman lacking confidence in the 1st half.

2nd half, completely different story. And it showed.

If we get the 2nd half Freeman all game, we'll be fine.

But none of us know if he can do it, game in and game out.

I really thought they were going to let Dan O. take over after that first half. Glad they didn't.
Well if my memory serves me correctly, before the bucs quit on Raheem last year they were a better second half team. Its like Freeman has to get his jitters out every game. Though part of that was Olson either didnt script his firsy 15 plays like most OCs or he just sucked at it. If Sullivan keeps starting well and they use Blount more we could be in every game. I just think Schiano wont open up the pass game unless he has to.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#9 : October 01, 2012, 01:46:02 AM

if we are going to progress to a good team, freeman needs to be able to handle conservative routes, deep routes and short routes.  freeman has all the tools, but he just isnt elite.

"he has all the tools" is what I've been hearing about him for a long time but I still don't know exactly what it means. Is it that he is 6'5" 240lb and can move and throw the ball on the run or something? Because in that case there are many people who have all the tools. Tons of college bball players have the same "tools" as Freeman.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 01, 2012, 06:21:47 AM

Call more shots down field in the first half. It's obvious they want to just run the ball, but can't.

C'mon Sullivan...you have to know we need to open it up to get the run going. Right?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 01, 2012, 07:33:40 AM

"he has all the tools" is what I've been hearing about him for a long time but I still don't know exactly what it means. Is it that he is 6'5" 240lb and can move and throw the ball on the run or something? Because in that case there are many people who have all the tools. Tons of college bball players have the same "tools" as Freeman.

i wouldnt say tons.  QB's are getting bigger but there arent that many 6'5 240 guys that are mobile and have the arm that freeman does.  dont most guys say the nfl is 90% mental?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 01, 2012, 07:34:24 AM

Call more shots down field in the first half.

are we sure that they didnt?

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 01, 2012, 07:46:47 AM

We had 18 rushing attempts and threw it 39 times. I'd say they opened it up a little. Coaches can only call the plays they can't tell Free who to throw the ball to each time.

Soul Bro

Pro Bowler
#14 : October 01, 2012, 09:26:01 AM

Free's decision-making and accuracy in the first half were pitiful.  I'm not sure this young man has IT. 
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman needs to be given free reign of the offense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools