Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman needs to be given free reign of the offense « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : October 01, 2012, 09:30:03 AM

He's the weirdest QB I've ever seen.    He's either a total piece of crap or he's in a groove.   I've never seen any other QB like that.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 01, 2012, 09:30:44 AM

I didn't see it Hate.  I saw more conservative routes just like last week.  Only when the Redskins had a sizeable lead did the offense open up (eerily similar to last week).

I saw opportunities that Freeman refused to take.

As did I.

People are wanting to make Freeman's first half performance an indictment on Sullivan, and it isn't.  There were plays to be made Freeman did not see.  There were plays to be made that Freeman did see, but couldn't execute.  That's not on playcalling, folks.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#17 : October 01, 2012, 09:35:01 AM

"He has all the tools" is what I've been hearing about him for a long time but I still don't know exactly what it means."

It means that somewhere, a bag of unused tools lies forgotten.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 01, 2012, 09:37:20 AM

Sorry...they are trying to put freeman into an offense he's not suited to.  They are asking him to things hes not comfortable with.  That's on the staff.   We don't have a super accurate ball control qb.  We just don't.   Schiano will dump josh this off season and get a trent filter to run his college garbage.  This staff is awful.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 01, 2012, 09:43:44 AM

I didn't see it Hate.  I saw more conservative routes just like last week.  Only when the Redskins had a sizeable lead did the offense open up (eerily similar to last week).

I saw opportunities that Freeman refused to take. Where you at the game??

THANK YOUUUUUUUUU

Everyone is **CENSORED**ing about this conservative play calling/not trusting Freeman etc etc blah blah blah.

I was also at the game.  There were a lot of deep to intermediate routes being ran and either Freeman never even looked their way or just refused to throw it and when he did it was poorly thrown.

The Redskins stacked the box all damn day.

I, along with a majority of the fans around me, were just begging Freeman to throw it deep ONCE just to make an attempt to get them to back off.

People complain about Doug Martin or whoever is running the ball and their lack of yardage being gained.  Kinda hard to do it when the opposing team's defense is stacking the box and daring our QB to throw it more than 15 yards.  Not to mention the OL cannot consistently block well/open up ANY running lanes at all.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 01, 2012, 09:44:57 AM

As did I.

People are wanting to make Freeman's first half performance an indictment on Sullivan, and it isn't.  There were plays to be made Freeman did not see.  There were plays to be made that Freeman did see, but couldn't execute.  That's not on playcalling, folks.

Lol @ threads like these....as if Freeman hasn't had the reigns all along.

As long as excuses are made for the guy..then he will remain the QB...and the Bucs will remain in the dumpster.

Aaron Brooks 2.0

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 01, 2012, 09:46:10 AM

Aaron Brooks 2.0

Damn. That stings

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

Jack Rabbit Slim

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 01, 2012, 09:46:47 AM

I saw opportunities that Freeman refused to take. Where you at the game??

I was also at the game.  There were a lot of deep to intermediate routes being ran and either Freeman never even looked their way or just refused to throw it and when he did it was poorly thrown.

Not to mention holding the ball for 7 seconds or more to only dump it off, throw at someone feet or launch it 3 feet behind the receiver

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 01, 2012, 09:54:44 AM

Aaron Brooks 2.0

Damn. That stings

Credit to "Hate" on that one...it's becoming more and more appropriate every passing Sunday.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 01, 2012, 10:03:21 AM

Sorry...they are trying to put freeman into an offense he's not suited to.  They are asking him to things hes not comfortable with.  That's on the staff.   We don't have a super accurate ball control qb.  We just don't.   Schiano will dump josh this off season and get a trent filter to run his college garbage.  This staff is awful.

I am not sure this staff is suitable for today's game, but only 1 quarter of the season has been played thus far. 

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 01, 2012, 10:09:47 AM

That's what every commentator is saying about Freeman...stack the box and force him to beat you with his arm.  So far he has done that on the opening drive in games, and against the Skins in the second half. 

But let's drop the finger pointing at the O-line and coaching staff...he simply plays scared and confused most of the time; defenses see this and feed on it. 

I will give him his due though; he played lights out in the second half once he realized a rookie QB was showing him up in his home stadium. 

He isn't a "Franchise QB and unless he can perform the rest of the season like he did in the 2nd half Sunday, we will NEVER establish the run, our defense will still get tired in the last quarter, the offensive line and receivers will continue to be frustrated.  You could see the frustration on the receivers faces...especially Jackson and Williams.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 01, 2012, 10:18:04 AM

Sullivan insists on a pro set offense, but the Bucs only have 1 WR that can reliably beat jams (Vincent Jackson).  This is the biggest reason why Freeman isn't pulling the trigger.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 01, 2012, 10:30:33 AM

Sullivan insists on a pro set offense, but the Bucs only have 1 WR that can reliably beat jams (Vincent Jackson).  This is the biggest reason why Freeman isn't pulling the trigger.

I support this team, and Freeman going forward. However, it is time to stop blaming the other skill positions. This team's receiving core is quite good. Mike Williams has been solid as our #2 receiver. Freeman has no sense of urgency, and has had a difficult time adjusting protections. That being said, I do not believe the "reigns" are off of Freeman. The offense is far too conservative. Freeman is at his best in the shotgun. He has always looked shaky directly under center. They need to open the playbook up and let this kid sling it.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 01, 2012, 12:37:27 PM

As did I.

I saw this as well. Sullivan has been far from perfect but yesterday he called it well. The Redskins secondary is awful, he recognized that, and he called more pass plays while decreasing the run. It clearly worked in the second half because Freeman started throwing downfield, but in the first half he wasn't. The opportunities were there and he simply wasn't taking them.

The question is, why? Why is Freeman waiting until he HAS to throw downfield to do so? It may be that he's still worried about repeating 2011, or Olsen ruined his confidence or whatever. All are potentially legit explanations, but none are legit excuses. Yet again he proved he CAN do it when forced to...now he has to figure out why he needs to be forced to. The potential is still there, but in your 4th season you can't be relying on potential anymore. Freeman needs to figure out whatever is causing him to play scared and beat it. Quickly. He has a new coaching staff and a GM who might very well be on a hot seat, and neither will put up with this much longer. Nor should they.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 01, 2012, 12:49:15 PM

We had 18 rushing attempts and threw it 39 times. I'd say they opened it up a little. Coaches can only call the plays they can't tell Free who to throw the ball to each time.

Bingo!!!

This notion that Free is on some tight leash.... and told to not throw down the field is BS, and just another excuse for those that aren't ready to face reality.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Freeman needs to be given free reign of the offense « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools