Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Draft Needs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20

bucs4eva

Pro Bowler

#150 : October 05, 2012, 06:01:10 PM

He was listed as 6' 7/8" at the combine. RG3 was 6' 1 1/4"

So 3/8 of an inch difference. That is less than the width of a finger nail.

Brees, RG3, Wilson, Vick, Dalton, Rodgers, Ponder, ect....there are plenty of guys starting and getting it done that are 6'2" or shorter. The prototypical 6'5" QB is nice, but an extra inch or two in height really doesn't make a QB any better.

Romo as well....just threw another pick, BTW.

Lmao. Speaking of Romo, if the Cowboys let him go, would u want him here?

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#151 : October 05, 2012, 06:07:01 PM

Probably right, but I'd rather take a shot on him or a guy like him, than waste a top ten pick on this year's crop of QBs. EJ Manuel is my favorite QB in this class and I wouldn't even take him in the top 20.

love EJ and wouldnt want him in the top 20 eirther. hes got potentially 9 games left to change my mind but i just dont think hes a good value in the top 20. maybe on the backend of the first but i like him in the 2nd. 2nd round qbs struggle less with expectations. its funny that you can be picked at 32 and be a bust if you dont start and dominate right away but if you get picked at 33 you get time and the excuse that you werent a 1st rounder. the NFL and the fans crack me up

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#152 : October 05, 2012, 06:09:21 PM

So all over this board I read that we badly need a new QB (which I agree with, especially if Freeman continues on this path), yet when talking about the draft barely anyone is saying draft a QB in the first. If Freeman is not the answer, aren't we supposed to get our franchise QB in the 1st round? Chase says to get Mallet, I'd be ok with that, but no way would I trade a 1st or a 2nd for him. So everyone complaining about Freeman, who do u want next year? The free agent crop sucks.

As for the draft, my fav player is Manti Teo. Seriously the kid is a beast, he's gonna be all-pro. Foster, Teo, and David would be a devastating LB unit.

the problem is that there isnt an andrew luck or a matt ryan this year. all the highly touted guys are struggling and the ones that arent have questions stemming from questionable competition, type of offense etc. its a really strange year. i just dont feel that a 1st round qb is a good choice for us at this point in time regardless of what happens

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#153 : October 05, 2012, 06:09:53 PM

So all over this board I read that we badly need a new QB (which I agree with, especially if Freeman continues on this path), yet when talking about the draft barely anyone is saying draft a QB in the first. If Freeman is not the answer, aren't we supposed to get our franchise QB in the 1st round? Chace says to get Mallet, I'd be ok with that, but no way would I trade a 1st or a 2nd for him. So everyone complaining about Freeman, who do u want next year? The free agent crop sucks.

As for the draft, my fav player is Manti Teo. Seriously the kid is a beast, he's gonna be all-pro. Foster, Teo, and David would be a devastating LB unit.

For me, Mallett was a gunslinger in college and has now sat behind a future HOF QB and a future HOF coach for the last few years and would be more "NFL ready" than any of the QBs in the draft...and you wouldnt have to give up a 1st rounder for him. Personally, I think if we were willing to gamble and essentially give a 1st and 2nd rounder to get Freeman...then giving up, say, a 2nd and a 4th or 5th for Mallett would absolutely be worth it. As for the question about "having" to get a franchise QB in the 1st rd...Andy Dalton was a 2nd rounder...he seems to be their franchise guy. I think we should take a QB if there is one worth taking with whatever pick we have in the 1st. What I don't think we should do is to reach for a guy with 2nd/3rd round talent and take him in the mid 1st..examples would be Tannehill, Ponder, Locker, etc. I think Tyler Wlson should be graded out as a mid 1st round QB and if he is there...nab him. If that doesnt work out, then BPA, if it's Te'o..f*cking nab that dude...it would be amazing.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#154 : October 05, 2012, 06:12:47 PM

He was listed as 6' 7/8" at the combine. RG3 was 6' 1 1/4"

So 3/8 of an inch difference. That is less than the width of a finger nail.

Brees, RG3, Wilson, Vick, Dalton, Rodgers, Ponder, ect....there are plenty of guys starting and getting it done that are 6'2" or shorter. The prototypical 6'5" QB is nice, but an extra inch or two in height really doesn't make a QB any better.

Romo as well....just threw another pick, BTW.

Lmao. Speaking of Romo, if the Cowboys let him go, would u want him here?

Not really, but definitely.. Romo > Freeman.

If Romo were on this team, it would be a playoff team. Granted...it would be a one and done situation...and there would be a few really really really ugly games along the way...but I honestly feel he could do a lot better with these WRs than he does with Austin/Bryant.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#155 : October 05, 2012, 06:18:22 PM

Romo sucks. Wouldn't want him over anyone.

Kirk Cousins would be another guy I'd be interested in.

Hopefully Freeman has snapped out of his funk after the bye and we aren't desperately seeking a franchise QB next year.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#156 : October 05, 2012, 06:23:45 PM

So all over this board I read that we badly need a new QB (which I agree with, especially if Freeman continues on this path), yet when talking about the draft barely anyone is saying draft a QB in the first. If Freeman is not the answer, aren't we supposed to get our franchise QB in the 1st round? Chace says to get Mallet, I'd be ok with that, but no way would I trade a 1st or a 2nd for him. So everyone complaining about Freeman, who do u want next year? The free agent crop sucks.

the problem is that there isnt an Andrew luck or a Matt Ryan this year. all the highly touted guys are struggling and the ones that aren't have questions stemming from questionable competition, type of offense etc. its a really strange year. i just don't feel that a 1st round QB is a good choice for us at this point in time regardless of what happens

Way too early in the college season to say that, IMO. Matt Ryan finished the 2007 very very strong and looked great in everything leading up to the draft. We have seen it many times with college QBs. They can have a great ending to a college season, show off at the combine, and they are then mentioned at the top of the draft class. RG3 had several of these moments at Baylor, mid and late season last year. Then draft time rolls around and it seems like he had been on the radar just as long as Luck had been. FSU could keep rolling an d EJ could end up pushing right up there where Geno and Barkley sit. Hell, you could even see Aaron Murray hop into the discussion if Georgia keeps winning, his comp % and ypa so far this year are excellent.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#157 : October 05, 2012, 06:27:58 PM

the problem is that there isnt an Andrew luck or a Matt Ryan this year. all the highly touted guys are struggling and the ones that aren't have questions stemming from questionable competition, type of offense etc. its a really strange year. i just don't feel that a 1st round QB is a good choice for us at this point in time regardless of what happens

Way too early in the college season to say that, IMO. Matt Ryan finished the 2007 very very strong and looked great in everything leading up to the draft. We have seen it many times with college QBs. They can have a great ending to a college season, show off at the combine, and they are then mentioned at the top of the draft class. RG3 had several of these moments at Baylor, mid and late season last year. Then draft time rolls around and it seems like he had been on the radar just as long as Luck had been. FSU could keep rolling an d EJ could end up pushing right up there where Geno and Barkley sit. Hell, you could even see Aaron Murray hop into the discussion if Georgia keeps winning, his comp % and ypa so far this year are excellent.

true but overrall im just not impressed. there just not that guy that completely wows me like andrew luck did. all the guys you listed are great college qbs but im just not sure i see great NFL qb when i watch them. i didnt see NFL qb when cam newton was drafted and i didnt see it when griffin was drafted. the are breaking the mold but i like the old tried and true NFL looking qb like manning, brady, ryan, and luck. the potential is there, but Freeman has shown hes got the potential to be great as well.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#158 : October 05, 2012, 06:46:31 PM

true but overrall im just not impressed. there just not that guy that completely wows me like andrew luck did. all the guys you listed are great college qbs but im just not sure i see great NFL qb when i watch them. i didnt see NFL qb when cam newton was drafted and i didnt see it when griffin was drafted. the are breaking the mold but i like the old tried and true NFL looking qb like manning, brady, ryan, and luck. the potential is there, but Freeman has shown hes got the potential to be great as well.

Tyler Wilson and Aaron Murray(might be a little short), then....but yea I eel ya, and I don't disagree with the overall thought.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#159 : October 05, 2012, 07:29:23 PM

i like aaron murray alot but the kid is too short. hes probly 6 even at best since hes listed at 6"1. i always worry about short qbs seeing over the line and having to wind up more to throw the long ball. kinda like russell wilson if hes 2 inches taller hes a top 10 pick

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#160 : October 05, 2012, 07:39:48 PM

Schiano is definitely not married to Dom, IMO.

Let's hope not . Talk about an albatross around your neck...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

utbuc

Second String

#161 : October 05, 2012, 10:05:06 PM

I like star lutielulu from utah a lot clowney from S. Carolina we need another good corner if we loose talib in free agency we will be screwed there with out picking one up if freeman does not start playing better we might need to get a qb I like geno smith.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#162 : October 06, 2012, 06:24:37 PM

I like star lutielulu from utah a lot clowney from S. Carolina we need another good corner if we loose talib in free agency we will be screwed there with out picking one up if freeman does not start playing better we might need to get a qb I like geno smith.

dont worry about clowney right now since hes only a sophmore and not eligible.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#163 : October 06, 2012, 08:14:30 PM

dont worry about clowney right now since hes only a sophmore and not eligible.

Absolute beast though, better than any of the guys coming out this year.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#164 : October 06, 2012, 08:36:22 PM

A few draft prospects in the WVU v. UT game right now.

Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Draft Needs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools