Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Draft Needs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#60 : October 03, 2012, 10:02:36 AM

Anyone been watching that German kid? Bjoern Werner. Kid is impressive.

obviously i have as an FSU fan. i thought he was phenominal as a freshman. just one of those kids you could tell would be a superstar. i call him the white justin tuck. similar size and playing style. pretty much the whole package as a DE. its going to be interesting to see how much he continues to be doubled and tripled from here on out. our other DE carradine has been beasting on people because of werner getting all the attention. kid is gonna be a monster and make a whole lot of money as a pro

I think the most impressive thing about him is his get off. He almost always looks like he is offsides because his quick twitch reaction to the ball being snapped is off the charts.

Mingo, Jones, and Werner are studs. No brainer if we are in position to get one of them, although hopefully we turn it around and don't suck all year.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#61 : October 03, 2012, 03:00:40 PM

obviously i have as an FSU fan. i thought he was phenominal as a freshman. just one of those kids you could tell would be a superstar. i call him the white justin tuck. similar size and playing style. pretty much the whole package as a DE. its going to be interesting to see how much he continues to be doubled and tripled from here on out. our other DE carradine has been beasting on people because of werner getting all the attention. kid is gonna be a monster and make a whole lot of money as a pro

I think the most impressive thing about him is his get off. He almost always looks like he is offsides because his quick twitch reaction to the ball being snapped is off the charts.

Mingo, Jones, and Werner are studs. No brainer if we are in position to get one of them, although hopefully we turn it around and don't suck all year.

we wont take jones. mark my word if hes there when we pick. hes a 3-4 olb all the way. we would definately auction the pick off for a kings ransom. great player, doesnt fit us. mingo is kinda the same thing, 3-4 olb. werner can be either or. hes slimmed down a bunch but played great at 273 last year. im really torn with what we need between DT,DE, RT, CB in the first

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#62 : October 03, 2012, 03:21:30 PM

we wont take jones. mark my word if hes there when we pick. hes a 3-4 olb all the way. we would definately auction the pick off for a kings ransom. great player, doesnt fit us. mingo is kinda the same thing, 3-4 olb. werner can be either or. hes slimmed down a bunch but played great at 273 last year. im really torn with what we need between DT,DE, RT, CB in the first

I disagree that the Bucs wouldn't pick Mingo or Jones, but I don't think we will be picking top 5 again so it won't matter anyway.

I don't think DT would be the pick in the 1st. We've got a top notch 3 technique already, and we've learned the lesson enough times that you only need one of those guys. Edge rusher is an obvious pick if there is a stud on the board as you can never have enough of those, but after Mingo, Jones, and Werner I don't know that there is anyone who is worth locking in on. CB is an obvious pick if they don't re-sign Talib, but I think in the end they will bring him back. More than RT, I think the Bucs need a solid O-Lineman that can play anywhere. Luckily both Jake Matthews and Barrett Jones would fit the bill, and if we can recover and get to 7, 8, 9 maybe even 10 wins, then we are picking right around where both are likely to go. You know how much Schiano wants to run the ball, so I'd expect a draft focused on getting that done.
: October 03, 2012, 03:25:03 PM BucsBay

acacius

Hall of Famer

#63 : October 03, 2012, 03:36:50 PM

Even if they bring back Talib, well, passing on a guy like Milliner because you have a guys like Talib and Wright would be hard for me to fathom.  If he were there when the team was picking.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#64 : October 03, 2012, 05:05:31 PM

I'm late to this but I was going to mention Werner a few days ago. After Teo he's my favorite defensive player right now. He explosiveness off the line is so good he would be effective in the NFL with that alone. He also can effectively bullrush big guys. I can see him drawing lots of holding calls too. I don't know if we should use  first round on Dline but I wouldn't mind it if we got him. We really need some OT help though.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#65 : October 03, 2012, 05:15:09 PM

Tbh I wouldn't even be mad if we went T, G, G in first 3 rouds

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#66 : October 03, 2012, 05:18:27 PM

I would be. We've been trying to fix this damned OL for years but just can't seem to get it done. So I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I would be pissed about it.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#67 : October 03, 2012, 06:11:16 PM

I'm late to this but I was going to mention Werner a few days ago. After Teo he's my favorite defensive player right now. He explosiveness off the line is so good he would be effective in the NFL with that alone. He also can effectively bullrush big guys. I can see him drawing lots of holding calls too. I don't know if we should use  first round on Dline but I wouldn't mind it if we got him. We really need some OT help though.

I wonder if Clayborn could move inside and play next to McCoy as a DT. I mean I've seen McCoy and Clayborn side by side in street clothes and Clayborn looks every bit as big as McCoy, maybe bigger....so I don't think size would be an issue. I bring it up because as much as I love Clayborn, he is not fast off the snap and he isn't a quick twitch freak athlete like you really want at RE. His game is all about power and effort, which seems like it might translate better inside.

Anyways, if Clayborn could make the move inside....I'd be all about drafting Werner as our RE.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#68 : October 03, 2012, 06:54:53 PM

i dont know if clayborn is big enough to play inside. maybe situationally but not full time, hes only 280 so he wont hold up great against the run. maybe create a nascar package like the giants use but definately not full time

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#69 : October 03, 2012, 07:00:08 PM

Yeah but if you follow him on Twitter, you'd known that he has a very hard time staying in that 280-285lbs range. Dude is naturally big and he likes to eat. McCoy is only 295lbs and I'm sure Clayborn could easily get to 300lbs. I really don't think size would be an issue. After being laid up with injury he'll probably show up to camp 300lbs anyways! lol

Not sure if the weak arm/palsy deal would be more of a problem inside though.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#70 : October 03, 2012, 08:10:24 PM

I think the Herbs Palsy limits where you can line Clayborn up. He is much better with his left arm than his right.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#71 : October 03, 2012, 08:51:15 PM

yeah hes going to have a problem with leverage from the erbs. makes playing DT pretty hard for him.

would rather draft a tackle in the 3rd or so instead of moving clayborn inside

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#72 : October 03, 2012, 09:28:20 PM

I'm just thinking out loud. I love Clayborn as a player and as a person. He's great and I'm happy he is a Buc. I love guys that beat the man across from them on pure effort alone...I just wish we could have an explosive freak athlete at RE. In a 4-3 the RE is the one spot where you really want a freak of nature. Clayborn will never be that type of RE.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#73 : October 03, 2012, 09:30:39 PM

I'm just thinking out loud. I love Clayborn as a player and as a person. He's great and I'm happy he is a Buc. I love guys that beat the man across from them on pure effort alone...I just wish we could have an explosive freak athlete at RE. In a 4-3 the RE is the one spot where you really want a freak of nature. Clayborn will never be that type of RE.

Bowers could be though if he gets and stays healthy. Doesn't matter which side, but you definitely need at least one.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#74 : October 03, 2012, 10:19:41 PM

I wonder if Clayborn could move inside and play next to McCoy as a DT. I mean I've seen McCoy and Clayborn side by side in street clothes and Clayborn looks every bit as big as McCoy, maybe bigger....so I don't think size would be an issue. I bring it up because as much as I love Clayborn, he is not fast off the snap and he isn't a quick twitch freak athlete like you really want at RE. His game is all about power and effort, which seems like it might translate better inside.

Anyways, if Clayborn could make the move inside....I'd be all about drafting Werner as our RE.

It's definitely thinking outside the box...and this regime has shown, in some cases, that they will try someone at a different position...IE..Ronde, Zuttah, and now Trueblood.

A top ten pick might happen again this year...if a stud DE is there...we should take him...and this would be a good idea IMO.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Draft Needs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools