Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Draft Needs « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 20

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
: October 01, 2012, 09:53:24 AM

I know with the mood of the board I'm going to get a lot of responses for QB, but even you have to admit that outside of Geno Smith there are no QB's in the draft that look like instant upgrades and the chances of us picking that early look remote.

The Bucs have done a good job at re-stocking the talent on the squad over the last few years, but injuries this year have really made the needs for the team going forward very cloudy. Clayborn and Bowers have the potential to be great players still if they can get healthy. If Davin Joseph is able to recover from the Platella as quickly as Cadillac did in years past then our interior O-Line could be strong, but otherwise we have a big whole (although I hope we never draft a true Guard in the first again). Will the Bucs resign Talib, Bennett, or Dotson?

I think where the answers to the above questions stand, and who the best player available is in April will decide whether we go D-Line, O-Line, or CB next April, but I'm willing to bet our 1st round pick will be at one of those 3 positions.

To me the biggest need right now for the team though is a big TE who can catch. We all know Freeman isn't the most accurate QB all of the time, but as we saw yesterday he throws a great deep ball. If we had a guy like Jimmy Graham, Gronk, or even Tony Gonzalez to bail Freeman out a few times a game and keep the chains moving, Freeman would like a completely different QB. Unfortunately those guys are very hard to find. A guy I'm high on, and wouldn't be upset if the Bucs overdrafted (although I'd love for him to somehow be their 2nd pick) is Tyler Eifert.

: October 01, 2012, 09:56:27 AM BucsBay

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 01, 2012, 09:56:20 AM

I know with the mood of the board I'm going to get a lot of responses for QB, but even you have to admit that outside of Geno Smith there are no QB's in the draft that look like instant upgrades and the chances of us picking that early look very remote.

What I admit is that virtually every QB in the draft would be an upgrade over Freeman.  The question is, will any of them be a franchise QB... not like Freeman, but a real one?

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 01, 2012, 09:57:02 AM

I know with the mood of the board I'm going to get a lot of responses for QB, but even you have to admit that outside of Geno Smith there are no QB's in the draft that look like instant upgrades and the chances of us picking that early look very remote.

What I admit is that virtually every QB in the draft would be an upgrade over Freeman.  The question is, will any of them be a franchise QB... not like Freeman, but a real one.

Really? Give me names of guys who give the Bucs a better chance to win in 2013 or even 2014?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 01, 2012, 10:07:58 AM

Trade what ever you need to, other than the 1st rounder, to get Ryan Mallett in here.

Use the 1st rounder on BPA. If it's a CB, take him. If it's Manti Te'o, take him. If it's a DE, take him...etc.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 01, 2012, 10:11:00 AM

Trade what ever you need to, other than the 1st rounder, to get Ryan Mallett in here.

Use the 1st rounder on BPA. If it's a CB, take him. If it's Manti Te'o, take him. If it's a DE, take him...etc.

Really?? Ryan Mallett is the guy to take this team to the promise land? Also the Pats aren't giving him up for less than a 1st.

big_JLB

Starter

#5 : October 01, 2012, 10:13:43 AM

i could live with a 2nd for mallett. i would prefer a 3rd/5th package, but knowing the pats they'll ask a kings ransom for him.

as long as they keep the 1st i'll be happy. a CB like amerson or milliner, TE like eifert, or draft te'o to play the inside and move foster back to OLB would all help this team tremendously

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 01, 2012, 10:14:29 AM

Really?? Ryan Mallett is the guy to take this team to the promise land? Also the Pats aren't giving him up for less than a 1st.

IMO, he would be a better option than any other QB (realistically) available this coming offseason. Better than any rook, better than a Flynn or Cousins.

Sure, Tyler Wilson, Geno Smith, or Barkley could possibly be franchise QBs...but I think Mallett is the guy I want the most.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 01, 2012, 10:18:56 AM

A guy I'd also love to get in the first is Jake Matthews. Not sure where we'd play him on the O-Line. But I'm sure he'll be a stud for a long time.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 01, 2012, 10:22:48 AM

lol

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 01, 2012, 10:27:02 AM

1st - CB. X RHODES, DEE MILLINER
2ND - DE, DT, LB, RT BEST PLAYER AVAIL FROM THOSE CHOICES
3RD - DE, DT, LB, RT BEST PLAYER FROM THOSE CHOICES
4TH - DE, DT, LB, RT BEST PLAYER LEFT FROM THOSE CHOICES

SEEING A TREND HERE?

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 01, 2012, 10:28:52 AM

i could live with a 2nd for mallett. i would prefer a 3rd/5th package, but knowing the pats they'll ask a kings ransom for him.

as long as they keep the 1st i'll be happy. a CB like amerson or milliner, TE like eifert, or draft te'o to play the inside and move foster back to OLB would all help this team tremendously

mallet isnt the answer. id write amerson off as well right now. hes been an absolute disaster this year

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 01, 2012, 10:31:39 AM

LOL at Mallett

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 01, 2012, 10:41:12 AM

mallet isnt the answer. id write amerson off as well right now. hes been an absolute disaster this year
True about Amerson.. Dude got abused repeatedly by UM on Saturday.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 01, 2012, 10:56:11 AM

Definitely need a cb in the first

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 01, 2012, 11:01:45 AM

I'd draft for the right side of the line so we could get the running game going or depth on the dline. Too much to put just on McCoy & Bennett we need some rotational guys in the trenches. The starters are running out of gas late in the game and losing winnable games.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'
Page: 1 2 3 ... 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Draft Needs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools