Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Draft Needs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#120 : October 05, 2012, 09:58:08 AM

If we have a top 10 pick then all things being equal that pick had better be a QB because the only way we're picking in the top 10 is if our QB doesn't produce well enough for us to not be in the top 10.

honestly there isnt a qb in the first round that id want this year. id just as soon select players at other positions and get a qb next year if we have to go that route

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#121 : October 05, 2012, 10:06:12 AM

If we have a top 10 pick then all things being equal that pick had better be a QB because the only way we're picking in the top 10 is if our QB doesn't produce well enough for us to not be in the top 10.

honestly there isnt a qb in the first round that id want this year. id just as soon select players at other positions and get a qb next year if we have to go that route

I'm not thrilled with the lot either but then again I thought the same thing about a bunch of other years as well so who knows. The thing is we're likely not going to be bad enough to get the sure fire lock RGIII/Luck type players anyways so any QB we're drafting will be of the Locker/Tannehill/Ponder type where you might have to squint a bit to see the promise.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#122 : October 05, 2012, 10:21:05 AM

When the dust settles, I think we will see 4 QBs in the first, with Geno and Barkley up near the top. If we are picking around 10...I think we will take Tyler Wilson. He won't be as big of a reach as the Tannehills and Ponders, IMO.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#123 : October 05, 2012, 10:26:37 AM

When the dust settles, I think we will see 4 QBs in the first, with Geno and Barkley up near the top. If we are picking around 10...I think we will take Tyler Wilson. He won't be as big of a reach as the Tannehills and Ponders, IMO.

I'd be very surprised to see this regime pick a QB in the first unless Freeman completely bombs the rest of the year. Dominick is married to Freeman right now, and Schiano to Dominick.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#124 : October 05, 2012, 10:30:08 AM

theres just nothing that impresses me this year

barkley isnt playing well and i dont trust USC qbs anymore
logan thomas sucks ass and will be going back to college for another year
geno smith is talented but i dont know about system qbs. he probly would have the best career and will be definately going no1 overall at this point
tyler wilson was the best looking qb to me and now i question his leadership ability after he publicly called out his teamates in a game he wasnt playing in. he also has been playing badly this year.
ej manuel has the talent but i am not ready to take a shot with him in the first right now. more like a 2nd/3rd and sit a year behind an established qb.
tyler bray has arm talent but needs to grow up alot and get his head screwed on straight. probably needs to return to tennessee

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#125 : October 05, 2012, 10:37:37 AM

I'd be very surprised to see this regime pick a QB in the first unless Freeman completely bombs the rest of the year. Dominick is married to Freeman right now, and Schiano to Dominick.

Schiano is definitely not married to Dom, IMO.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#126 : October 05, 2012, 10:41:36 AM

Dom has been here for 20+ years. This team would have to put up losing records this year and next at the very least for him to get fired. Schiano would definitely be gone at that point too.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#127 : October 05, 2012, 12:09:57 PM

Dom has been here for 20+ years. This team would have to put up losing records this year and next at the very least for him to get fired. Schiano would definitely be gone at that point too.

I disagree. If Josh crashes and burns and we have a rookie QB next year and still struggle...say 6-10....then Dom needs to canned...they'll give Schiano at least as long as Raheem had, IMO.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#128 : October 05, 2012, 12:12:40 PM

I disagree. If Josh crashes and burns and we have a rookie QB next year and still struggle...say 6-10....then Dom needs to canned...they'll give Schiano at least as long as Raheem had, IMO.

Like you said, your opinion. Dom had what many felt was the best draft in the league this year. There not going to fire him because one pick didn't work out, and overall Josh hasn't been nearly as bad as some of you make him to be and my opinion is that he will continue to improve through the season.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#129 : October 05, 2012, 12:30:56 PM

Like you said, your opinion. Dom had what many felt was the best draft in the league this year. There not going to fire him because one pick didn't work out, and overall Josh hasn't been nearly as bad as some of you make him to be and my opinion is that he will continue to improve through the season.

Dom did hav,e what appears to be, a good draft this past April....but the three previous have not been very good, and he has neglected to draft any OL..a group that is a pretty big weakness right now(and still would be is #75 were healthy). The free agent signings are also pretty damning. The only few that look to be decent are V-jax and Nicks..along with LGB. Signing Ward, resigning Black, True, Clayton were bad...and the Wright signing looks to be just as bad as the others. I'm not really on the "fire Dom" wagon right now...but to think that his seat isn't hot, might be unrealistic.

As far as Josh goes, he has started in 44 games and has played 4 qtrs of good football in 7 of those games...5 of which came in 2010 and 1 last year at home vs. NO. The dude is personifying the definition of erosion. We need a QB who doesn't rely on 4th qtr heroics to win ball games. Many losses are ahead if he only gives a good performance once every 6 games. I hope he pans out...but I also hope this lottery ticket fetches me a few million $...chances are about the same.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#130 : October 05, 2012, 12:33:08 PM

Dom has drafted pretty well overall, i dont know why everyone craps on him so much. he takes the correct players, but its up to the coaches to get the players to perform

Price busted out here and its Dom's fault because Price couldnt get himself together mentally and then got hurt. its not like Dom took a bat and beat him and then messed with his head.

freeman hasnt performed great on the field and its Dom's fault. people were blaming Dom for Mccoy getting hurt, even though he never got hurt at Oklahoma.

the GM is responsible for getting players in the building. his responsibility ends when they walk on the field. i dont know how fans cant understand that. coaches take over once a player hits the field

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#131 : October 05, 2012, 12:48:23 PM

Dom has drafted pretty well overall, i dont know why everyone craps on him so much. he takes the correct players, but its up to the coaches to get the players to perform

Price busted out here and its Dom's fault because Price couldnt get himself together mentally and then got hurt. its not like Dom took a bat and beat him and then messed with his head.

freeman hasnt performed great on the field and its Dom's fault. people were blaming Dom for Mccoy getting hurt, even though he never got hurt at Oklahoma.

the GM is responsible for getting players in the building. his responsibility ends when they walk on the field. i dont know how fans cant understand that. coaches take over once a player hits the field

The best player we have right now from the 09 draft: Roy Miller
Traded our 2nd to get a sh*tty QB..so that was a waste of both our 1st and 2nd rounders.
The rest of 2009...meh

The best player from 2010 draft: GMC.
Price supposedly had a history of injury..but I don't hold that against Dom...it was a risk/reward sitch.
Traded up to get Benn in the 2nd....just plain bad.
Good find in Mike Williams in the 4th
Watson/Grimm/Lorig in the 7th...not terrible.

The best player from 2011 draft: Mason Foster/Clayborn
Both look to be good picks.
Bowers was another risk/reward situation...can't fault him for that
Stocker trade seems terrible right now.
Ahmad Black pick in the 5th was decent.

Even though he has gotten a little better each year...the 09 and '10 drafts just weren't very good.

Grade - C minus

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#132 : October 05, 2012, 12:57:13 PM

The best player we have right now from the 09 draft: Roy Miller
Traded our 2nd to get a sh*tty QB..so that was a waste of both our 1st and 2nd rounders.
The rest of 2009...meh

The best player from 2010 draft: GMC.
Price supposedly had a history of injury..but I don't hold that against Dom...it was a risk/reward sitch.
Traded up to get Benn in the 2nd....just plain bad.
Good find in Mike Williams in the 4th
Watson/Grimm/Lorig in the 7th...not terrible.

The best player from 2011 draft: Mason Foster/Clayborn
Both look to be good picks.
Bowers was another risk/reward situation...can't fault him for that
Stocker trade seems terrible right now.
Ahmad Black pick in the 5th was decent.

Even though he has gotten a little better each year...the 09 and '10 drafts just weren't very good.

Grade - C minus

I think a C is good for him right now. He started out a little rough but to improve is good. Thats what we want to see from the 4th year GM now. Foster, David, Barron, GMac are all guys who are gonna be apart of this defense going forward. Get some other solid pieces around those guys and we may be able to get back to some dominant defense like back in the day. Offensive side of the ball needs a lot of work though. Besides MWilliams the talent he put on that side of the ball has been brutal. He needs to step us his game there.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#133 : October 05, 2012, 01:17:17 PM

once again its up to the coaches to get the players to play

Price - risk reward. good player in college and we took a gamble. was dominant when healthy. wasnt healthy
Benn - very good college player. good pick at the time. cant stay healthy and consistent. once again not Dom's fault
Bowers - risk reward. great pick if it pans out. was a potential top 5 pick if he was healthy. getting him in the 2nd was a steal. cannot fault Dom if he fails.
stocker - very good college TE. cant blame Dom if stocker cant get it together. all on the player and on the coaches

he found mike williams in the 4th, got foster in the 3rd, david in the 2nd. traded back and still got barron. i give him a B-. most of his picks in the last couple years have been good. cant hate on him for players not performing

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#134 : October 05, 2012, 01:33:31 PM

once again its up to the coaches to get the players to play

Price - risk reward. good player in college and we took a gamble. was dominant when healthy. wasn't healthy
Benn - very good college player. good pick at the time. cant stay healthy and consistent. once again not Dom's fault
Bowers - risk reward. great pick if it pans out. was a potential top 5 pick if he was healthy. getting him in the 2nd was a steal. cannot fault Dom if he fails.
stocker - very good college TE. cant blame Dom if stocker cant get it together. all on the player and on the coaches

he found mike williams in the 4th, got foster in the 3rd, david in the 2nd. traded back and still got barron. i give him a B-. most of his picks in the last couple years have been good. cant hate on him for players not performing

He is responsible for getting the best quality of players on the field. If players don't pan out..then he does share in the responsibility. If this team has a losing record...that's 4 out of 5 years since the rebuild...and the one common denominator will be Mark Dominik. It's also most definitely on him if he chooses to rely so heavily on rookie draft picks instead of beefing up the roster prior to the draft. People can blame the Glazers all they want..but it was Dom's choice to hand a bunch of bad players on the roster a ton of money to stick around when outside upgrades should have been purchased instead. He had the greenlight to spend...he just spent it on the wrong guys. Seems like he learned from his errors(except for Wright) this last open market...

He isn't a terrible GM..but whether some think its fair or not, he does deserve criticism for picks that don't pan out.

Page: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Draft Needs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools