Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Draft Needs « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#225 : October 11, 2012, 07:38:42 AM

I disagree...I think the back end of my statement rings true.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#226 : October 11, 2012, 07:49:48 AM

I disagree...I think the back end of my statement rings true.

You left in the 3rd quarter . I think the fact that you lasted longer in the midst of a blowout of an already playoff eliminated team than JDub lasted in a close game at the begining of the year speaks volumes .

JDub is simply not a "Buccaneer Man".

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#227 : October 11, 2012, 07:52:04 AM

I didn't quit anything. I went home. Did you go to the game Doloris? Of course not. Your allowance isn't big enough to buy a ticket.

don't feel bad, I bolted in the third ----couldn't tolerate the bad calls and the extra protection RGIII was getting from the refs.......several other Buc fans were also leaving at the same time - most appeared pissed-off while they were leaving.  Why stay when you're miserable?  I frequently leave the game early over the last four seasons.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#228 : October 11, 2012, 08:16:24 AM

I rarely agree with you Morgan, but you are spot on. Why stay and watch a horrible performance that is making you miserable? I decided to go home and enjoy the rest of my Sunday with my family. Doloris is just being childish.

And you are right, the bad calls and extra protection RG3 was getting was almost as frustrating as the Bucs poor performance. If the guy is allowed to run around and play running back in some college type option system....then they have to allow defenders to hit him like a running back. The call on Barron was 100% nonsense. Barron's feet never left the ground so he didn't "spear drive" him into the ground. He wrapped up RG3's legs and made a text book tackle....he just finished hard which is completely legit. Sure didn't see any flags or fines the next week when Sean Weatherspoon destroyed RG3 on the sideline.

The safety that "wasn't a safety" was also ridiculous.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#229 : October 11, 2012, 08:28:21 AM

I was laughing at the Buc fan and his wife on the escalator in front of me as we were leaving. The guy was so pissed, he was trying to rip up his Buccaneer hat. It was hysterical.   Like you, I really enjoyed getting the hell out of there.  And it made me think that being at RJS for home games might be the last thing I want to do w/ my Sundays.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#230 : October 11, 2012, 08:33:02 AM

It's sad, but I realized this past Sunday that I enjoy my weekends more when the Bucs aren't playing! I usually am in a **CENSORED**ty mood Sunday night and Monday morning....but this weekend I was in a great mood. I can see why many people just tune out. I can't though. Too obsessed. Hope the Bucs give me a reason to be in a good mood this coming Monday morning.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#231 : October 11, 2012, 08:47:27 AM

ive gotten to the point where i enjoy watching other teams play more than i enjoy watching the bucs. i get pissed off a lot less. ive been watching minnesota alot this year and throroughly enjoy it

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#232 : October 11, 2012, 09:12:58 AM

It's sad, but I realized this past Sunday that I enjoy my weekends more when the Bucs aren't playing! I usually am in a **CENSORED**ty mood Sunday night and Monday morning....but this weekend I was in a great mood. I can see why many people just tune out. I can't though. Too obsessed. Hope the Bucs give me a reason to be in a good mood this coming Monday morning.

Sunday night does suck when you expect the Bucs to win and they play well but don't, like what happened against the Cowboys and Skins. Still their is nothing like the excitement and anticipation for the game Sunday morning, especially when you don't know exactly what to expect from your team yet and especially after going half a season without feeling it last year. I think I'm little bit calmed down coming out of the bye. I know a bit more about what the ceiling and the floor for the team is at this point, so I can enjoy the game a bit more and not  be as affected even if they lose some tight ones.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#233 : October 11, 2012, 09:16:46 AM

ive gotten to the point where i enjoy watching other teams play more than i enjoy watching the bucs. i get pissed off a lot less. ive been watching minnesota alot this year and throroughly enjoy it

I'm really looking forward to the Minnesota game. I'm pretty confident about the Chiefs game, and not quite as confident about the Saints game anymore but still think we have a good chance to win. If we do beat both the Chiefs and Saints and get back to 500, the game in Minny is the one that makes or breaks our season.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#234 : October 11, 2012, 09:23:32 AM

If the Bucs are picking in the top 3 and a franchise QB is available, they must take him.  The worst case scenario is that Freeman lights it up next year and we got at least one franchis QB that we can trade to get multiple picks.  There's no downside to taking a QB that high in the draft.

dexmonkey

Hall of Famer

#235 : October 11, 2012, 10:41:43 AM

I'm really looking forward to the Minnesota game. I'm pretty confident about the Chiefs game, and not quite as confident about the Saints game anymore but still think we have a good chance to win. If we do beat both the Chiefs and Saints and get back to 500, the game in Minny is the one that makes or breaks our season.

im taking it one game at a time. we need to beat KC first. i shudder to think what happens if we cant beat a team with brady quinn at qb. there really isnt a make or break game in my opinion. we need to win a few and stay in all of our losses. i would like 6+ wins without any long streaks like last year. i just dont think we have the depth on this team to succeed and this draft will go a long way toward getting us back to form if we approach it properly. a top 10 pick wouldnt be neccessarily a bad thing for us this year because it allows us to get access to the really great players in the draft.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#236 : October 11, 2012, 10:57:10 AM

The assumption that desiring an upgrade at QB means you must immediately cut the QB you have = faulty logic.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#237 : October 11, 2012, 10:59:58 AM

I completely agree. I was able to enjoy some football this weekend and not have my football watching tainted by a Bucs loss.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#238 : October 11, 2012, 11:02:38 AM

The assumption that desiring an upgrade at QB means you must immediately cut the QB you have = faulty logic.

Rex Ryan? ... go jets

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#239 : October 11, 2012, 12:11:42 PM

+1 This is so true! I feel bad admitting it. But I was in better spirits this past weekend because I knew a possible Bucs loss couldn't screw up my mood.
Page: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2013 Draft Needs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools