Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 30 for 30: stats don't lie « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

: October 02, 2012, 04:08:14 AM

Here we are a quarter way in and some interesting stats.  Bucs are 30th in offense and 30th in defense with a 1-3 record.  I will certainly give them kudos for being ahem...competitive even though I could not find a metric for it.  Long term Sheridan is not the answer.  Maybe butch can help out next year because bill Sheridan flat out sucks.  Anyone want to know how his last two defenses looked?  You don't.   This guy just isn't a dc in the nfl.  Completely disappointed in the staff so far.  A for effort.  F for results.  My old mentor used to say...never mistake effort for results.

Zellination

Starter

#1 : October 02, 2012, 06:15:53 AM

True

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 02, 2012, 06:59:52 AM

When Schiano was hired I remember hearing something along the lines of "you'll love everything Schiano does Monday to Saturday but Sunday he'll have you scratching your head.

Not wrong so far.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#3 : October 02, 2012, 07:03:12 AM

How are they 30th in both offense and defense, but still remaining competitive?    Are they getting far more turnovers than the opponent?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 02, 2012, 07:41:17 AM

Because Schiano rides waves.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 02, 2012, 08:52:03 AM

How are they 30th in both offense and defense, but still remaining competitive?    Are they getting far more turnovers than the opponent?

Well, considering that the 3 Bucs losses came down to the last possession of the game, you can make a legit argument that they are competitive.  The fact that not one of the teams they beat or lost to have a winning record, should give you a better indication of where we stand.  We aren't good enough to beat medicore teams.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 02, 2012, 08:52:20 AM

Fire everyone.   That makes the most sense.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#7 : October 02, 2012, 08:54:34 AM

When Schiano was hired I remember hearing

i also remembered hearing that the previous regime left a pretty big mess for schiano to clean up.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 02, 2012, 08:57:25 AM

Here we are a quarter way in and some interesting stats.  Bucs are 30th in offense and 30th in defense with a 1-3 record.  I will certainly give them kudos for being ahem...competitive even though I could not find a metric for it.  Long term Sheridan is not the answer.  Maybe butch can help out next year because bill Sheridan flat out sucks.  Anyone want to know how his last two defenses looked?  You don't.   This guy just isn't a dc in the nfl.  Completely disappointed in the staff so far.  A for effort.  F for results.  My old mentor used to say...never mistake effort for results.

what has butch done to make you think he would help?

and how quickly did you believe that the staff would turn things around?  what did you expect at this point in the season?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 02, 2012, 09:04:27 AM

i also remembered hearing that the previous regime left a pretty big mess for schiano to clean up.
Not really. The former regime inherited a much, much bigger mess. Schiano inherited as good a situation as it gets. He got a bunch of young players who had already displayed some kind of NFL talent. Most of them had cheap contracts. He had all his draft picks, an astounding amount of salary cap space, and $150 million in free agent money. He inherited a group of players who started last season 4-2 and between the end of 2009 and beginning of 2011, went 16-10.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 02, 2012, 09:08:06 AM

Fire everyone.   That makes the most sense.

While I know you're being sarcastic, it's the right move... at least at this point in the season.  Dominik is at best the 32nd ranked GM in the NFL.  He is awful at his job, he needs to go.  Because Dominik built a team that has about 40 or so quitters on it, you need to fire Schiano too.  I know PR had in their early season predicitions that this team would be 1-3 going into the bye and even had them finishing with I believe 8 or 9 wins, this team is going to quit again and soon.  I honestly don't see a win on the rest of their schedule.  Sure, they're going to win some, they have to... don't they?  But this is a team that is likely going to win 3 or 4 games this year.  You can't have a "new regime" and get "old regime" results with no signs of improvement.  If this team continues on it's current course, Dominik must get fired in January.  When the new GM comes in with a coach he didn't hire, what do think is going to happen?  If this team finishes with 3 or 4 wins, Freeman is gone, no doubt about it... Schiano is gone... no doubt about it.  In 2013, it will be 2009 all over again... new GM, new coach, new QB.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 02, 2012, 09:10:21 AM

Not really. The former regime inherited a much, much bigger mess. Schiano inherited as good a situation as it gets. He got a bunch of young players who had already displayed some kind of NFL talent. Most of them had cheap contracts. He had all his draft picks, an astounding amount of salary cap space, and $150 million in free agent money. He inherited a group of players who started last season 4-2 and between the end of 2009 and beginning of 2011, went 16-10.

so you just want to sweep under the rug the 10 game losing streak and the worse defensive showing in team history?  forget the team was filled with quitters?  forget the lackadaisical attitude that OBP became known for?  sure, whatever fits your agenda.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 02, 2012, 09:11:12 AM

Yeah, the only mess Schiano had to clean up was the quitter mentality and get rid of trouble makers.  That's not a big mess since the trouble makers part is easily done... it's the getting rid of the quitter mentality the team has.  By that, I don't mean replace the talent, entirely, but do a good job of coaching.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 02, 2012, 09:15:33 AM

so you just want to sweep under the rug the 10 game losing streak and the worse defensive showing in team history?  forget the team was filled with quitters?  forget the lackadaisical attitude that OBP became known for?  sure, whatever fits your agenda.

Who was responsible for that streak?  It was Morris and Co (along with Dominik)... and they're gone and Dominik soon will be.  Who built the team of quitters?  The same guy who hired Schiano.  Lackadaisical attitude?  I don't think so.  Giving a staff 3 years seasons reasonable, not lackadaisical.  Giving Dominik 4 years, based on his production was stupid, but it's not lackadaisical.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 02, 2012, 09:17:23 AM

It's a heck of a lot easier than replacing an entire team, like what had to happen in 2009. Unless you're George Seiffert, every coach inherits a team where something went wrong. That's why you now have a job.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 30 for 30: stats don't lie « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools