Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 30 for 30: stats don't lie « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#15 : October 02, 2012, 09:18:36 AM

The Bucs have the 6th best turnover ratio in the NFL.    They suck on offense and defense, but get lucky a lot.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 02, 2012, 09:20:08 AM

Who was responsible for that streak?  It was Morris and Co (along with Dominik)... and they're gone and Dominik soon will be.  Who built the team of quitters?  The same guy who hired Schiano.  Lackadaisical attitude?  I don't think so.  Giving a staff 3 years seasons reasonable, not lackadaisical.  Giving Dominik 4 years, based on his production was stupid, but it's not lackadaisical.

every national guy that came to OBP last year said it was the worst atmosphere they have they have ever witnessed.  you can pick a different word if you dont agree with lackadaisical.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 02, 2012, 09:26:02 AM

Who was responsible for that streak?  It was Morris and Co (along with Dominik)... and they're gone and Dominik soon will be.  Who built the team of quitters?  The same guy who hired Schiano.  Lackadaisical attitude?  I don't think so.  Giving a staff 3 years seasons reasonable, not lackadaisical.  Giving Dominik 4 years, based on his production was stupid, but it's not lackadaisical.

every national guy that came to OBP last year said it was the worst atmosphere they have they have ever witnessed.  you can pick a different word if you dont agree with lackadaisical.

That's because the team just quit on their coach and had a 10-game losing streak!  Once that coach is gone, the environment changes... instantly.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 02, 2012, 09:29:39 AM

That's because the team just quit on their coach and had a 10-game losing streak!  Once that coach is gone, the environment changes... instantly.

look at the pretty unicorns!  and hey, at the end of that rainbow - its a leprechaun with a pot of gold!  yippee!

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 02, 2012, 09:34:44 AM

A short breakdown of the season...
Game 1 vs Carolina - Scored 16 points (only 1 TD on the first drive of the game), against a team that's giving up about 30 points per game in it's other 3 games.
Game 2 vs Giants - Eli Manning throws 3 Int's in the 2nd quarter leading to the Bucs having a 28 yd TD drive, a 13 yard TD drive, and a 60 yd Int return.  Eli currently has 4 Int's this year... 3 in 1 Q vs the Bucs, and 1 in the other 15.  I think we can chalk that up to the Nick Sulivan advantage... that didn't last very long.
Game 3 vs Dallas - Dallas has looked like crap in their 3 games since opening week... their only win is against us.
Game 4 vs Washington - Crappy first half followed up by a solid 2nd half... but couldn't get the job done to get  the win.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 02, 2012, 09:37:16 AM

Game 1 vs Carolina - Scored 16 points (only 1 TD on the first drive of the game), against a team that's giving up about 30 points per game in it's other 3 games.

Bucs won that one due to muddy field.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 02, 2012, 09:43:02 AM

look at the pretty unicorns!  and hey, at the end of that rainbow - its a leprechaun with a pot of gold!  yippee!
What evidence is there the team's current problems have anything to do with quitting? The team has started each game hot and played until the end in every game.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 02, 2012, 09:45:49 AM

Not really. The former regime inherited a much, much bigger mess. Schiano inherited as good a situation as it gets. He got a bunch of young players who had already displayed some kind of NFL talent. Most of them had cheap contracts. He had all his draft picks, an astounding amount of salary cap space, and $150 million in free agent money. He inherited a group of players who started last season 4-2 and between the end of 2009 and beginning of 2011, went 16-10.

so you just want to sweep under the rug the 10 game losing streak and the worse defensive showing in team history?  forget the team was filled with quitters?  forget the lackadaisical attitude that OBP became known for?  sure, whatever fits your agenda.
It's a heck of a lot easier than replacing an entire team, like what had to happen in 2009. Unless you're George Seiffert, every coach inherits a team where something went wrong. That's why you now have a job.

Makes too much sense to be comprehended by some, FRG. You nailed it though.

DailyRich68

Starter
#23 : October 02, 2012, 09:50:11 AM

How about we give Schiano more than four games before we bury him?  Hell, Raheem got 38.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 02, 2012, 09:51:39 AM

Bucs won that one due to muddy field.

Lol...cause every game that isn't played under perfect conditions, should come with an *.

Wonder what the Java-planation will be for the next Bucs win...

...whenever that might be.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 02, 2012, 09:51:46 AM

What evidence is there the team's current problems have anything to do with quitting? The team has started each game hot and played until the end in every game.

my statement was directed at the thought of habits, lifestyles, thought processes, and mental focus changes instantly.

although it is possibly that the players arent focused enough to play a full 60min game.  i think its certainly possibly that player can fall into bad habits when they get tired.  i think players can be focused on wrong keys, reads, and checks due to lack of consistent preparation.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 02, 2012, 09:56:53 AM

Here we are a quarter way in and some interesting stats.  Bucs are 30th in offense and 30th in defense with a 1-3 record.  I will certainly give them kudos for being ahem...competitive even though I could not find a metric for it.  Long term Sheridan is not the answer.  Maybe butch can help out next year because bill Sheridan flat out sucks.  Anyone want to know how his last two defenses looked?  You don't.   This guy just isn't a dc in the nfl.  Completely disappointed in the staff so far.  A for effort.  F for results.  My old mentor used to say...never mistake effort for results.

what has butch done to make you think he would help?

and how quickly did you believe that the staff would turn things around?  what did you expect at this point in the season?
It makes me laugh to see posters want Schiano fired immediately, but when Gruden was fired, the general consensus was, Rah needs time to clean up the mess. <scratchingMyHead>

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 02, 2012, 10:21:17 AM

" The team has started each game hot and played until the end in every game. "

You've always had a rather limited contact with reality, but here lately you seem to have crossed over into delusional.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 02, 2012, 10:28:31 AM

" The team has started each game hot and played until the end in every game. "

You've always had a rather limited contact with reality, but here lately you seem to have crossed over into delusional.
The Bucs scored points on offense on the first drive of 3 of 4 games and in the one they didn't, they scored on the second drive. They've been tied or had the lead with less than two minutes to play in 3 out of 4 games and the game they didn't, they lost by 6 points. Now who is out of touch with reality?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 02, 2012, 10:30:07 AM

Here we are a quarter way in and some interesting stats.  Bucs are 30th in offense and 30th in defense with a 1-3 record.  I will certainly give them kudos for being ahem...competitive even though I could not find a metric for it.  Long term Sheridan is not the answer.  Maybe butch can help out next year because bill Sheridan flat out sucks.  Anyone want to know how his last two defenses looked?  You don't.   This guy just isn't a dc in the nfl.  Completely disappointed in the staff so far.  A for effort.  F for results.  My old mentor used to say...never mistake effort for results.

what has butch done to make you think he would help?

and how quickly did you believe that the staff would turn things around?  what did you expect at this point in the season?
It makes me laugh to see posters want Schiano fired immediately, but when Gruden was fired, the general consensus was, Rah needs time to clean up the mess. <scratchingMyHead>

Because there is no freaking mess. The Bucs added three top-tier FA's and have a better roster from top to bottom than they did a season ago. They replaced 10 starters on offense and defense this season. Most of the guys that started for us a season ago are buried on the depth chart on other teams or aren't even on active rosters.

Is LaVonte David not light years better than Geno Hayes? Is Mark Barron not light years better than Sean Jones? Is Eric Wright not light years better than E.J. Biggers? Is Carl Nicks not light years better than Ted Larsen? Is Doug Martin not light years better than Kreg Lumpkin? Is a healthy Gerald McCoy not light years better than Frank Okam? Is Vincent Jackson not light years better than any WR we've had on this roster in the past 4 years?

The Bucs upgraded more positions this past offseason than I can recall them upgrading in one offseason in the last decade, so come off of this "mess" nonsense. The team is not playing to it's talent level. Period.
: October 02, 2012, 10:31:41 AM CBWx2

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 30 for 30: stats don't lie « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools