Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 30 for 30: stats don't lie « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 02, 2012, 10:34:48 AM

First Quarter:  23 points scored with 20 points given up = +3
Second Quarter:  27 points scored with 24 points given up = +3
Third Quarter:  10 points scored with 10 points given up = 0
Fourth Quarter:  22 points points scored with 37 points given up = -15

Obviously the Giants fourth quarter sways that quite a bit, with that being the only game the defense has allowed a 4th quarter TD.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#31 : October 02, 2012, 10:40:20 AM

I like your method of averaging it out to hide the inconsistency much better than FRG's crow about the good and pretend the bad doesn't exist. But neither one is going to fool many people- except for those who want to be fooled.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#32 : October 02, 2012, 10:43:52 AM

I like your method of averaging it out to hide the inconsistency much better than FRG's crow about the good and pretend the bad doesn't exist. But neither one is going to fool many people- except for those who want to be fooled.

Your posts were made while I was putting those numbers together.  My post is addressing the thread, not your or FRG's posts.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 02, 2012, 10:45:25 AM

stats are for losers

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 02, 2012, 10:49:16 AM

stats are for losers

I suppose that explains why the Bucs are 1-3

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 02, 2012, 10:51:01 AM

Here we are a quarter way in and some interesting stats.  Bucs are 30th in offense and 30th in defense with a 1-3 record.  I will certainly give them kudos for being ahem...competitive even though I could not find a metric for it.  Long term Sheridan is not the answer.  Maybe butch can help out next year because bill Sheridan flat out sucks.  Anyone want to know how his last two defenses looked?  You don't.   This guy just isn't a dc in the nfl.  Completely disappointed in the staff so far.  A for effort.  F for results.  My old mentor used to say...never mistake effort for results.

what has butch done to make you think he would help?

and how quickly did you believe that the staff would turn things around?  what did you expect at this point in the season?
It makes me laugh to see posters want Schiano fired immediately, but when Gruden was fired, the general consensus was, Rah needs time to clean up the mess. <scratchingMyHead>

Because there is no freaking mess. The Bucs added three top-tier FA's and have a better roster from top to bottom than they did a season ago. They replaced 10 starters on offense and defense this season. Most of the guys that started for us a season ago are buried on the depth chart on other teams or aren't even on active rosters.

Is LaVonte David not light years better than Geno Hayes? Is Mark Barron not light years better than Sean Jones? Is Eric Wright not light years better than E.J. Biggers? Is Carl Nicks not light years better than Ted Larsen? Is Doug Martin not light years better than Kreg Lumpkin? Is a healthy Gerald McCoy not light years better than Frank Okam? Is Vincent Jackson not light years better than any WR we've had on this roster in the past 4 years?

The Bucs upgraded more positions this past offseason than I can recall them upgrading in one offseason in the last decade, so come off of this "mess" nonsense. The team is not playing to it's talent level. Period.

Yeah, and they backed all that up with a fuggin college coach........That crap doesn't jive, no matter how you spin it.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 02, 2012, 10:51:28 AM

Understood.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 02, 2012, 10:52:00 AM

Who is pretending the bad doesn't exist? The point is Schiano is not losing games for the reasons Morris lost games. The two hallmarks of the Morris era were pathetically slow starts and games where they just didn't show up and got blown out. Through four games thus far, the Bucs haven't had any slow starts and haven't been blown out. Morris' problems are not Schiano's problems and Schiano's problems aren't Morris' problems.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 02, 2012, 10:53:55 AM

Schiano inherited a team that started the year 4-2 = pretending.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 02, 2012, 10:58:20 AM

So Schiano didn't inherit the team that held the Falcons to 30 yards rushing, the Colts to 62, and the Saints to 70? It sure looked like it when the Bucs shut down the Panthers and Cowboys in 2 of the first 3 games this season.

As I said, thus far Schiano has not been plagued by the problems that plagued Morris.
: October 02, 2012, 11:05:04 AM Feel Real Good

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 02, 2012, 11:04:36 AM

So Schiano didn't inherit the team that held the Falcons to 30 yards rushing, the Colts to 62, and the Saints to 70? It sure looked like it when the Bucs shut down the Panthers and Cowboys in 2 of the first 3 games this season.

None of that matters brother,,,,,,,we're 1-3 and going down slow.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 02, 2012, 11:06:52 AM

Schiano didn't inherit Morris' team at all. Almost half the starters on both sides of the ball were upgraded this offseason. Replaced not by camp fodder, which was SOP for 2010 and 2011, but rather with high draft pics in what was the most aggressive Buccaneer draft since 1995, and the most money spent on outside FA's in at least the last 10 years. Nobody else seems to want to acknowledge this, so I guess I'll just keep pointing it out.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#42 : October 02, 2012, 11:09:02 AM

Here we are a quarter way in and some interesting stats.  Bucs are 30th in offense and 30th in defense with a 1-3 record.  I will certainly give them kudos for being ahem...competitive even though I could not find a metric for it.  Long term Sheridan is not the answer.  Maybe butch can help out next year because bill Sheridan flat out sucks.  Anyone want to know how his last two defenses looked?  You don't.   This guy just isn't a dc in the nfl.  Completely disappointed in the staff so far.  A for effort.  F for results.  My old mentor used to say...never mistake effort for results.

what has butch done to make you think he would help?

and how quickly did you believe that the staff would turn things around?  what did you expect at this point in the season?
It makes me laugh to see posters want Schiano fired immediately, but when Gruden was fired, the general consensus was, Rah needs time to clean up the mess. <scratchingMyHead>

Because there is no freaking mess. The Bucs added three top-tier FA's and have a better roster from top to bottom than they did a season ago. They replaced 10 starters on offense and defense this season. Most of the guys that started for us a season ago are buried on the depth chart on other teams or aren't even on active rosters.

Is LaVonte David not light years better than Geno Hayes? Is Mark Barron not light years better than Sean Jones? Is Eric Wright not light years better than E.J. Biggers? Is Carl Nicks not light years better than Ted Larsen? Is Doug Martin not light years better than Kreg Lumpkin? Is a healthy Gerald McCoy not light years better than Frank Okam? Is Vincent Jackson not light years better than any WR we've had on this roster in the past 4 years?

The Bucs upgraded more positions this past offseason than I can recall them upgrading in one offseason in the last decade, so come off of this "mess" nonsense. The team is not playing to it's talent level. Period.

So a qb that was intimidated by a headcase TE, a headcase TE, a 2nd year WR going into a sophmore slump, no rb's other then Blount, an O-line that proved that if any starter was hurt the team was in trouble opening any holes, a d-line that was injury plagued, a linebacker core that had Black and Hayes, and a db that masqueraded as swiss cheese wasn't a mess?  Not to mention a HC who seemed over his head?

THank you for proving my point, by showing the fixes. There are still holes, but we have a better overall team, but still lack some depth.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 02, 2012, 11:09:26 AM

Stats based on the worst marker do lie... or at a minimum become really irrelevant.

This team is fighting and it's clear to me that they know they've got real work to do...    the only way they're going to 'go.. down slow' is if they give up.   

I'm hoping that their DNA has fundamentally shifted...   thus far, it sure looks like it.

But what do I know?   I am a nobody on a message board.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 02, 2012, 11:21:17 AM

We are 1-3 even with all the upgrades. David has been playing lights out, and even though I wasn't crazy about the pick, so has Barron. Can you imagine how bad this team would look if Schiano actually had inherited Morris' team from last season? I'll likely get criticized for saying it, but given a proper supporting cast of coaches, Raheem Morris would have done a better job coaching this roster than Schiano has.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 30 for 30: stats don't lie « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools