Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 30 for 30: stats don't lie « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#60 : October 02, 2012, 12:26:25 PM

Here we are a quarter way in and some interesting stats.  Bucs are 30th in offense and 30th in defense with a 1-3 record.  I will certainly give them kudos for being ahem...competitive even though I could not find a metric for it.  Long term Sheridan is not the answer.  Maybe butch can help out next year because bill Sheridan flat out sucks.  Anyone want to know how his last two defenses looked?  You don't.   This guy just isn't a dc in the nfl.  Completely disappointed in the staff so far.  A for effort.  F for results.  My old mentor used to say...never mistake effort for results.

I want to see 4-8 more games before passing judgement but this is tough to accept thus far.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#61 : October 02, 2012, 01:18:36 PM

Well my concern is with our staff...can you show me where schiano, Sullivan, or Sheridan showed they deserve a major nfl gig?

no, because you have already closed your mind to the possibility.  might as well make an argument that no coach ever truly deserves a major NFL gig, and if he does...that doesnt translate to him being a good HC.

schiano is meticulous.  he knows how to run a football program.  he took a pile of nothing and turned it to respectability.
sullivan has spent the last few years with the 2 time SB champs.  he is credited as a major help in the development of eli.
sheridan's one shot as a DC ended in a injured plagued disaster.  but he is a respected LB coach who's been around the nfl for a long time.

but you knew all this already.  and it means nothing to you.  what coach available do you believe deserved the Bucs job...im sure it wont be hard to put some holes in his armor either.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#62 : October 02, 2012, 01:19:43 PM

My old mentor used to say...never mistake effort for results.

what was your mentors field of expertise?  and in what situations did he use this phrase?

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#63 : October 02, 2012, 01:22:10 PM

Toilet training?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#64 : October 02, 2012, 02:49:17 PM

Petty insults?  Oh...its you.  Nevermind. 

Game:  meticulous and you used the word program?  Primarily a college term.  Nice.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#65 : October 02, 2012, 03:48:44 PM

Game:  meticulous and you used the word program?  Primarily a college term.  Nice.

i think being able to run the show is more important for a head coach than being able to coordinate.  now if a guy can do both then great.  very few can, most cant.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#66 : October 02, 2012, 04:06:04 PM

Stats are for losers!!! especially when youre ranked near last.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#67 : October 02, 2012, 04:07:14 PM

Stats are for losers!!! especially when youre ranked near last.

Dude, why aren't you using one of those sigs I made for you?

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 30 for 30: stats don't lie « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools