Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worse case 2012 scenario. Bucs finish last out of 32.. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

McCoy93

Starter

#15 : October 02, 2012, 03:23:23 PM

Star lotulelei the next imagine a duo of him and mccoy. Star reminds me of Nagta from the ravens

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 02, 2012, 03:30:59 PM

We are currently o. Pace to win 4 games.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 02, 2012, 03:36:08 PM

The only way the team finishes dead last is if Freeman plays the rest of the season like he did the first half of this last game.  Ergo, best QB available.  Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.  But I think it'd be the only hope to turn the franchise around.  Left tackle?  What's the best case scenario of the team drafting a tackle?  He turns into the next Joe Thomas?  Groovy.  Maybe he could have all the success that Thomas' teams have had since he's been in the league.
: October 02, 2012, 03:40:12 PM acacius

acacius

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 02, 2012, 03:39:07 PM

More than likely we will be one pick away from landing a superstar and end up with a bust. Think Suh, Joe Thomas, and Megatron.
I'll give you Joe Thomas and Megatron but Suh.. Not so much. McCoy is better.

No doubt, McCoy is way better than Suh

...except in any statistical category you use to compare them.
Welllll, if I wanted to try to weasel this, one could approach it from a "what have you done for me lately" standpoint, and McCoy *does* have better stats this season.  But that really would be pretty weasely.  I think the better argument to make is just that McCoy is looking like, he'll be a pretty darned good player so long as he stays healthy.  Sure, the team missed out on another pretty darned good player in Suh, but that doesn't make McCoy a bust.  If he stay on the danged field.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#19 : October 02, 2012, 03:45:17 PM

That is the rub. We shall see.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 02, 2012, 04:05:48 PM

More than likely we will be one pick away from landing a superstar and end up with a bust. Think Suh, Joe Thomas, and Megatron.

Career:
              Tackles   FF   Sacks
Suh       102           1   14
McCoy       39         2       4

McCoy is leading Suh in forced fumbles.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 02, 2012, 04:10:34 PM

Welllll, if I wanted to try to weasel this, one could approach it from a "what have you done for me lately" standpoint, and McCoy *does* have better stats this season.  But that really would be pretty weasely.  I think the better argument to make is just that McCoy is looking like, he'll be a pretty darned good player so long as he stays healthy.  Sure, the team missed out on another pretty darned good player in Suh, but that doesn't make McCoy a bust.  If he stay on the danged field.

Agree. Good post. I dont know if McCoy will ever be better than Suh but if McCoy keeps it up then Suh can do whatever he wants. McCoy will have made a fine selection at 3.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 02, 2012, 04:12:38 PM

That's if there are big rainstorms the day of 3 more games and the opposing team has a QB who relies on sharp cutting and their starting RB is out that week.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 02, 2012, 04:18:20 PM

The cowboys have only scored 61 points total in their 4 games.  But we were at least competitive with them.  That tells me we will be a .500 team and be picking in the high teens.

McCoy93

Starter

#24 : October 02, 2012, 04:18:34 PM

i guess i could see us taking matt barkley. I think Schiano likes QB's like Barkley

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 02, 2012, 04:27:18 PM

QB, baby. Wont happen though

No matter where we pick...at some point we need to say, "QB, baby"

Most of the rooks should provide an instant upgrade...Freeman is trash.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

NovaBuc

Starter

#26 : October 02, 2012, 04:40:53 PM

That's if there are big rainstorms the day of 3 more games and the opposing team has a QB who relies on sharp cutting and their starting RB is out that week.

Stewart is not the starting RB, Williams is. Stewart and Williams share the backfield, but Williams is the one in on the first play, ergo he's the starter. He's even listed that way on the depth chart. And Newton relies more on his freakish combination of size/speed than any agility/cutting ability.

Here's the link to the depth chart so you can see for yourself:

http://www.panthers.com/team/depth-chart.html

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 02, 2012, 05:00:24 PM

I am expecting the Bucs to pick between 15 and 18  when all of the dust settles. 

awitron

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 02, 2012, 05:17:39 PM

I see this team closing the season 6-6, leaving them at 7-9. That should put us in the 10-15 range.

Which high profile team captains are available this year? We all know thats who Dominik is going to draft.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 02, 2012, 05:19:53 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking 10-15 or so at this point myself.  Much like McCoy's ability to stay healthy though, time will tell.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Worse case 2012 scenario. Bucs finish last out of 32.. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools