Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How is this regime better than the two previous ones? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 14

alldaway

Hall of Famer

: October 02, 2012, 12:20:44 PM

This has not be answered yet, and we will not know till December.

But have the Glazers pulled the plug too quickly on Gru/Allen and Raheem regimes?  What if Gru/Allen had an off season to spend like Schiano had? What if Raheem hired a DC so  he could regain control of the locker room the following season?  We will never know, but the what ifs are clearly there.

Moving on, Schiano must find a way to clean up the sloppy play though.  Losing close games consistently is a sign of a bad team, so lets hope that trend does not continue with the next four games.  Stating the obvious, losing additional games in such a fashion shows they are in rebuilding mode regardless what Dom or Schiano try to sell. 

But other than avoiding (another) December collapse that doomed both Gru and Raheem, what does Schiano have to do from this point forward to feel confident that he has turned this team around?  Continued competitive play into December? More disciplined play?  All of the above?  Thoughts?

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : October 02, 2012, 12:36:26 PM

Raheem openly stated that he would not change his way of doing things. He was never going to be respected.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 02, 2012, 12:42:50 PM

Year four of the so-called rebuild.  We hire an 11 year big easy coach that couldn't even win it.  We follow that home run by hiring the worst dc in giants history and a guy who has never called plays before...this is what you are selling to me?  What a joke.   Year number four.  If we ditch josh and start over at qb...what then?   All of you trashing freeman are nuts.  We need that kid to pull it out or we're really screwed.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 02, 2012, 12:43:43 PM

Timing was fine for those couple of regime changes, Raheem lost control of the team and Gruden was not going to win anything without Kiffin calling the defense. Schiano is more like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole, run heavy ball control attack featuring a below average RB and without a great defense to keep the score close.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 02, 2012, 12:45:25 PM

We need  to pull that kid out or we're really screwed.

Now this makes sense^^^^

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 02, 2012, 12:45:31 PM

" All of you trashing freeman are nuts. We need that kid to pull it out or we're really screwed."

Do you really believe what some posters on a BB say is going to have any effect?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 02, 2012, 12:47:45 PM

" All of you trashing freeman are nuts. We need that kid to pull it out or we're really screwed."

Do you really believe what some posters on a BB say is going to have any effect?

If the BB posters had any input that the Glazers listened to, I think we would have 53 of the worst players in NFL history right now, because our salary cap would only allow us to pay guys 500,000 a year right now.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 02, 2012, 12:52:25 PM

I don't care about philosophy, I want wins.

We can talk about how much better the run d is, but honestly any team can pull off that number. It's easy really, just stack the box or blitz constantly, leaving your DB's on an island. Even if the DB's are bad, the line that is stacked will stop the run more effectively. However, without elite DB's the system won't work and they will get beat down in the backfield on passing downs. Honestly, it's not in anyway surprising what the run stat is, given the type of play calls being called.

While schiano faced a tough schedule in the beginning, he has no excuses. He had the luxury that raheem did not, and was able to bring in top their fa talent. So far, the team paid all that money out for ONE win. This team has talent that is better than that and they are misusing that talent at a mind-numbing level. I liked the idea of schiano being brought in, but now that I've seen a few games, and more particularly HOW they're losing them, I have no choice but to put schiano in the same level as raheem. A coach that can't get the best from his players and has play call miscues all the time.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Jonbuc

Second String

#8 : October 02, 2012, 12:53:36 PM

Shottenheimer, his son as OC and an old crony of Marty's at DC may have been better than the current 3 headed monster. Anomaly pretty much nailed it. Of course I'm bitter after Sunday's prick tease performance....
: October 02, 2012, 12:59:58 PM Jonbuc

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 02, 2012, 12:54:03 PM

None of us matter.  This is a message board.  The internet.  Cyber world.   Hopefully most of us have real lives outside of here. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#10 : October 02, 2012, 01:01:40 PM

How is this regime better than the two previous ones?

The first thing that pops into my head is getting rid of overhyped players.

Only than that, it's a little premature to make any declarative statements on the current regime.  Somethings I like, other things I don't -  but they should at least get one season under their belt before any conclusions are reached.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 02, 2012, 01:03:01 PM

None of us matter.  This is a message board.  The internet.  Cyber world.   Hopefully most of us have real lives outside of here.

There isn't a single person on this board or elsewhere, who is a Bucs fan, that wants Freeman to fail.  We all want him to do well.  We all want him to be a quality franchise QB.  The thing is, some of us don't think he will.  What we think is going to happen in the future has nothing to do with what we hope/root for now. 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 02, 2012, 01:06:44 PM

I think its still too early to compare the regime to the past 2. Ill answer this later.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 02, 2012, 01:06:51 PM

Year four of the so-called rebuild.  We hire an 11 year big easy coach that couldn't even win it.  We follow that home run by hiring the worst dc in giants history and a guy who has never called plays before...this is what you are selling to me?  What a joke.   Year number four.  If we ditch josh and start over at qb...what then?   All of you trashing freeman are nuts.  We need that kid to pull it out or we're really screwed.

+1

I know the NFL is a copy cat league, but the Glazers and Dominick are the worst copy cats in the NFL. In 2009 they wanted to be the next Pittsburgh Steelers, who won the Super Bowl in 2008, so they hired a young, African American coach who they thought could be the next Mike Tomlin. Next time around, they claim they want to be the next NY Giants because they had just won the Super Bowl, and so they hire a strict disciplinarian ala Tom Coughlin, and a bunch of Giants cast off assistants.

What they don't get is that you can't become a team by hiring someone who looks like the guy you are trying to copy. Stop coming up with some asinine vision and looking for someone who fits the mold, and actually look for someone who has their own vision. That's what they did when they hired Dungy. That's what they did when they hired Gruden. Why they decided to get away from that is a mystery to me.

What's crazy is that I think they were on to something when they courted Chip Kelly. I have no clue how you can look at Chip Kelly one minute, and then settle on someone like Greg Schiano when that falls through. You couldn't find two more unsimilar coaches. This tells me that they were pretty much clueless as to what they were trying to accomplish in this coaching search they dragged out, and perhaps the reason it dragged was because they were so clueless, not because they were being diligent.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#14 : October 02, 2012, 01:07:25 PM

" The thing is, some of us don't think he will."

And stating that belief isn't going to change the outcome. I've been saying for years that Freeman was just average. Inconsistent as hell, up and down from year to year and quarter to quarter, but overall - average. And at this point, this is not a team that can win with an average quarterback.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How is this regime better than the two previous ones? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools