Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How is this regime better than the two previous ones? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#195 : October 04, 2012, 04:21:14 PM

This team is lost........coaching stafff is lost..............owners are lost.........I'm lost.....

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#196 : October 04, 2012, 10:41:33 PM

This team is lost........coaching stafff is lost..............owners are lost...

Youve seem to have lost hope in everything. Take some **CENSORED**ing happy pills man. Before you do something stupid to yourself.

I don't know how the happy pills will interact with his daily sugar pills... That might be a bad idea.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#197 : October 05, 2012, 08:02:38 AM

Talent level of the team has been an issue for a long time.  Gruden was able to overacheive far more frequently than Raheem did with squads, but these two coaches have shown they can work with what they have....at times.  I think that is a reasonable hurdle for Schiano to show he can work with the talent on this current team.  Based on what I have seen I would have to guess that they are a 6-10 type of a team.  But as it has been pointed out they are on at theoretical pace of ending up 4-12 which I don't think is right based on the talent on this squad.

I think, upon further review, this team just isn't all that talented.
players that would start on MOST teams:

Vincent Jackson
Carl Nicks
Gerald McCoy

Players that would have a pretty good chance at starting on other NFL teams:

Bennett
Barron?
David?
Williams?
Talib?

That's about it for starting talent

1st i think you missed a few, but how about making such a list for other NFL teams.

You guys act as if a normal NFL team consists of 20 pro bowlers, and the elite teams have 30. Just look at the giants and pats, how many no names and average at best players they have, on OL, DB, RB ...

our 2002 team had so many holes, so much room for improvement, even on defense

I don't think schiano deserves a COTY award if he gets them to .500, nor do i see the need to fire him if it ends with 4,5 or 6 wins

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#198 : October 05, 2012, 08:48:18 AM

He said starters not pro bowlers

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#199 : October 05, 2012, 09:44:38 AM

1st indication of a young team - inconsistency.  - check.

This coaching staff has to grown into this thing too.

The level of talent in the top 20 or so teams is equal when all things are considered...   QB's are the real difference maker.   I think we have a shot with Freeman.

It will eventually come down to the players who are leaders - this season.

If I step back - I don't think there is any way in hell that Mr Ronde Barber would have come back for another season if he didn't believe in the Schiano way. He's a consumate pro, intelligent and
instinctual.   

That alone trumps everyone's opinion. I'll go with that...

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#200 : October 05, 2012, 10:14:47 AM

If I step back - I don't think there is any way in hell that Mr Ronde Barber would have come back for another season if he didn't believe in the Schiano way.

Kind of a reach, I think that his teammates, drive to play the game not to mention setting a record in the first game also played a part in that and not just that he bought into Schaino as a coach.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#201 : October 05, 2012, 05:11:46 PM

Or the few million he is getting paid.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#202 : October 05, 2012, 07:35:43 PM

I think he's aware of that. His point was that his list left off quite a number of players that would be good enough to start for most NFL teams, because most NFL teams have the same number of role players in starting positions as ours does. I'd submit that the majority of the starters on both sides of the ball on this team would be good enough to start for most NFL teams.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#203 : October 05, 2012, 07:44:35 PM

Crown our ass.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#204 : October 06, 2012, 09:54:11 AM

Gruden was the ultimate finisher. Give him something to work with and he could maximize it. The impatience thing with young talent was overblown; the inability to bring in young talent was not and that spelled his doom.
Under Dominik, Raheem brought in young talent. But he lacked the plan or discipline to maximize it. It's like Raheem did the things Gruden didn't, but didn't do MANY things Gruden did when he was successful (which any coach must do to succeed).
So this regime is better because it's blending the best of the two previous failures: it's got discipline, it's got a realistic plan, it's got young talent. What remains is to WEED OUT the studs and duds. Some are young talent; others are just young never-will-bes.
This requires some degree of patience, which many of the people who posted in this thread lack. IMHO we don't have the right franchise QB, which ALONE could sink this regime. We need more CB help, another LB, more pass rushers, Oline help too. But we're better than we were 10 months ago and I'm very confident that we can be a playoff team within a year or two.

In Verner We Trust

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#205 : October 06, 2012, 01:04:44 PM

I think he's aware of that. His point was that his list left off quite a number of players that would be good enough to start for most NFL teams, because most NFL teams have the same number of role players in starting positions as ours does. I'd submit that the majority of the starters on both sides of the ball on this team would be good enough to start for most NFL teams.

well, he said "pro bowlers"

and of course that's a "stone cold fact" ......

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#206 : October 06, 2012, 03:49:48 PM

You're misrepresenting his comment. Not surprising. Keep up trying to land those zingers though. It's pretty much all you do in these threads anyway. One day you might just get a good one in. One day.  :P

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#207 : October 06, 2012, 06:24:52 PM

Lost.......nobody has a clue that gets us some wins......you'll see.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#208 : October 06, 2012, 07:53:36 PM

You're misrepresenting his comment. Not surprising. Keep up trying to land those zingers though. It's pretty much all you do in these threads anyway. One day you might just get a good one in. One day.  :P

right, the guy said "pro bowlers",  nothing to misrepresent.   keep talking in circles it's all you've ever been good for .....

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#209 : October 07, 2012, 12:57:01 PM

BUT what did he MENT? or what did i?

A 'pro bowler' is player that plays at the pro bowl, something to accomplish by getting voted there. So we can talk about how this tells nothing about the players actual skill, and his ability to 'start' on almost any team.

But my understanding of 'to start on almost any team' is a 'pro bowler'. If you think this is wrong, i do not have any issues to use other words for what i'm trying to state: There is alot of talent on thihs team, while other teams, constintent winners (no clue why i put the giants on this list, lol), have just a many 'players to start on most teams' as we do beside all those (below ) average no namers.

Don't you think the ravens would have killed for a C Barth last year... you know, to get to the super bowl? Would the giants or pats have missed the SB, if they would have some of our RBs, OLs, or DBs?

Maybe Penn is over rated, not a top 5 LT, still a lot of team would like to have atleast a guy like him to protect their average QBs. Almost every fan in the NFL thinks his team has the worst OL, glorifying the other teams OLers, thinking just their team is plaged by rag dolls.

As said make a list for other teams, 'pro bowler' or 'players that would start on most teams' and see how much they are plagged by average players aswell.

How easy is it really to upgrade at LT, RDE or CB? how many are really better, for what prize and how many wins would this bring? Where is this raiders CB now? Too busy counting his rings?

Yeah A Rodger is elite, because K2 draw a flag for Off PI? Else how does his record look like? ...like romo's?

The almighty giants were 9-7 last year, right?  Remember the Cruz fumble vs ARZ? Where would coughlin be now? did they just went hot in the playoffs or do they underachieve year and year out?  Yeah,we are 20+ elite players away from what the giants do, atleast...
Page: 1 ... 12 13 14
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: How is this regime better than the two previous ones? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools