Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Restaurant shut down after roadkill found in kitchen « previous next »
Page: 1 2

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

« : October 03, 2012, 03:32:06 AM »

Customers at the Red Flower Chinese Restaurant in Williamsburg, Ky., alerted authorities after they spotted something they probably wish they hadn't: restaurant employees wheeling roadkill back to the kitchen.

Local CBS affiliate WYMT interviewed the witnesses. The roadkill was apparently a deer stuffed into a trash can. "There was actually a blood trail they were mopping up behind the garbage can," customer Katie Hopkins said. "There was like a tail, and like a foot and a leg sticking out of the garbage can, and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen."

Local health inspector Paul Lawson was called in to investigate. Lawson said the restaurant owners told him they didn't know they were doing anything wrong. "They said they didn't know they weren't allowed to do that. So that makes me concerned that maybe they could have before. They didn't admit to doing it before." The owner said he didn't plan to serve the deer to customers—instead he planned to use it to feed his family.

The restaurant has been temporarily shut down but will be eligible to reopen as soon as it passes another health inspection and proves it has been washed and sanitized.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/kentucky-restaurant-shut-down-roadkill-kitchen-160225525.html

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #1 : October 03, 2012, 04:09:03 AM »

I'd like some of that deer.   How much is a round trip ticket to Williamsburg?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #2 : October 03, 2012, 07:49:22 AM »

I'm only eating at PF Chang from now on.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #3 : October 03, 2012, 09:02:25 AM »

'Cause they only scavenge 'possums and cats?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #4 : October 03, 2012, 09:28:37 AM »

Because it's ran by a bunch of white MBAs.  Same reason the best Italian food comes from the Olive Garden and the best Mexican comes from Don Pablo's.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #5 : October 03, 2012, 10:08:10 AM »

When you say "best," do you possibly mean bland?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #6 : October 03, 2012, 10:11:46 AM »

All I know is if I had an uncle come over from italy I'm taking him to the Olive Garden on his first night in this country for good Italian food.  Did you know the bread sticks and salad are unlimited?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #7 : October 03, 2012, 10:20:37 AM »

Went to this authenic "north end Boston" Italian restaurant that opened about 15 minutes from my house a few weeks ago and there were  only 2 or 3 only other parties there.  http://www.florencesitalian.com/
At the Olive Garden there is always a 90 minute wait.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #8 : October 03, 2012, 10:41:01 AM »

Old people like to wait in line for bland food. It gives them a chance to talk about what happened on 'Matlock' and 'Murder She Wrote'.

If I went to Italia and someone tried to take me to an American restaurant, I would smack them in the face with my cane.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #9 : October 03, 2012, 10:48:19 AM »

Hard to beat Matlock.   Murder She Wrote?   No thanks.   My Mom loves both of them though.   She records every episode of both of them.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #10 : October 03, 2012, 10:55:52 AM »

http://www.florencesitalian.com/

That looks decent, I would give it a shot. Did you try the Fra Diavalo?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #11 : October 03, 2012, 10:57:52 AM »

If you want good Italian food, try Pizza Hut.   Love it!

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #12 : October 03, 2012, 10:59:42 AM »

Hard to beat Matlock.   Murder She Wrote?   No thanks.   My Mom loves both of them though.   She records every episode of both of them.
my parents like Walker Texas Ranger and Monk.  They used to be be fans of watching Night Court reruns while they played their daily game of Yatze as well.  Gotta let their hair down every now and then.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #13 : October 03, 2012, 11:45:34 AM »

Quote from: JavaRay
If you want good Italian food, try Pizza Hut.   Love it!
Lmao!

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

« #14 : October 03, 2012, 11:49:13 AM »

Pizza Hut has the worst crust in the business. Ironically, I used to go there at five in the morning to make the stuff for them. Job title: Dough Master.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Restaurant shut down after roadkill found in kitchen « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools