Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Overweight news anchor responds to man who called her fat « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 04, 2012, 01:05:38 PM

She looks like a  bucket of lard to me........

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 04, 2012, 03:51:25 PM

Obesity is an epidemic in our country. We can't push ourselves away from the dinner table and we love our fast food. Our health care system is being overwhelmed w/ these fat, obese slobs - and we're all paying for it.

Food is only part of the equation, and not necessarily the problem. The problem with this country is the lack of physical activity.

We are supposed to eat. We are supposed to exercise. But living a sedentary lifestyle is not what our bodies are designed for. Most of the population does not get 20 mins of cardio exercise 3 times a week. And that's more troubling to the body than overeating.

So the government banning fast foods or banning large cokes is not really going to solve the problem.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 04, 2012, 03:54:50 PM

Obesity is an epidemic in our country. We can't push ourselves away from the dinner table and we love our fast food. Our health care system is being overwhelmed w/ these fat, obese slobs - and we're all paying for it.

Food is only part of the equation, and not necessarily the problem. The problem with this country is the lack of physical activity.

We are supposed to eat. We are supposed to exercise. But living a sedentary lifestyle is not what our bodies are designed for. Most of the population does not get 20 mins of cardio exercise 3 times a week. And that's more troubling to the body than overeating.

So the government banning fast foods or banning large cokes is not really going to solve the problem.

Absolutely agree. When a person is trying to lose wieght...diet is only a small part of the process....exercise is the most important part of the equation.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 04, 2012, 05:40:51 PM

While I think the email was absurd, I think her choosing to address it on air is beneath her, and beneath the integrity of her news outlet. But damned if it wasn't a brilliant marketing tool for her and her station. On a side note, her older brother starred in one of my all time favorite movies...

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 04, 2012, 06:49:31 PM

since her brother appears to be of normal weight, it's now even more obvious that she's an overfeeding cow with no self-discipline and her obesity can't be completely blamed on genetics
post your weight and height Morgan

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#20 : October 04, 2012, 06:50:59 PM

Our health care system is being overwhelmed w/ these fat, obese slobs
link?
(Please learn how to use the internet to your benefit rather than asking others to do something even a 7-yr old knows how to do).

"We Americans are a very overweight and unhealthy nation and as a nation we spend $2.6 trillion on healthcare (annually). Those costs are the primary driver of our nations' debt," said Glickman, adding that the current level of healthcare spending will "bankrupt our country."

http://www.healthcarefinancenews.com/news/obesity-epidemic-threatens-bankrupt-nation
your link needs a link

Again, please learn to use the internet.

Obesity imposes an increasing burden on the health care system, and that burden grows disproportionately large for the most obese segment of the U.S. population. Because the prevalence of severe obesity is increasing much faster than that of moderate obesity, average estimates of obesity effects obscure real consequences for individuals, physician practices, hospitals, and health plans. Obesity Research (2004) 12, 19361943; doi: 10.1038/oby.2004.243

http://www.nature.com/oby/index.html
hey I'm not the one claiming our health care system is being overwhelmed by fat ppl so no, I wont go fishing for reports that back up your paranoia

I believe smokers are the ones who put the biggest burden on the health care system.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 04, 2012, 06:59:11 PM

Volume turned up to 11.
Enjoy. ;)

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 04, 2012, 07:01:42 PM

A little extra weight would never look no nicer on nobody else but you.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 04, 2012, 07:26:36 PM

I don't mind the extra weight  as long as it's a two girl minimum.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 05, 2012, 07:33:27 PM

Absolutely agree. When a person is trying to lose wieght...diet is only a small part of the process....exercise is the most important part of the equation.

disagree completely.  diet is most important imo.  people overrate exercise.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

-ts

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 05, 2012, 08:43:41 PM

You've been a drunk man's weekend finale? That's messed up.
LMAO

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 06, 2012, 02:31:21 AM

gone

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 07, 2012, 01:35:40 AM

http://www.amazon.com/Why-We-Get-Fat-About/dp/0307272702

physical activity is part weight loss/gain it but only a small part (although there a many reasons to exercise besides weight).  Studies are starting to show we aren't actually much less active than we used to be as adults at least.  That lady is mos def a tub.  It was a lame publicity stunt to put that email on.  No respect for her at all. 

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 07, 2012, 08:20:52 AM

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 07, 2012, 09:39:09 AM

disagree completely.  diet is most important imo.  people overrate exercise.

Not true. I know of very few fat people who have regular cardio activity.

And when they do start running(or whatever activity) they start losing weight FAST..

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Overweight news anchor responds to man who called her fat « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools