Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Inside the NFL : Full Interview: NFL Replacement Referees Speak Out - SHOWTIME « previous next »
Page: 1

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« : October 04, 2012, 02:47:18 PM »

Interesting discussion - and a slam on Coach S @ 5:45 (not much respect "he's college").

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WFWb0kTqruU

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #1 : October 04, 2012, 03:24:06 PM »

Comment about unwritten rule about looking the other way "every man for himself" regarding Hail Mary and pass interference also eye-opening.

Cutler story kind of funny.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #2 : October 04, 2012, 03:45:44 PM »

"he's college" says the ex-LFL ref.

I'm sure Schiano was wearing him out, no doubt about it. Yeah I agree though, Schiano is trying way to hard to help his team. He should just forget about a questionable call going against.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #3 : October 04, 2012, 04:04:35 PM »

I would have like Collinsworth and JB to follow-up to find exactly what he meant by "college" - there are some really great college coaches? Was he slamming them for being unprofessional? Or was he saying Schiano didn't know what he was doing? Or he was on their backs all game long when he shouldn't have been.....etc etc.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #4 : October 04, 2012, 08:16:14 PM »

"he's college" says the ex-LFL ref.

I'm sure Schiano was wearing him out, no doubt about it. Yeah I agree though, Schiano is trying way to hard to help his team. He should just forget about a questionable call going against.

he only did the show because WDAE is the flagship network. I have the feeling he hates Deumig as much as many here do.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #5 : October 04, 2012, 08:28:57 PM »

Like those replacement refs should be calling ANYONE out.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #6 : October 04, 2012, 08:37:38 PM »

Too bad Gruden wasn't around to break in those replacement refs.....*devilish laugh*.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #7 : October 04, 2012, 08:54:29 PM »

I didn't see the 2nd and 3rd games. But it seems to me, from watching Coach S, I never saw him try to intimidate the refs at any time.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #8 : October 04, 2012, 08:57:59 PM »

I didn't see the 2nd and 3rd games. But it seems to me, from watching Coach S, I never saw him try to intimidate the refs at any time.

No, I think it was when he tried sliding a Benjamin in the ref's pocket on a replay challenge. That always worked at Rutgers.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #9 : October 05, 2012, 08:22:40 AM »

Schiano Needs To “Better Understand The NFL?”
October 4th, 2012

Sports Illustrated scribe Jim Trotter talked all things NFL today on the Gary and The Commish show on 98.7 FM and went out of his way to back up the recent Yahoo! hit piece on Greg Schiano by Michael Silver.

Trotter said he knew that general managers and coaches were talking about Schiano’s heavy-handed ways long before he was in the mix for the Bucs job. 

And Trotter suggested Schiano might get help next season by possibly hiring new NFL assistants “who can help him better understand the NFL game.” Trotter said Cardinals QB coach John McNulty could be an example. (It was reported early this year that Schiano wanted to pursue McNulty to be his offensive coordinator but was denied by Arizona.)

Overall, it was worthwhile interview. You can check it out below

http://www.joebucsfan.com/?powerpress_pinw=75007-podcast

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #10 : October 07, 2012, 06:26:10 AM »

Those replacement refs did a damn good job given the circumstances.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
« #11 : October 07, 2012, 06:37:39 AM »

Can't argue w/ that.   And after watching the Bucs-Skins, I was ready for them to return. Hate the scabs, but the real refs made some really bad calls (roughing on Barron).

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

« #12 : October 07, 2012, 03:37:59 PM »

McCarthy is a class act.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Inside the NFL : Full Interview: NFL Replacement Referees Speak Out - SHOWTIME « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools