Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Perspective on current state of the franchise « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 05, 2012, 03:38:15 PM

Freeman isn't going anywhere this year or next year. The offense in week eight and twelve and seventeen needs to look better than in week four, though, for the fans to feel comfortable with him as the long term solution. The offense as a whole, Freeman included, is clearly a work in progress.

Agree about this year....and I expect to have a top 15 pick because of it. If he continues to play bad and isn't replaced in the offseason...then we are setting out the welcome mat for another season of double-digit losses.

Freeman is a work in regress. Has been since 2010 ended.

Hey you know what. If thats the case then you got yourself set up for a QB next year. The Colts got their QB by being a crappy team. Maybe thats the way to getting a QB these days. I say if Freeman is the ticket to getting a great QB. Go for it. Let 5 play!!

Lol...I'm not down for tanking a whole season to get a better player in the following draft. Andy Dalton showed that a 2nd rd rookie QB can come right in a lead a team to the playoffs. If the overall personnel is improved again...there are QBs in this coming draft that have the ability to have an impact that Dalton had with the Bengals. I think the QB talent, after Barkley and Smith, will end up being a lot better than what people think.
: October 05, 2012, 03:42:28 PM chace1986

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 05, 2012, 03:47:10 PM

Freeman isn't going anywhere this year or next year. The offense in week eight and twelve and seventeen needs to look better than in week four, though, for the fans to feel comfortable with him as the long term solution. The offense as a whole, Freeman included, is clearly a work in progress.

Agree about this year....and I expect to have a top 15 pick because of it. If he continues to play bad and isn't replaced in the offseason...then we are setting out the welcome mat for another season of double-digit losses.

Freeman is a work in regress. Has been since 2010 ended.

Hey you know what. If thats the case then you got yourself set up for a QB next year. The Colts got their QB by being a crappy team. Maybe thats the way to getting a QB these days. I say if Freeman is the ticket to getting a great QB. Go for it. Let 5 play!!

Lol...I'm not down for tanking a whole season to get a better player in the following draft. Andy Dalton showed that a 2nd rd rookie QB can come right in a lead a team to the playoffs. If the overall personnel is improved again...there are QBs in this coming draft that have the ability to have an impact that Dalton had with the Bengals. I think the QB talent, after Barkley and Smith, will end up being a lot better than what people think.

lol was joking.... sort of. No I dont like losing games either. Its just real hard to find QBs in this league. Hopefully we find one soon. The sooner the better! Thats why Im hopeful for Freeman. I want him to be the guy. I dont want to have to look for one. Once you pick one your kind of stuck with him until he shows you that he doesnt belong. Its a whole other process that Im not ready to start again.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 05, 2012, 04:11:42 PM

I think everyone would have liked for Freeman and the offense to be better up to this point, but I think expectations are also a bit unreasonable. It was unlikely that a young QB with a first time OC in a new offense wouldn't have some struggles.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 05, 2012, 04:14:47 PM

I think everyone would have liked for Freeman and the offense to be better up to this point, but I think expectations are also a bit unreasonable. It was unlikely that a young QB with a first time OC in a new offense wouldn't have some struggles.

Nonsense! They need to be consistent now. Not later now....

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 05, 2012, 05:04:13 PM

The state of the franchise?  We are stuck with a bush league coach for a few years and stuck with a bush league QB for 1-2 more years.  Prediction:  5-11.  Oh and our GM is a buffoon.
: October 05, 2012, 05:08:09 PM Skull and Bones

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 05, 2012, 05:15:51 PM

I am willing to bet I am more right than the kool aid drinkers.  I just don't see this team being in good shape to compete this year or the next few.  The real problem is the Glazer boys thinking they should be involved.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#21 : October 05, 2012, 05:29:31 PM

Don't like to agree with things the usual trolls say, but building through the draft and now going out and spending a lot of money in free agency so that the team should compete and then handing the team off to a rookie college coach doesn't make too much sense.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 05, 2012, 05:41:53 PM

I am willing to bet I am more right than the kool aid drinkers.  I just don't see this team being in good shape to compete this year or the next few.  The real problem is the Glazer boys thinking they should be involved.

I'm willing to bet this team wins more than 5 games. Since you feel so strongly about it. If they go 5-10 or worse I won't post here for a year. If they win 6 games or more you don't post for a year. Deal? Why not.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 05, 2012, 05:57:30 PM

C'mon spoolz.

The "young QB" or "first yr in a new offense" argument in favor of Freeman is letting him off the hook. His mechanical problems have nothing to do with the offensive playcalling. His forcing balls and inability to read defenses consistently have nothing to do with the offensive playcalling. The fact is, rookies, 2nd yr and 3yr players all look better than Freeman has in the last year +.

Im not expecting Freeman to light it up and put up Brees-like numbers....I just don't want him to look like a bad rookie QB, who has no clue WTF he is doing....which is what he has looked like for the majority of his 44 starts with this team.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#24 : October 05, 2012, 06:04:45 PM

But he is a young QB and he is in the first year of a new offense, first four games in fact, and the OC is an OC for the first time. And he was voted one of the top 100 players in the NFL by the other players after 2010. And he has played well this season in spurts. He hasn't played well enough to lead the team to wins consistently but it's misleading to say that he has been ineffective for his entire career and I think it's unrealistic to not expect growing pains this year. If he and the offense aren't continuously improving throughout the season, the coaches and Dominik will likely start thinking about an alternative plan going forward, but it won't be in 2013.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 05, 2012, 06:32:38 PM

I'm willing to bet this team wins more than 5 games. Since you feel so strongly about it. If they go 5-10 or worse I won't post here for a year. If they win 6 games or more you don't post for a year. Deal? Why not.
lol.  So you consider 6-10 to be a successful season?  How about more fair odds.  If the bucs win 7 or more I don't post here for a year and 6 or less you don't?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 05, 2012, 06:39:38 PM

But he is a young QB and he is in the first year of a new offense, first four games in fact, and the OC is an OC for the first time. And he was voted one of the top 100 players in the NFL by the other players after 2010. And he has played well this season in spurts. He hasn't played well enough to lead the team to wins consistently but it's misleading to say that he has been ineffective for his entire career and I think it's unrealistic to not expect growing pains this year. If he and the offense aren't continuously improving throughout the season, the coaches and Dominik will likely start thinking about an alternative plan going forward, but it won't be in 2013.

44 starts. 7 of them, he played well in 4 qtrs. His very first start vs. Green Bay('09), @ Arizona('10), Carolina @ home('10), @ San Fran('10), Seattle @ home ('10), @ New Orleans('10), and New Orleans @ home ('11).
We look at 2010 stats, and they are really really good...but what they don't tell you is how bad Josh was early on in a lot of those games. Cleveland, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, first NO game, STL, Baltimore, half of the first ATL game, and choked at the end of the second ATL game, Washington and Detroit. Overall, Freeman looked just average in all of those games. He was able to cover most of them up with a W, which was great....but him the type of ball he played in 2010 won't get this team to where it needs to be....and he doesn't even look as good as 2010 Josh.

NFL game rewind. You can go back and watch every single Josh Freeman start. Some of the game vids have a "josh freeman-exposed", sub-heading....kidding
: October 05, 2012, 06:41:11 PM chace1986

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 05, 2012, 06:40:59 PM

Or tell you what since I could be off by one game on my prediction 5 wins or less you take a year off and 7 or more I take it off.  6 would be a tie.  Nobody wins or loses.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 05, 2012, 07:02:43 PM

Or tell you what since I could be off by one game on my prediction 5 wins or less you take a year off and 7 or more I take it off.  6 would be a tie.  Nobody wins or loses.

That's fair. Deal.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 05, 2012, 07:06:29 PM

That's fair. Deal.

It's on!!

chace1986: witness no. 1

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Perspective on current state of the franchise « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools