Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LYNCH, SAPP AMONG NINE BUCS IN HOF CONSIDERATION « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : January 11, 2013, 12:56:36 PM

Don't think Lynch gets in. I think Sapp is a lock and Strahan, Ogden and Allen are as well.

Good call on Lynch. I always cringe when Di-ck Stockton always introduces John Lynch as future HoFer.  Presumptive thinking there, Di-ck.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 11, 2013, 02:16:55 PM

McDaniel and Young only played a couple of years here...that's why they will never be in the Bucs' Ring of Honor. Young may have been the most talented QB ever to put on a Bucs uniform...but he didn't play here long. Shoot...otherwise, we might as well put Bo Jackson in the Ring of Honor as the best RB to ever be a Buc...lol.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 11, 2013, 02:17:50 PM

Don't think Lynch gets in. I think Sapp is a lock and Strahan, Ogden and Allen are as well.

Di-ck Stockton always introduces John Lynch as future HoFer.

That's because he knows football.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 11, 2013, 02:20:49 PM

Alstott should also be in the HOF.    He's the best white running back in the last 20 years.   Any player who was the best at his position in the last 20 years should be in the HOF.

White running back is a now a position? Plus, if you want to evaluate him as a RB he's a terrible running back...then again he's not much of a fullback either.

He was at a genetic disadvantage but still was great.    He redefined that position as well at the time as a running fullback.   That is deserving of the HOF.
What a tool.. So I guess Jason Seahorn should go in the HOF too then?

Tampa-Two

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 11, 2013, 02:30:47 PM

Alstott should also be in the HOF.    He's the best white running back in the last 20 years.   Any player who was the best at his position in the last 20 years should be in the HOF.

White running back is a now a position? Plus, if you want to evaluate him as a RB he's a terrible running back...then again he's not much of a fullback either.

He was at a genetic disadvantage but still was great.    He redefined that position as well at the time as a running fullback.   That is deserving of the HOF.
What a tool.. So I guess Jason Seahorn should go in the HOF too then?
Or all black football players before 1946?

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 11, 2013, 02:42:44 PM

Jason Seahorn should go in the HOF too

That is correct.     Even though he was genetically challenged, he overcame the odds and became a great player.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 11, 2013, 02:46:28 PM

Brooks, Sapp, Rice and Barber are the Bucs I think should be in the HOF. Barber is the one I'm the least sold on as a HOF player, but I think he's earned it with his longevity.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 11, 2013, 02:49:08 PM

Jason Seahorn should go in the HOF too

That is correct.     Even though he was genetically challenged, he overcame the odds and became a great player.
What was his genetic challenge?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 11, 2013, 02:53:03 PM

I think they should both go. Such difference makers for this team for so long.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 11, 2013, 02:58:23 PM

How many white corners are there in the NFL?    Do you think all white men are just lazy so they don't work hard enough to make it to the Pro level or do you think there may be some kind of genetic reason there are no white corners?    If you can't figure that out, that's sad.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 11, 2013, 03:02:24 PM

Back in the day I thought Alstott was a hall of famer, but then I realized how other people around the league viewed him, and what the role of fullbacks were previous to the 1990s.

No one out of Tampa thinks that Alstott is a hall of famer. He won't ever even be one of the 15 semi finalists.

Here's how I see it.

Brooks 100% chance of getting in first ballot.
Sapp 95% chance of getting in on a later ballot (may be denied this year because he's an idiot off the field)
Barber 90% chance of getting in on a later ballot
Lynch 80% chance of getting in on a later ballot
Rice 10% chance of getting in during a very weak year
Alstott 0% chance of getting in

There's really no one else worth talking about. I thought that Hardy Nickerson would at least get some consideration, but he hasn't, so he has 0% chance of getting in.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 11, 2013, 03:03:44 PM

How many white corners are there in the NFL?    Do you think all white men are just lazy so they don't work hard enough to make it to the Pro level or do you think there may be some kind of genetic reason there are no white corners?    If you can't figure that out, that's sad.

There's no shortage of good white athletes. It's just that most of them get converted to wide receiver.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 11, 2013, 03:06:15 PM

I think Sapp will get in this year regardless of his act off the field. He was so dominant on the field.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 15, 2013, 10:25:36 AM

Ira Kaufman, the Trib writer who endorsed Sapp to the Hall of Fame voters, was concerned that because Sapp was a royal azz to writers, they'd take that into consideration in their voting.

Chief Joseph

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 15, 2013, 10:47:47 AM

"White runningback is now a position?"

Apparently affirmative action is no longer the racist program it used to be.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LYNCH, SAPP AMONG NINE BUCS IN HOF CONSIDERATION « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools