Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Be very careful when it comes to posting on social media « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: October 07, 2012, 01:19:51 AM

It appears that Michael Vick is a dog owner again

.By Doug Farrar | Shutdown Corner 8 hours ago.. .

Milk-Bones on the top right. (Crossing Broad, via @MikeVick)

Public figures, especially public figures who have been involved in self-starting public relations nightmares throughout their careers, should keep one thought above all: Be very careful when it comes to posting on social media. Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick, who served nearly two years in federal prison for his role in the Bad Newz Kennels dogfighting ring, is about to find that out.

Recently, Vick tweeted out a seemingly innocuous picture from his kitchen table -- he was studying plays on his iPad, and his daughter was doing her homework. Nothing fishy there. However, what will undoubtedly gain notice is the box of doggie treats on the table (seen above). Vick quickly deleted the tweet and posted a new picture (seen below).

Similar shot, but no Milk-Bones. (Both photos courtesy of the Crossing Broad website).

Per the conditions of his probation, which ended in July, Vick was not allowed to own a dog, but there are no known legal restrictions on him doing so now. And if he does own a dog again, it's too bad that he didn't make a public statement about it. For most people, that wouldn't be a big deal, but given Vick's past, why not come out and say that he wants to own a dog, and he's going to do it right this time?

"I haven't got one," Vick told CNN's Piers Morgan during a July interview touting his autobiography, Finally Free. "Being honest and being candid, I still deal with my kids every day, and for the last three years, not being able to have a dog because of my acts, I just don't think that's fair. There may be something that's therapeutic for them. And I can't take that dream away from them; that's selfish on my behalf. I've got to find a way to make it right, and I put everything in God's hands to make it right."

"I would let them pick it out," Vick said, when Morgan asked what kind of dog he might get for his kids. "It certainly wouldn't be a pit bull."

Well, that's understandable, but again -- given Vick's status as the face of animal abuse to so many, and the face of personal redemption to an equal or greater number of people, why hide it if he bought a dog for his kids? Wouldn't it be more helpful, and bring more awareness to the prevention of animal abuse and the need to help animals who have been abused, if Vick gave himself the responsibility of being the man who put that out there?

Of course, there may be nothing to this -- perhaps Vick's daughter was using the Milk-Bones for a school project. I have no clue what teachers want kids to glue to paper these days. But if it is what it seems to be, there's nothing for Michael Vick to hide. He wants his kids to enjoy growing up with a dog, he has every legal right to do so, and the only problem would seem to be the possible need to hide the fact that his family now has one.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 07, 2012, 01:29:27 AM

He has paid his debt. His probation is over. He should not have to make a statement, and should not have to explain himself. This is dumb that this is even making headlines. We are a nearly 1/3 of the way into the season...back to football please.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 07, 2012, 12:58:40 PM

I wish Freeman would play more like Vick TBH.   I think the dude needs to tuck an run more.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 07, 2012, 01:07:53 PM

I'd like Freeman to run a bit more too. Not like Vick though. His play will not allow him to play 16 games.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Hate

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 07, 2012, 02:02:03 PM

He has paid his debt. His probation is over. He should not have to make a statement, and should not have to explain himself. This is dumb that this is even making headlines. We are a nearly 1/3 of the way into the season...back to football please.

Agreed

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 07, 2012, 05:41:07 PM

Legal or illegal is one thing, but I think he's also concerned of the public perception and possible kickback as a result.

He and his agent would rather the whole dog murdering thing just fade into the sunset. This doesn't help

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 07, 2012, 05:44:02 PM

I'd like Freeman to run a bit more too. Not like Vick though. His play will not allow him to play 16 games.

I like his game.  He is a threat to run anytime and showed a pretty good arm today.  If he just could of held onto the pigskin better.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#7 : October 07, 2012, 05:51:27 PM

Be very careful when it comes to posting on social media

Yeah. Tell that to Ahmad Black before he tweets disrespectful comments toward the Buc faithful.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 07, 2012, 06:02:51 PM

I like his game.  He is a threat to run anytime and showed a pretty good arm today.  If he just could of held onto the pigskin better.

Not a lot of explanation fo those fumbles, either. He was just giving it up.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#9 : October 07, 2012, 06:06:32 PM

It's just not fair that Vick has to live with the reputation he created.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 07, 2012, 07:45:10 PM

Agreed

Sure the legal thing is over but to me its borderline sociopathic to let someone who ran a dogfighting organization and electrectued dogs by their testicles own a dog again... At very least he needs to address it.

This guy...

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#11 : October 07, 2012, 08:00:21 PM

It's just not fair that Vick has to live with the reputation he created.

It absolutely IS fair. My dogs and I cheer every time he screws up in a game. He's the only player in the entire league I enjoy seeing get injured. Last year (after a speech at a local HS) he felt the need in an interview to mention he had killed dogs with his bare hands. He was bragging about his strength. He is human garbage and it reflects badly on the franchise and the city that they accept him. I used to respect Andy Reid. Not any more.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 07, 2012, 08:02:45 PM

Sure the legal thing is over but to me its borderline sociopathic to let someone who ran a dogfighting organization and electrectued dogs by their testicles own a dog again... At very least he needs to address it.

LMAO..... to who, you? What would you like him to say?

"To all the dog lovers out there, i have a dog.... and i will love him, pet him, and feed him daily."

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#13 : October 07, 2012, 08:15:24 PM

LMAO..... to who, you? What would you like him to say?

"To all the dog lovers out there, i have a dog.... and i will love him, pet him, and feed him daily."
I don't think he has to address his actions to anyone - nor does anyone have to forgive him for his actions - from killing dogs, to fighting dogs, to betting on dog fights, to interstate gambling and organized illegal gambling ring - none of it.  Nor would anyone in their right mind think all is fine with Vick. 

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

gone

Hall of Famer
#14 : October 07, 2012, 08:17:55 PM

Maybe we should let those pedophiles adopt kids after they get out of jail.  I mean, they "Paid their debt" too, didn't they?

This isn't a legal issue, it's a moral issue.  Sad that legal' and illegal seem to have replaced right and wrong in so many people's eyes.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Be very careful when it comes to posting on social media « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools