Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In hindsight, who should we have chosen with the Doug Martin pick? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 07, 2012, 03:13:57 PM

Seems the entire NFL missed on Alfred. He appears to be a very good RB. All ya can do is tip your hat to Shanahan for finding him. First, Terrel Davis, then Morris; Wow :o

Knucknbuc

Pro Bowler

#16 : October 07, 2012, 03:15:26 PM

shoestring martin was a great pick.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#17 : October 07, 2012, 03:16:48 PM

A. Morris does look impressive but there is nothing wrong with Martin.

Except the fact that he is freakishly small ....

If size matters that much this guy sucks and shouldn't be in the NFL.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#18 : October 07, 2012, 03:38:02 PM

poor comparison

-------------------------------------------------------

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 07, 2012, 03:40:18 PM

Martin isn't even small. He's a pretty huge guy. Being 5'8" to 5'10" is ideal for a RB when they have that much muscle.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 07, 2012, 03:58:37 PM

Martin isn't even small. He's a pretty huge guy. Being 5'8" to 5'10" is ideal for a RB when they have that much muscle.

Agreed... but he goes down like he's Dexter McCluster

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#21 : October 07, 2012, 04:49:34 PM

Lol. You crazy hate. I expect spastic over reaction from some on these boards, but you're better than that man!

Draft Aaron Donald

Hate

Hall of Famer
#22 : October 07, 2012, 04:51:27 PM

Lol. You crazy hate. I expect spastic over reaction from some on these boards, but you're better than that man!

Spastic overreaction?

Just calling it how i see it, bro. Do u not agree that he goes down at the first touching?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 07, 2012, 05:13:13 PM

i think being a rookie martin is overemphasizing ball security.  over time he'll find a combination of getting everything he can and protecting the ball.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 07, 2012, 05:17:29 PM

Agreed... but he goes down like he's Dexter McCluster

He sure does and that is why Martin should have backed up Blount.

DeadmenTNT

Starter
#25 : October 07, 2012, 05:47:13 PM

I'm a bit surprised at the board falling for the Shanahan Shuffle. This is what he does. He takes ordinary guys and they gain oodles of yards running in his offense. Then when those guys go elsewhere, pfft, just like that they disappear.

Just in today's game, the announcers were gushing about Morris "never going down" on first contact. So I watched, and the next 5 runs when he had to beat one unblocked guy, down he went everytime.

As far as size goes, the two guys are identical. Martin was one inch shorter and 4 pounds heavier than Morris at the combine.

Doctor StrangeJosh or How I Stopped Caring About Completion Pct and Learned to Love the Bomb - J C DeLatorre

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 07, 2012, 06:06:04 PM

Man, I just don't see the easy to go down criticism at all. I see a guy that isn't getting great blocking and might not be hitting the correct holes, but he doesn't look like he goes down easily at all.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 07, 2012, 06:08:12 PM

Man, I just don't see the easy to go down criticism at all. I see a guy that isn't getting great blocking and might not be hitting the correct holes, but he doesn't look like he goes down easily at all.

Plus we've played some solid run defenses. I expect him to get better as the offense gets more comfortable with each other and we also need to get Blount involved.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 07, 2012, 06:33:02 PM

It's not too early to complain about Martin. RBs require the least amount of time to develop. RBs drafted in the first round should at least average a 4.0 ypc regardless of the oline or system.

So are you saying that Trent Richardson is also a bust because he is only averaging 3.5 ypc?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 07, 2012, 06:37:19 PM

I don't think to this point we've gotten round 1 production, regardless of how many excuses are made for the guy. Admittedly, i love the pick but all i care about are results. The guy's longest run is 17 yds.... THAT, my friends, is inexcusable!! RB is the easiest position to have early success and every sunday, i see guys run where holes don't exist, then they bounce to daylight and make shlt happen.

If he's gonna be THE guy, he needs to step the f*ck up!!

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In hindsight, who should we have chosen with the Doug Martin pick? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools