Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In hindsight, who should we have chosen with the Doug Martin pick? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 07, 2012, 06:43:31 PM

It's not too early to complain about Martin. RBs require the least amount of time to develop. RBs drafted in the first round should at least average a 4.0 ypc regardless of the oline or system.

So are you saying that Trent Richardson is also a bust because he is only averaging 3.5 ypc?

yes

I mean he does have slightly better production, but he was taken top 5

When you think about it, he's a bigger bust.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 07, 2012, 06:45:01 PM

It's not too early to complain about Martin. RBs require the least amount of time to develop. RBs drafted in the first round should at least average a 4.0 ypc regardless of the oline or system.

So are you saying that Trent Richardson is also a bust because he is only averaging 3.5 ypc?

yes

I'm sure last week you were saying the Colts should have taken RG3 instead of Luck too.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 07, 2012, 06:46:29 PM

yes

I'm sure last week you were saying the Colts should have taken RG3 instead of Luck too.

Those are different positions. QBs are notorious for taking years to develop.

RBs are interchangeable and should show off their running ability from the first few games.

Things like blocking and pass catching do take some time to develop if they're not there already.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 07, 2012, 06:55:22 PM

It's not only about the stats even. It's the fact that he doesn't look like he's a natural runner.

Honestly I do think that he's going to end up being a much better player by the end of the season in terms of stats, but still, is he going to be worth a first round draft pick? With the amount of holes on this team, can you really justify it?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 07, 2012, 07:04:25 PM

Assume that we pick up Alfred Morris in the 6th, who would you have picked instead of Doug Martin?

What's wrong with that opinion? Alfred Morris has outplayed Doug Martin and he was drafted 5 rounds lower. It's just a fun thread to see who people would have picked instead.

Haha, Yeah . . .right

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 07, 2012, 07:22:44 PM

I am actually interested in seeing who people would rather have picked in hindsight based on what we need right now.

I don't really see any obvious picks.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#36 : October 07, 2012, 07:28:03 PM

David was who i wanted us to take.... didn't think it'd play out like it did with us getting Martin and him.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 07, 2012, 07:42:33 PM

Martin isn't even small. He's a pretty huge guy. Being 5'8" to 5'10" is ideal for a RB when they have that much muscle.

Agreed... but he goes down like he's Dexter McCluster

He sure does and that is why Martin should have backed up Blount.

Does he really have that much muscle ?? For the Mountain West conference maybe . Compared to the rest of the players in the NFL , he looks like Frodo Baggins ...

Call me when this guy proves he can shed an arm tackle....
: October 07, 2012, 07:44:46 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 07, 2012, 07:49:55 PM

I'd kind of like to have Zeitler

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 07, 2012, 07:55:58 PM

My bad.  He went a few picks before Martin.  Then how about Fleener.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 07, 2012, 08:25:23 PM

lol@this thread.

Ms Elam

Starter

#41 : October 07, 2012, 08:42:43 PM

Man, I just don't see the easy to go down criticism at all. I see a guy that isn't getting great blocking and might not be hitting the correct holes, but he doesn't look like he goes down easily at all.
Well the rest of us have been watching Blount create big plays with an even worse line the past 2 years. Schiano crowned this guy before he earned anything. Pointy blank period.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 07, 2012, 08:45:18 PM

In hindsight, who should we have chosen with the Doug Martin pick?

I would have not traded back up into the 1st round, kept the 4th we picked up from trading down for Barron, used our second for David and used our 3rd for Russell Wilson. I would have kept Blount as the feature back. We use DJ Ware as the 3rd down back anyway even with Martin on the team.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 07, 2012, 09:08:46 PM

Assuming we know for a fact we can get Alfred Morris. I would have taken Cordy Glenn and start him at RT. Joseph goes down we move him to the RG spot and keep it moving.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 07, 2012, 09:39:09 PM

Man, I just don't see the easy to go down criticism at all. I see a guy that isn't getting great blocking and might not be hitting the correct holes, but he doesn't look like he goes down easily at all.
Well the rest of us have been watching Blount create big plays with an even worse line the past 2 years. Schiano crowned this guy before he earned anything. Pointy blank period.

I'm just going to assume you think I think Martin should be playing instead of Blount. I'd like to see a more equitable split of the carries, but I think when you have a playmaker like Blount that clearly pumps up the team when he breaks off a good run, you need to get him carries and let Martin complement him.

That said, I don't think Martin goes down easily. I think he's a tough tackle. I just think he's having a hard time getting holes, whether it's due to blocking or making the wrong read.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In hindsight, who should we have chosen with the Doug Martin pick? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools