Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In hindsight, who should we have chosen with the Doug Martin pick? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#75 : October 08, 2012, 09:04:46 PM

I would have taken Cordy Glenn and start him at RT.

this might have been the ultimate BPA pick.  dominik would have been roasted for it, but id have loved it.

really? For attempting to build a decent Oline? So, the fans are happier with UDFA and throwaway players?

Personally, I would like Dominik to draft Oline every other pick until we get better depth and starting. Our Olne sucks!!! and it has for years.

This is Dominik's biggest downfall. Not drafting Oline. Go back to 2010 and see Jon Asamoah, a freaking stud. We drafted Price before him, we traded a 2nd and 5th to pick Benn before him, and then picked Myron freaking Lewis before him. WTF?

A couple of RT 5th rounders we missed on recently are Zebrie Sanders, Marshall Newhouse.  These players can be had in the larter rounds rather than Najee Goode? Another mediocre LB/Special teamer....trash.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#76 : October 08, 2012, 09:19:18 PM

really? For attempting to build a decent Oline? So, the fans are happier with UDFA and throwaway players?

Personally, I would like Dominik to draft Oline every other pick until we get better depth and starting. Our Olne sucks!!! and it has for years.

This is Dominik's biggest downfall. Not drafting Oline. Go back to 2010 and see Jon Asamoah, a freaking stud. We drafted Price before him, we traded a 2nd and 5th to pick Benn before him, and then picked Myron freaking Lewis before him. WTF?

A couple of RT 5th rounders we missed on recently are Zebrie Sanders, Marshall Newhouse.  These players can be had in the larter rounds rather than Najee Goode? Another mediocre LB/Special teamer....trash.

drafting a guy to be depth early in the 2nd round?  yeah, dominik gets roasted for that.  whats zebrie sanders doing this year?  is he playing? 

and honestly, is jon asomuah your brother?  son?  cousin?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#77 : October 08, 2012, 10:14:10 PM

drafting a guy to be depth early in the 2nd round?  yeah, dominik gets roasted for that.  whats zebrie sanders doing this year?  is he playing? 

and honestly, is jon asomuah your brother?  son?  cousin?

A back-up? Asamoah would be our best Olineman. Zebrie Sanders would probably be starting on this football team. Most teams who actually draft Oline won't start a 5th rounder unless they have injuries, us on the other hand, with zero Oline depth, would likely find starter quality players in the 5th round because of our lack of talent on the Oline. Who do we have right now to step in?
Cody Wallace- Cut by the 49ers.
Ted KLarsen- Cut by the NE patriots.
Jamon Meredith- Cut by the Packers.

Clearly, our strategy of claiming players who have been drafted and released because they weren't good enough for the other teams is a failure. BTW, Asamoah would have taken over at RG and we would not have had to re-sign the one dimensional Davin Joseph for way too much cash.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#78 : October 08, 2012, 10:24:16 PM

Brian Price was a good pick. He looked almost as good as McCoy in college. He had a ton of upside, it was a no brainer in the 2nd round.

Benn was a decent pick, we didn't have any kind of WRs going into that year, Mike Williams ended up being a pleasant surprise, but Benn looked like he had #1 receiver potential.

Myron Lewis was always an awful pick, I don't know why they thought he could be a starting corner. He should have been moved to safety and see what he could do there. At this point, the guy isn't even a good special teamer and he's a waste of a roster spot.

Same with Luke Stocker, I really don't see why this guy warranted 2 4ths.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#79 : October 08, 2012, 10:36:28 PM

A back-up? Asamoah would be our best Olineman. Zebrie Sanders would probably be starting on this football team. Most teams who actually draft Oline won't start a 5th rounder unless they have injuries, us on the other hand, with zero Oline depth, would likely find starter quality players in the 5th round because of our lack of talent on the Oline. Who do we have right now to step in?
Cody Wallace- Cut by the 49ers.
Ted KLarsen- Cut by the NE patriots.
Jamon Meredith- Cut by the Packers.

Clearly, our strategy of claiming players who have been drafted and released because they weren't good enough for the other teams is a failure. BTW, Asamoah would have taken over at RG and we would not have had to re-sign the one dimensional Davin Joseph for way too much cash.

stay on track...drafting glenn would have been for depth - or putting a 5mil RT on the bench.  either way dominik is roasted.

zebrie sanders is on the IR.  and why do you have 39 posts about asomuah this week?  seriously, did you just find out you are related to this guy the week of the chiefs game?    i hope mccoy eats his lunch all day.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#80 : October 09, 2012, 07:13:07 AM

Brian Price was a good pick. He looked almost as good as McCoy in college. He had a ton of upside, it was a no brainer in the 2nd round.

1st of all , I disagree that he was ever as good as McCoy. That's a joke.  But assuming he was as good as McCoy , then obviously he wasn't such a "no-brainer" , or else he still wouldn't have been available in the 2nd round. There's a reason so many teams passed on him and I think now we know why. There's also a reason no team deems him even worthy of a flyer now even though he's sitting on the open market. He was never nearly as good as his hype , and the dude was a fat lazy slob with a bad attitude on top of it.
: October 09, 2012, 07:15:13 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#81 : October 09, 2012, 07:24:52 AM

You don't pick two UTs in a row when you have as many needs as we did back then.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#82 : October 09, 2012, 07:26:31 AM

Also the Bucs wouldn't have fired their west coast scout over Price if it was just an injury issue.  He misevaluated him.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#83 : October 09, 2012, 09:24:11 AM

You don't pick two UTs in a row when you have as many needs as we did back then.

pick BPA.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#84 : October 09, 2012, 11:10:32 AM

In hindsight, a Guard.

But not in place of Martin and it was a super weak class based on where we were picking.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#85 : January 25, 2013, 09:14:28 PM

This thread is so full of stupid!

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#86 : January 25, 2013, 09:16:44 PM

Alfred Morris in the 6th would have been the steal of the draft.   then pair that with Russell Wilson in the 3rd like I wanted and it's a great draft.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: In hindsight, who should we have chosen with the Doug Martin pick? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools