Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: [OFFICAL POLE] Is Freeman's downfall the coaches' fault or his? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

: October 07, 2012, 10:44:39 PM

That is all.

Poll pole pun is fully intended.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 07, 2012, 10:53:53 PM

Puns are supposed to be funny :\

leeroybuc93

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 07, 2012, 11:07:08 PM

I still don't know that I'd say he's had a downfall.  He just lead us on a 4th quarter comeback in his 4th game in a new offense.  It's not his fault the defense couldn't hold.  If he's the same in week 10 as he is now then I'll concede he's done here, but give these coaches we brought in specifically to turn Freeman around some time to do it.  So far in his career he's not a whole lot different than Eli Manning was, and this OC helped turn him around.
: October 07, 2012, 11:09:56 PM leeroybuc93

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 07, 2012, 11:50:11 PM

I still don't know that I'd say he's had a downfall.  He just lead us on a 4th quarter comeback in his 4th game in a new offense.  It's not his fault the defense couldn't hold.  If he's the same in week 10 as he is now then I'll concede he's done here, but give these coaches we brought in specifically to turn Freeman around some time to do it.  So far in his career he's not a whole lot different than Eli Manning was, and this OC helped turn him around.

You make a good point about the comebacks but I agree with those that say that he needs to be more consistent. He's teased people enough around here with the 4th qtr comebacks. Lets see a whole game of good football so we don't have to have the 4th qtr comebacks. He really hasn't been able to do that so much in this league yet. I can't remember a dominant performance by him, has anybody? I'm just a patient guy and think with a little success and confidence the guy can turn it around. Or just hopeful that hes succesful. I would really like some stability and consistency around here at QB and OC. Seems like that's never the case here in Tampa Bay.
: October 07, 2012, 11:51:46 PM BucBalla85

bamabucs

Starter

#4 : October 08, 2012, 12:05:53 AM

I will wait until the season is over before using the term "downfall".

As crazy as it may sound, I think Freeman's stock is still rising. Our new set of coaches have a good 4 weeks of evidence to see what works with Freeman and what does not. With a much needed bye week preparation, I think Freeman looks better the following weeks.

Expecting a Freeman to Vincent Jackson connection becoming very strong as the season goes on for their own good.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#5 : October 08, 2012, 01:07:50 AM

Since he's had a change in coaching staff, it' obviously was not the coaches.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#6 : October 08, 2012, 01:18:06 AM

I don't think the coaches have been using him right, but I also don't think he is a good QB regardless. The coaches job is to do the best with what you have using and Freeman as just a pocket passer is bad coaching.

We still don't have our franchise QB, but in the meantime Freeman needs to be used as a mobile threat. If he's regularly taking off through holes that open up in the pocket, the opposing defense will start looking a lot different. I think it would be easier for him, the receivers, and for Martin in some situations.

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 08, 2012, 03:52:04 AM

Puns are supposed to be funny :\
:(

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 08, 2012, 07:28:14 AM

How can you blame the coaching staff when he's sucked through multiple coaching staffs now ? Look to the common denominator...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucfanNC12

Hall of Famer

#9 : October 08, 2012, 07:54:20 AM

Both.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 08, 2012, 09:00:15 AM

It isn't like Freeman has never had coaches explain footwork and what a progression is. That is where his issues seem to lie. Maybe there is a "right guy" who can get through to him that those things matter but in general it seems like QB's are or aren't and right now Freeman "aren't".

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#11 : October 08, 2012, 09:09:54 AM

He just lead us on a 4th quarter comeback in his 4th game in a new offense.

So he gets all of the credit for the comeback, but none of the credit for getting us behind to start with? That's a pretty sweet deal you give him. Is there something about looking at the whole picture you're uncomfortable with?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 08, 2012, 12:07:38 PM

Combination of him and the coaches. I still think he can get the job done though with good coaching.

IrishBuc

Second String

#13 : October 08, 2012, 12:39:23 PM

Like most things involving sport, there is not a clear answer. It's a combination of him and the coaches. He is not playing a game plan suited to him and he is suffering. Alex Smith is playing a game suited to his needs and he and the Niners are winning games. Freeman could do his role, possibly more efficiently given the right circumstances in Tampa

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#14 : October 08, 2012, 12:44:29 PM

It isn't like Freeman has never had coaches explain footwork and what a progression is. That is where his issues seem to lie. Maybe there is a "right guy" who can get through to him that those things matter but in general it seems like QB's are or aren't and right now Freeman "aren't".

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: [OFFICAL POLE] Is Freeman's downfall the coaches' fault or his? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools