Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Cassel-worst starting QB in the league « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#45 : October 08, 2012, 01:31:08 AM

Testeverde and Gabbert were THE worst. I was in NY vs Testeverde.... could not believe how Gruden let him pick us apart.

Testaverde completed 13 passes that game for 163 yards.   If that is what you call "picking us apart", then almost every team gets picked apart or worse every week.    You sure you were at that game?   Vinny had little to do with that win.   It was all Gruden's offense.
I agree, I remember that game, was a very gutless performance by the O that day.

Griese threw 42 passes in that game.   I'm not sure I'd call that gutless.    Inept due to the Jets playing balls to the wall D, maybe.   But far from gutless.   The Bucs were throwing the ball almost every down.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#46 : October 08, 2012, 02:12:33 AM

Testeverde and Gabbert were THE worst. I was in NY vs Testeverde.... could not believe how Gruden let him pick us apart.

Testaverde completed 13 passes that game for 163 yards.   If that is what you call "picking us apart", then almost every team gets picked apart or worse every week.    You sure you were at that game?   Vinny had little to do with that win.   It was all the Jets D.

You're right.... Vinny didn't pick us apart. We lost because our offense couldn't muster a TD vs the Jets' #12 ranked D. Thanx for helping me recall that debacle.

-------------------------------------------------------

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#47 : October 08, 2012, 02:38:56 AM

No problem, old man.    I realize at your age, it's easy for your memory to fail you.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 08, 2012, 02:40:08 AM

By the way, that was a do or die game for the Jets.   That D played harder and with more emotion than I've ever seen any D play with.   Gotta give credit to that Jets D that day.     The Bucs came in at 4-0 and didn't have as much to play for.   However, had that game been in tampa, I still think the Bucs win it.

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#49 : October 08, 2012, 05:09:26 AM

The worst starting qb in the NFL has a completion percentage 4% higher than Freeman's

Bummer

Go Bucs

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#50 : October 08, 2012, 05:40:45 AM

Testaverde completed 13 passes that game for 163 yards.   If that is what you call "picking us apart", then almost every team gets picked apart or worse every week.    You sure you were at that game?   Vinny had little to do with that win.   It was all Gruden's offense.
I agree, I remember that game, was a very gutless performance by the O that day.

IMO, freakin Monte Kiffin lost that game for us.  His "zone" let the WR's kill us. Yes, it wasn't a great game by Vinny but he made the plays he had to and our Dbs just watched them catch the ball in front of them and then react. Well, you can't do that in key moments in red zone situations or on 3rd downs.  That is why I hated to watch the Tampa Two unless we were playing lights out. It can make a fan like me go nuts and throw things.

Griese threw 42 passes in that game.   I'm not sure I'd call that gutless.    Inept due to the Jets playing balls to the wall D, maybe.   But far from gutless.   The Bucs were throwing the ball almost every down.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#51 : October 09, 2012, 04:49:08 AM

In the first half the Chiefs have 34 rushing attempts... Cassel has 37 yards AND a pick. Before the game Chiefs fans paid for a banner to be flown by plane over the stadium that read "We Deserve better, bench Cassel-Fire Piol". It is tied 3-3 at the moment.

Too bad he'll be out Sunday against us..... Bucs can't seem to get any breaks whatsoever.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#52 : October 09, 2012, 05:10:21 AM

Cassel is better than Quinn.   The Bucs DID get a break.   How about when Jonathan Stewart was out week 1 when the field was soggy and he would have been the biggest weapon for the Panthers?    That wasn't a break?

Al Bundy

Pro Bowler

#53 : October 09, 2012, 08:30:15 AM

Cassel is better than Quinn.   The Bucs DID get a break.   How about when Jonathan Stewart was out week 1 when the field was soggy and he would have been the biggest weapon for the Panthers?    That wasn't a break?
No.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#54 : October 09, 2012, 08:53:19 AM

By the way, that was a do or die game for the Jets.   That D played harder and with more emotion than I've ever seen any D play with.   Gotta give credit to that Jets D that day.     The Bucs came in at 4-0 and didn't have as much to play for.   However, had that game been in tampa, I still think the Bucs win it.

There are so much spin in that post, that I think i'm still dizzy!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#55 : October 09, 2012, 09:50:04 AM

The worst starting qb in the NFL has a completion percentage 4% higher than Freeman's

Bummer

College pass attempts....
Cassel = 0
Freeman = 1,151

NFL pass attempts...
Cassel = 1,973
Freeman = 860

NFL passer rating...
Cassel = 81.1 (78.2 in KC)
Freeman = 78.7

Freeman had to work hard in college just to be as bad as Cassel, if not worse.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#56 : October 09, 2012, 11:10:44 AM

Bummer

College pass attempts....
Cassel = 0
Freeman = 1,151

NFL pass attempts...
Cassel = 1,973
Freeman = 860

NFL passer rating...
Cassel = 81.1 (78.2 in KC)
Freeman = 78.7

Freeman had to work hard in college just to be as bad as Cassel, if not worse.

lol

#facepalmwhileSMH

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#57 : October 09, 2012, 11:13:18 AM

Definetly Blaine Gabbert is the worst starting QB in the league in 2012.

/thread.

Go get Bridgewater.   Do what it takes.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Cassel-worst starting QB in the league « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools