Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Three « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#105 : October 10, 2012, 05:35:04 PM

Yeah, there was a whole list of 'em. I'm sure you've got them memorized.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#106 : October 10, 2012, 05:42:26 PM

ouch, sounds like someone feels quite offended. While i don't think it's my responsibility, i still say sorry for, if this makes you feel better, lol

OK, let's recap, you said rodger is better becauce he has a ring, unlike freeman. If this is not what you ment, this is what i read.

What ever, i think the packers should be quite pleased with rodgers, with or without the ring. i'll take a QB 1 lucky play away from a ring. I do not try to make rodgers look bad, just putting things in perpective, nor do i try to say freeman would have won all those PO games aswell.
I even mentioned we could have CHOKED at NO in week 17.

But again, what would be your view on rodgers if K2 does not draw that flag. Did he choke on that 15-1 team? Vs the #31 D? Would he just be FF star then? Carried by the WR that got M Flynn 6 TDs?
Putting things into perspectiv,reminding how things can go. While Rodgers still is the same great QB, better than Freeman. But the doubters would be there, epsecially after that 2-3 this year. But ask yourself why, because he did not get that favourable(BrEn) call? He's still the same QB, just without the chance to proof his greatness.

If i would have want to be a 'little punctuation nazi', i would have pointed out how you americanized my quote. Even PRs spell checker does not ignore BrEn, i'm not apoligiSe for my education. When i say it was a coincidence you messed up my quote, i ment it. To proove the point, 1 single incident should not make the whole story. 1 ring does not make great QB, 1 missed FG does not make Flacco a scrub last season. For the record i'm not pleased with freeman if he beats out dilfer, and even this is a big 'if'.

When we wanna analyze QB play, let's held them accountable for what they control, and not for a few .... coincidences. Freeman lead a come back drive vs the giants, because M Willams missed the ball and was lucky to see it bounce of the CBs helmet into his alligator hands. Did Freeman missplace that ball? Thats what freeman should be credited for, or blamed for, in case of not seeing a wide open VJax 2 drives earlier. If the giants kick a FG instead of scoring a TD right after, does Freeman become a better QB, because he would have had 1 less INT?

Sanchez stinks in the regular season, some said they would have won with freeman(or tebow), actually sanchez played pretty well in the PO, one of the reason they made to the AFCCG twice, still he was lucky to get into the PO in 1st place.

What about Eli? Did he and his team just got hot in the POs, twice now, or are the constant under achiever? Some just say Eli is elite, while Peyton get 10+ wins year in and year out, with only 1 ring.

bur yeah, lets keep it simple. Marino is a scrub, even his records are gone no. Funny how Brady and Brees did not win it all that year either. And here we are again, Freeman had ZERO 300+ games in 2010, and i was quite pleased with him then.

Rodgers is more accurate. Rodgers can read a defense. Rodgers can play well in consistent games. Rodgers knows when he can force a ball into tight coverage, and when not to. Rodgers has excellent pocket awareness/presence....am I seriously having to point out why Rodgers is better...smh

I'm not offended it at all. I don't get offended when it's obvious that someone doesn't know WTF they are talking about. That arouses no emotion in me.

Rodgers one lucky play away from not having a SB? Wow. Your perspective if awfully flawed.

That #31 ranked D was total yards..which is hardly a good barometer for measuring success or failure. If they honestly had the 2nd worst defense in the league...they wouldn't have have on the SB. Once again, perspective flawed.

Post is pretty hard to read after that point...and you kind veer off a bit.

Have fun with your coincidences.

Isn't this thread about YARDS? The D gets excused for giving up alot of yards.Didn't our D lost vs the giants, despite 3 INTs? But #5 blows because of the lack of 300+?

funny how rodgers now can read a D, great pocket awareness, super accurate. All because of a ring.

Again, what would be your view on rodgers if the flag does not fly?  How much does he seperate himslef from a guy like Stafford or Flacco?. I'm not hear to defend Freeman, just wanna point out how a few sexy wins make a QB look better. letting people ignore looking at the actually play. I'm far from calling for Rodgers head, the exact opposite is actually true.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#107 : October 10, 2012, 05:45:05 PM

Rodgers just had one of the best seasons for QB last year and consistently has good games/seasons. I have no clue why you're trying to devalue him.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#108 : October 10, 2012, 05:46:22 PM

Since receivers have been taller than and able to outjump  CBs and safeties? You new or something? Did you happen to catch Mike William's 2010 season before they started jamming him at the line?

So why does this not work in 2011? Freeman has same arm, Williams did not shrink. Jamming xd, would you still throw then? I mean it worked in 2010, right? Should Freeman clip the CBs 1st before throwing the jump ball?

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#109 : October 10, 2012, 05:47:23 PM

Yeah, there was a whole list of 'em. I'm sure you've got them memorized.

Why should i? because i said Freeman outplays rodgers? i guess you better re read my posts here.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#110 : October 10, 2012, 05:54:59 PM

Rodgers just had one of the best seasons for QB last year and consistently has good games/seasons. I have no clue why you're trying to devalue him.

Devalue? Just reminding you of how he would be critized for just being a FF star , a choker, if he would not have been so lucky in 2010, beside playing a good season and PO then. I'm not taking this away from him. But all this, without luck would have been pointless. The same guys glorifying Rodgers now would compare him to romo then. Talk about how Flynn might bring similar results, without choking a 15-1 season.

You act like i would pick freeman over rodgers, as if i think a ring less rodgers would been like freeman. I'm not here to defend freeman.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#111 : October 10, 2012, 06:05:46 PM

ouch, sounds like someone feels quite offended. While i don't think it's my responsibility, i still say sorry for, if this makes you feel better, lol

OK, let's recap, you said rodger is better becauce he has a ring, unlike freeman. If this is not what you ment, this is what i read.

What ever, i think the packers should be quite pleased with rodgers, with or without the ring. i'll take a QB 1 lucky play away from a ring. I do not try to make rodgers look bad, just putting things in perpective, nor do i try to say freeman would have won all those PO games aswell.

But again, what would be your view on rodgers if K2 does not draw that flag. Did he choke on that 15-1 team? Vs the #31 D? Would he just be FF star then? Carried by the WR that got M Flynn 6 TDs?
Putting things into perspectiv,reminding how things can go. While Rodgers still is the same great QB, better than Freeman. But the doubters would be there, epsecially after that 2-3 this year. But ask yourself why, because he did not get that favourable(BrEn) call? He's still the same QB, just without the chance to proof his greatness.

If i would have want to be a 'little punctuation nazi', i would have pointed out how you americanized my quote. Even PRs spell checker does not ignore BrEn, i'm not apoligiSe for my education. When i say it was a coincidence you messed up my quote, i ment it. To proove the point, 1 single incident should not make the whole story. 1 ring does not make great QB, 1 missed FG does not make Flacco a scrub last season. For the record i'm not pleased with freeman if he beats out dilfer, and even this is a big 'if'.

When we wanna analyze QB play, let's held them accountable for what they control, and not for a few .... coincidences. Freeman lead a come back drive vs the giants, because M Willams missed the ball and was lucky to see it bounce of the CBs helmet into his alligator hands. Did Freeman missplace that ball? Thats what freeman should be credited for, or blamed for, in case of not seeing a wide open VJax 2 drives earlier. If the giants kick a FG instead of scoring a TD right after, does Freeman become a better QB, because he would have had 1 less INT?

Sanchez stinks in the regular season, some said they would have won with freeman(or tebow), actually sanchez played pretty well in the PO, one of the reason they made to the AFCCG twice, still he was lucky to get into the PO in 1st place.

What about Eli? Did he and his team just got hot in the POs, twice now, or are the constant under achiever? Some just say Eli is elite, while Peyton get 10+ wins year in and year out, with only 1 ring.

bur yeah, lets keep it simple. Marino is a scrub, even his records are gone no. Funny how Brady and Brees did not win it all that year either. And here we are again, Freeman had ZERO 300+ games in 2010, and i was quite pleased with him then.

Rodgers is more accurate. Rodgers can read a defense. Rodgers can play well in consistent games. Rodgers knows when he can force a ball into tight coverage, and when not to. Rodgers has excellent pocket awareness/presence....am I seriously having to point out why Rodgers is better...smh

I'm not offended it at all. I don't get offended when it's obvious that someone doesn't know WTF they are talking about. That arouses no emotion in me.

Rodgers one lucky play away from not having a SB? Wow. Your perspective if awfully flawed.

That #31 ranked D was total yards..which is hardly a good barometer for measuring success or failure. If they honestly had the 2nd worst defense in the league...they wouldn't have have on the SB. Once again, perspective flawed.

Isn't this thread about YARDS? The D gets excused for giving up alot of yards.Didn't our D lost vs the giants, despite 3 INTs? But #5 blows because of the lack of 300+?

funny how rodgers now can read a D, great pocket awareness, super accurate. All because of a ring.

Again, what would be your view on rodgers if the flag does not fly?  How much does he seperate himslef from a guy like Stafford or Flacco?. I'm not hear to defend Freeman, just wanna point out how a few sexy wins make a QB look better. letting people ignore looking at the actually play. I'm far from calling for Rodgers head, the exact opposite is actually true.

None of my posts have been strictly about yards. I never responded to the OP. Yards don't tell the whole story. I don't think Freeman blows because he doesn't throw for 300+ very often. I think he blows for a myriad of other reasons...now a direct result of him sucking would be a lack of good statistical performances...but that's not why he is a bad QB.

Same thing with Rodgers. Rodgers has great QB attributes. The result of that was a SB title. He isn't great because of that title.

My view of Rodgers is not skewed by a singular event that was one of 1000's of instances that occurred thoughout the 2010 season that led to games resulting the way they did. You are choosing to cherry pick one play and say luck was on Rodgers side. That's idiotic. One could argue that every QB(and team) that has ever won a SB has had a little bit of luck on their side. Sometimes the ball bounces your way, and sometimes it doesn't.

That's something that you density is preventing you from seeing.
: October 10, 2012, 06:07:26 PM chace1986

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#112 : October 10, 2012, 06:19:24 PM

None of my posts have been strictly about yards. I never responded to the OP. Yards don't tell the whole story. I don't think Freeman blows because he doesn't throw for 300+ very often. I think he blows for a myriad of other reasons...now a direct result of him sucking would be a lack of good statistical performances...but that's not why he is a bad QB.

Same thing with Rodgers. Rodgers has great QB attributes. The result of that was a SB title. He isn't great because of that title.

My view of Rodgers is not skewed by a singular event that was one of 1000's of instances that occurred thoughout the 2010 season that led to games resulting the way they did. You are choosing to cherry pick one play and say luck was on Rodgers side. That's idiotic. One could argue that every QB(and team) that has ever won a SB has had a little bit of luck on their side. Sometimes the ball bounces your way, and sometimes it doesn't.

That's something that you density is preventing you from seeing.

xd i'm pleased with a QB that just needs 1 lucky play to win a ring, a guy that goes 14-1 after, while the other guys goes 4-11. Atleast rodgers got his packers in this position, credit him for this, NOT for the playing going his way.. Maybe the packers miss the PO because of the replacement refs blown call, so do not blame him for missing the PO then: credit or blame him for getting GB in THIS position, thats what i say. don't let coincidence make a career. He is a good QB without the ring, better than freeman, even #5 would have got his in 2010 and still plays like now.

You are sure there would be no critics on rodgers without that ring, reminding him of last season, and his overall PO success(1-2), point out how Flynn outplayed him? calling him a CHOKER, nothing but a FF star. Something Freeman only can dream of, btw.

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#113 : October 10, 2012, 06:42:56 PM

Devalue? Just reminding you of how he would be critized for just being a FF star , a choker, if he would not have been so lucky in 2010, beside playing a good season and PO then. I'm not taking this away from him. But all this, without luck would have been pointless. The same guys glorifying Rodgers now would compare him to romo then. Talk about how Flynn might bring similar results, without choking a 15-1 season.

You act like i would pick freeman over rodgers, as if i think a ring less rodgers would been like freeman. I'm not here to defend freeman.
You don't think he was criticized for losing to the giants? Every team that has won a superbowl had some luck.
Rodgers missed a game that year and flynn loss wouldn't we be considered lucky if we made the playoffs? People thinking Flynn can produce like rodgers?lol
: October 10, 2012, 06:45:04 PM bucsquad

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#114 : October 10, 2012, 07:03:58 PM

You don't think he was criticized for losing to the giants? Every team that has won a superbowl had some luck.
Rodgers missed a game that year and flynn loss wouldn't we be considered lucky if we made the playoffs? People thinking Flynn can produce like rodgers?lol

Of course he got critized for the loss vs NYG, he did not even had a good day. But he would not have 2010 to silence the critics. Matt Flynn just came of a 6TD game.
Of course we would have been extremly lucky to get in, prolly less deserving than GB. Already the shedule was pure luck, but the INT by Palmer was a joke. without that we might not even get to .500. I have my doubts we would have beaten the Eagles, even if they were stone cold. ATL was supposed to loose no matter who they would have faced. Even Koenen looked bad that day. CHI had a bad day aswell, down to 3rd QB, mabye becausse of GBs D(?). It prolly would have been the bad boys SB, Big Ben vs Vick, considering the 7-9 SEA beat NO. A lucky win for vick here and his career looks totally different. But now he is the TO machine, someone that can not play a full season.

But with a bit more luck, freeman would have some to show off, something to give him confidence, to buy him a bit more time to develop. No 'rodgers is better because he has a ring'. Still i prolly would not make a case to put him over rodgers.

If you think i just defend freeman, how does rodgers look compared to Stafford or Flacco, without that ring.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#115 : October 10, 2012, 07:05:19 PM

How in the hell did Rodgers enter this conversation??

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#116 : October 10, 2012, 07:44:25 PM

100% pure, unadulterated idiocy....that's how.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#117 : October 11, 2012, 09:52:48 AM

Before the ring, Rodgers was the best third down QB in the NFL. Now if you can't understand that, there's no point in trying to explain anything to you.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#118 : October 11, 2012, 10:05:22 AM

Before the ring, Rodgers was the best third down QB in the NFL. Now if you can't understand that, there's no point in trying to explain anything to you.

thanks for proving my point: Rodgers was good, even without the ring. How should one lucky play change this?
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Three « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools