Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Three « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#30 : October 09, 2012, 06:30:48 PM

50 - Percentage of Tampa's wins that resulted directly from a game winning drive by Freeman since he took over as the starter in Tampa
9 - Number of game winning drives
4 - Number of years in the NFL
3 - Number of different offenses/ OC in those 4 years
2 - Number of HC's that Freeman has earned total confidence in
0 - Amount of support from stupid local Yuc fans like yourself

AND THE MOST TELLING STAT!!!!!!

0 - Number of functioning brain cells SKULL AND BONES has left after years of bong hits, sniffing air plane glue and self inflicted nut shots.

2- The number of decent linemen in front of him
0- Ground attack due to the 3 decent linemen that are lacking

Too much is either new or missing to expect anything more than we have got. Patience grasshoppers. Next year will be much better. This year, be satisfied there have been no blowouts.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 09, 2012, 06:34:32 PM

2- The number of decent linemen in front of him
0- Ground attack due to the 3 decent linemen that are lacking

Too much is either new or missing to expect anything more than we have got. Patience grasshoppers. Next year will be much better. This year, be satisfied there have been no blowouts.

id say we even have 4 decent lineman in front of him.  and the ground attack has left freeman with many 3rd and 5's.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 09, 2012, 07:19:37 PM

um, Eli won a super bowl in his 4th year.
Since 2007 (his first Super Bowl) he's had the same OC, who was previously his QC, Kevin Gillbride. So no change in philosophy there. Sullivan was his QC in 2010 when Manning had a record year. Sullivan will get the best out of Freeman. Give Freeman a year or his contract and then judge him. If he doesn't have it by then, then yes, we should be looking to replace him.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#33 : October 09, 2012, 07:40:58 PM

Alright, alright. But other than the playoffs, the Super Bowl wins, the ability to read a defense, and the passing skills, Eli and Josh are practically the same guy. Which means that if we provide him with a consistent environment for the next seven or eight years, he could break out at any time!

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : October 09, 2012, 09:19:12 PM

Everyone dubbed Alex Smith a bust, look at him now.

Everyone dubbed Eli Manning a bust, look at him now.

Many people dubbed Jamarcus Russell a bust and he is. Many also proclaimed Tim Couch a bust. Guess what, he is as well. Your point?

-------------------------------------------------------

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 09, 2012, 09:41:01 PM

Alex Smith only passed for 3,100 yards last year and is only throwing for around 200 a game this year.  its only taken him 7 years to become  a game manager for a very good team and I have my doubts he can step up in the post season enough to win a super bowl.  Is that really what you are hoping Freeman becomes?  I guess you can do worse.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 09, 2012, 10:00:49 PM

Alex Smith only passed for 3,100 yards last year and is only throwing for around 200 a game this year.  its only taken him 7 years to become  a game manager for a very good team and I have my doubts he can step up in the post season enough to win a super bowl.  Is that really what you are hoping Freeman becomes?  I guess you can do worse.

Several game managers have won super bowls.  Just sayin.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 09, 2012, 10:18:47 PM

Many teams spin their wheels hoping that their QB will eventually put it together. Niners and Giants got lucky that their guy panned out after they stuck with him through crappy play. Even though there are those exceptions...there are also plenty of busts. Freeman has weapons, he has good pass blocking, he just doesn't have it between the ears...it's growing more and more evident.

44 starts.
7 of those he put together 4 qtrs of good play.
5 of those occurred in 2010 against crappy teams.

I would be fine if Josh were playing at an Alex Smith level....but he is way too inconsistent.

Freeman has never been consistent, ever. He is dull. He will most likely never see the playoffs, unless he backs up a good QB and piggy-backs. Thanks to NFL.com, I've had the chance to go back and watch all of his games...and to be honest...there isn't much regression. You can look at the stats all you want, but just watching the guy, he was never really that great of a QB. Sure he sprinkled in a few good throws here and there, but he never played on the same level as some of the top tier guys today. His best quality in 2010 was his leadership...and that seems gone now. Good QBs don't allow their teams to lose 12 out of 13 games that you have played in. For those who want to keep hoping that he turns into "the guy", I hope you are right, but I have 0 confidence left in him. The sooner the season is over and we get him out of OPB, the sooner we have a shot at being a good team again.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 09, 2012, 10:20:19 PM

I refuse to give up on him. I don't see our staff doing it anytime soon either.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#39 : October 09, 2012, 10:25:56 PM

in the last 20 years its only happened 3 times by my count-brad Johnson in 2003, Dilfer in 2001, and Mark Rypien in 1992.  90% of the time the winning QB is a Hofer or will be.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#40 : October 09, 2012, 10:49:29 PM

What is the solution?  The window has passed on drafting one high without selling the farm.  I didn't see the Bucs giving up more than the Skins last year anyway.  Next draft we will be middle of the pack and you see where the good ones go.  Do they half-azz it and go get an Orton?  Freeman hasn't completely failed.  I suppose every season needs a fall guy.     

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 09, 2012, 11:39:48 PM

in the last 20 years its only happened 3 times by my count-brad Johnson in 2003, Dilfer in 2001, and Mark Rypien in 1992.  90% of the time the winning QB is a Hofer or will be.

That is why I used the word "several"

You don't think Smith is as capable as The Bull, Dilfer, or Rypien?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 09, 2012, 11:55:42 PM

Many people dubbed Jamarcus Russell a bust and he is. Many also proclaimed Tim Couch a bust. Guess what, he is as well. Your point?

Did Russell or Couch ever have a 25 TD, 6 INT season? Or anything close to that? Did they lead as many comeback wins as Freeman has?

Jury still out. And even if we wanted to make a change, there's no decent option right now. Next year, they better spend some money on a
viable back-up.

McCoy93

Starter

#43 : October 09, 2012, 11:57:31 PM

Anybody remember that throw Freeman made against the panthers week 2 in 2010? the completion to winslow. Freeman uses his legs to extend the play and uses his strong arm. That was pretty; Those are the kind of plays i expected him to make on a consistent basis back then.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 10, 2012, 12:14:17 AM

Did Russell or Couch ever have a 25 TD, 6 INT season? Or anything close to that? Did they lead as many comeback wins as Freeman has?

Jury still out. And even if we wanted to make a change, there's no decent option right now. Next year, they better spend some money on a
viable back-up.
Thank you Joe. I don't waste time proving points anymore. Either you get it or you don't.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Three « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools