Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LeGarrette Blount's practice performance improving; ....More carries to come? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: October 10, 2012, 01:22:15 AM

OCTOBER 09, 2012

LeGarrette Blount's practice performance improving; More carries to come?

Only time will tell whether Bucs running back LeGarrette Blount actually assumes a larger role in the Bucs offense in the weeks to come, as coaches have suggested.

But Blount is doing one thing that will only help his case: Hes performing better in practice.

I think LeGarrette has practiced better the last couple weeks, coach Greg Schiano said. I think when you prepare better you play better.

Schiano places great emphasis on practice performance when determining the roles of players on game day.

Blount has 13 carries in four games after giving way to first-round pick Doug Martin (71 carries) in the starting lineup. Neither has had great success Martin is averaging 3.5 yards per carry, Blount 3.4 but the Bucs are hoping their dramatic difference in styles create problems for defenses.

Like Ive said, I think those guys can really play off each other well, Schiano said. They are different styles. They are different body types. I think it can serve the whole offense well for them both to have carries.

Posted by Stephen Holder at 9:32:02 am on October 09, 2012

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#1 : October 10, 2012, 07:11:50 AM

ROFLMMFAO.  -- yeah, suddenly LGB is "practicing better".   Nothing to do with the gerbil in your ass tasting like, well, ass...

or possibly, blount is being held accountable for what he does in practice.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 10, 2012, 07:40:06 AM

I don't think it's a stretch to believe Blount really was dogging it in practice , thinking he was entitled to playing time. Sounds just like him , actually....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#3 : October 10, 2012, 07:44:46 AM

Didn't we hear something like this last week? I am starting to face the fact that Blount is a third down back considering Ware appears to get more playing time.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : October 10, 2012, 08:16:15 AM

I tend to think LGB's "practice effort" level is inversely proportional to the level of Martin effectiveness to the coaching staff.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

meekerbeastman

Second String

#5 : October 10, 2012, 09:40:30 AM

I think the coaching staff is starting to see martin not hitting holes and falling over in games the same as he does in practice.

also evaluating a bruiser like blount in practice is horrible. do you really want him trucking people and beasting through your linebackers/dbs? if he started going balls out in practice someones going to get hurt.

feed the beast Coach, feed the beast

meekerbeastman

Second String

#6 : October 10, 2012, 09:42:09 AM

i never want to wish injury on someone but the best thing that could happen to this team is martin gets a game day groin tweak and sits out a game. then LGB goes off for 120yds of monster and freeman gets time to toss bombs to vjax and mw19. hell even getting a few first downs and sustaining some drives would be awesome.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#7 : October 10, 2012, 10:13:51 AM

Blount won't get more than like a half dozen carries because Schiano doesn't want any other RB outplaying Doug "three yards and a cloud of nothing special" Martin who is competing with Shonn Greene for the worst starting RB in the NFL.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#8 : October 10, 2012, 10:40:55 AM

i never want to wish injury on someone but the best thing that could happen to this team is martin gets a game day groin tweak and sits out a game. then LGB goes off for 120yds of monster and freeman gets time to toss bombs to vjax and mw19. hell even getting a few first downs and sustaining some drives would be awesome.

Thats a pretty sick thing to say.

BucfanNC12

Pro Bowler

#9 : October 10, 2012, 10:42:51 AM

I don't think it's a stretch to believe Blount really was dogging it in practice , thinking he was entitled to playing time. Sounds just like him , actually....

The man was a 1000 yard rushers when he first got here and got 781 yards considering the run game was abandoned early last year. Why wouldn't he be entitled to more carriers?

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 10, 2012, 11:03:23 AM

Blount is licking his chops thinking about Kansas City's bootleg 3-4

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 10, 2012, 11:26:12 AM

ROFLMMFAO.  -- yeah, suddenly LGB is "practicing better".   Nothing to do with the gerbil in your ass tasting like, well, ass...

or possibly, blount is being held accountable for what he does in practice.

Schiano said early on touches will be EARNED, not given.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 10, 2012, 11:28:00 AM

evaluating a bruiser like blount in practice is horrible. do you really want him trucking people and beasting through your linebackers/dbs? if he started going balls out in practice someones going to get hurt.

That's not the part of his game they need to see in practice - it's the other stuff.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 10, 2012, 11:44:04 AM

evaluating a bruiser like blount in practice is horrible. do you really want him trucking people and beasting through your linebackers/dbs? if he started going balls out in practice someones going to get hurt.

That's not the part of his game they need to see in practice - it's the other stuff.

At least there is one person that acknowledges that there is more to playing RB than trucking people and "dragging **CENSORED**s."

People want to complain about "tells" and "predictability," well if that is all one man is good at and trusted to do, then there's a huge tell right there.

To be clear though, I think Blount CAN be good at the other stuff.  He just has to show it on the practice field first.  Coaches have to trust him.  If anyone needs an explanation why...well...

Ms Elam

Starter

#14 : October 10, 2012, 12:39:21 PM

sounds like Schiano finally took Martins kcid out of his mouth to me.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: LeGarrette Blount's practice performance improving; ....More carries to come? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools