Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TRUEBLOOD LIKELY TO START AT GUARD SUNDAY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 10, 2012, 10:11:53 PM

Where did I say I didn't want them to turn it around?

Where did you say you do? You're hoping they fire the coach. That would mean the Bucs completely fell apart. Who hopes for that 4 games into
a totally new coaching staff?

Hopefully I will wake up soon to find that Schiano isn't the coach and this was just a big nightmare.

I would be thrilled if our coach wasn't an idiot and we could win more games, but I'm grounded in reality.

So, after four games, you've concluded that Schiano can't learn from his mistakes? You're grounded in premature conclusions. And you're not alone
on these boards.

If you want to get all rah rah about Jeremy Trueblood starting at guard, go right ahead. I mean, do you seriously....have you watched Trueblood at all over the last 6-7 years?

As I've already said, I know his shortcomings. But why should I focus on the negative all the time like others love to do? It's more fun to hope for the
best every week. If they lose, I can be depressed after the game.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 10, 2012, 10:13:10 PM

Maybe you're right Joe, and I've just been looking at it all wrong. Maybe trueblood just completely sucks at RT(beat out by a UDFA with almost zero experience ever) and all he needs is to change to RG to be a pro bowler. I don't know how I missed that logic.

Yep, I said he would be a pro bowler.

And if TB sucks at guard, Schiano has shown that he's not afraid to bench a player who is under performing. See: Trueblood, RT.

If we had a solid back-up at QB, Freeman would be a few bad games away from being benched.
: October 10, 2012, 10:14:47 PM ufojoe

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#17 : October 10, 2012, 10:21:58 PM

Where did I say I didn't want them to turn it around?

Where did you say you do? You're hoping they fire the coach. That would mean the Bucs completely fell apart. Who hopes for that 4 games into
a totally new coaching staff?

Hopefully I will wake up soon to find that Schiano isn't the coach and this was just a big nightmare.

I would be thrilled if our coach wasn't an idiot and we could win more games, but I'm grounded in reality.

So, after four games, you've concluded that Schiano can't learn from his mistakes? You're grounded in premature conclusions. And you're not alone
on these boards.

If you want to get all rah rah about Jeremy Trueblood starting at guard, go right ahead. I mean, do you seriously....have you watched Trueblood at all over the last 6-7 years?

As I've already said, I know his shortcomings. But why should I focus on the negative all the time like others love to do? It's more fun to hope for the
best every week. If they lose, I can be depressed after the game.

Go right ahead and be hoepful. When the coach says he can't criticize his bad play call, because execution was poor on an all out blitz that lost us the game, how is he going to learn? It wasn't his fault, it was the players who didn't execute his all out blitz perfectly. Explain to me exactly how he is learning from THAT mistake? According to him, he implies we just need better players, yet the play call of an all out blitz in that situation is a terrible one.

Joe, you need to stop making assumptions about me. I want the team to win. You assume I want the team to lose because I want Schiano fired. Yet, Schiano is a loser. If Schiano was fired today, and Marty Schottenheimer hired tommorrow, we would have hope for this season. All three games we lost were winnable by an experienced coach like Schottenheimer. How many times do you think Marty has called an all out blitz with the game on the line in his LIFE?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 10, 2012, 10:30:46 PM

We'll see. I don't make assumptions about Schiano and his future defensive calls based on what he says in a press conference.

Anybody who puts much weight into what a coach says during a press conference hasn't watched many press conferences.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 10, 2012, 10:35:12 PM

Pissing up a rope Joe. Why bother?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 10, 2012, 10:48:46 PM

We'll see. I don't make assumptions about Schiano and his future defensive calls based on what he says in a press conference.

Anybody who puts much weight into what a coach says during a press conference hasn't watched many press conferences.

You really didn't answer any of my questions Joe. How did he learn from his mistake? By blaming the players?
 And how many times has Marty Schottenheimer called an all out blitz with the game on the line? it's probably a lot less times than Schiano has. Schiano= 4 games played, and two lost because of all out blitzes with the game on the line. Isn't it plain to see that he is clueless?

BTW
I didn't make any assumptions. I heard him say he can't criticize the play call, and he can only criticize the players for poor execution. He actually said this to the press. Not sure if it was a PC, but it doesn't matter. He called the players out in the press. Didn't Raheem call the players out last year? That is the sign of an incompetent coach, because it's his responsibility for these players to know the plays and run them correctly. Either way, it's ALL his fault and there he is postulating to the press that it is simply poor execution.

The only thing I'm really assuming about Schiano at this point Joe, is that he is a complete idiot. Based on the kneeldown play, based on the exchange there about the all out blitzes. It's clear to me that this is not going to be a winner.

It's going to be a long season for you if you don't like hearing criticism of our coach.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 10, 2012, 10:53:40 PM

Glad to hear. The bye week definitely gave us time to implement him into the role. Larsen sucks.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 10, 2012, 10:54:14 PM

Such an odd fit since True's problem is that he isn't a knee bender. I'm curious to see if at his height he can even root out the DT's he's facing. Also curious to see how having a guy that tall on the inisde affects (or doesn't) Freeman's throwing lanes.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 10, 2012, 10:54:37 PM

Apparently he thinks anyone who has an issue with the team is secretly rooting for the team to fail.

Riiiiiiiiight. I hate the team so much that I spend countless hours going over plays and waking up in the middle of the night to watch them play, and coming here to comment, because secretly I want us to fail becauise I said something critical about the coach. okay.

BTW, BSchucher, pissing up a rope is quite easy. If you piss on the bottom of the rope, it will actually travel upwards to the top because of the wicking effect. Only an idiot would aim for the top of the rope.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 10, 2012, 11:18:23 PM

I'm down...lets go move the ball.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

snesfreak

Second String

#25 : October 10, 2012, 11:25:35 PM

lol sweet..The only good I see in this is the possibility of a new starting Q.B by the second qtr
So...you think one of our players getting hurt is a good thing?
Cause that's the only way to interpret what you said.
No wonder this forum is such a **CENSORED** hole.
I guess this is what happens when the mods are too busy embarrassing us on other team's forums to moderate this one.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 10, 2012, 11:29:13 PM

Such an odd fit since True's problem is that he isn't a knee bender. I'm curious to see if at his height he can even root out the DT's he's facing. Also curious to see how having a guy that tall on the inisde affects (or doesn't) Freeman's throwing lanes.

Curious is the right word.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#27 : October 10, 2012, 11:30:06 PM

You're right. His last post was more of the same. But Schiano said it to the press! LOL.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 10, 2012, 11:32:07 PM

lol sweet..The only good I see in this is the possibility of a new starting Q.B by the second qtr
So...you think one of our players getting hurt is a good thing?
Cause that's the only way to interpret what you said.
No wonder this forum is such a **CENSORED** hole.
I guess this is what happens when the mods are too busy embarrassing us on other team's forums to moderate this one.

This place has gone down hill in a big way.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 10, 2012, 11:33:11 PM

You're right. His last post was more of the same. But Schiano called out his players to the press! LOL.

Fixed it for ya.

BTW, after Raheem started calling out the players last year, we went 0-10.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TRUEBLOOD LIKELY TO START AT GUARD SUNDAY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools