Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TRUEBLOOD LIKELY TO START AT GUARD SUNDAY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

jbear

Pro Bowler

#45 : October 11, 2012, 03:01:50 PM

What is this "all out blitz" anyway.  I keep hearing this guy talk about it like it's a real thing or something.  All out blitz is something a twelve year old might say or something you might run in Madden.... Unless he's talking about the kneel down plays.  I guess that could be considered an "ALL OUT BLITZ"  by somebody somewhere. 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#46 : October 11, 2012, 03:35:02 PM

Yeah I guess the "prevent" defense works so much better doesn't it? Haha. Considering this was the last game we played, I'm not really sure what you're looking for to substantiate whether he has or has not "learned" from this. If you're commenting that his post game presser should have went like, that was a mistake, it's on me. Well I'm sure you'd be sitting here complaining that he is such a rookie, he made a mistake, he must go!

I said it about Raheem and I'll say it again about Schiano. If you don't like him, just say so. Don't try to convince the rest of us with your nonsense.

What he really wanted Schiano to say during the post game presser is this:

"I screwed up by calling those blitzes. The next game, I will just rush 3 or 4 and play it safe. You got that Kansas City?"

We'll know if Schiano has "learned" anything when we see the next game and see what kind of D he calls in similar situations. But it's kind of tough to
compare since they'll be no RG3.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#47 : October 11, 2012, 04:44:56 PM

I have absolutely no confidence that this will work, but I'd certainly be happy if it does. Just seems a little hard to believe that there's NO ONE out there who can step in and be better than Larsen or a guy who just lost his RT position. We'll see, I guess.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 13, 2012, 02:32:50 PM

I have absolutely no confidence that this will work, but I'd certainly be happy if it does. Just seems a little hard to believe that there's NO ONE out there who can step in and be better than Larsen or a guy who just lost his RT position. We'll see, I guess.

Yeah but Trueblood has lost his starting job to undrafted players TWICE in the last three years. This doesn't bode well. Think Trueblood has had too many false start penalties in his career so far just wait till he gets in there at guard where things move quicker off the ball than they do on the outside. Heck, I bet even if they moved Trueblood to center where he was the one snapping the ball he would still find a way to false start a couple times a game.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: TRUEBLOOD LIKELY TO START AT GUARD SUNDAY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools