Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws and Cosell.......Josh Freeman 'Teases You' « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#135 : October 12, 2012, 07:08:12 PM

To his credit, Josh has said that the 3 offensive coordinators stuff is bs - he said in a recent press conference that the Jags/Olson distinction wasn't a big one and that they ran the same offense.

As he should.  Anyone who throws Jagz out in an argument involving Freeman is doing nothing but making excuses.  Jagz never coached an NFL game w/Bucs.  It's an absurd excuse, especially when you consider Freeman was the number three/four QB behind Leftwich/McCown/Johnson while Jagz was employed by the Bucs.

But you are right about Freeman.  One of his better qualities is he doesn't push blame on other players, which is respectable.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#136 : October 12, 2012, 07:43:53 PM

IMO, if we are in a position where we can get a new QB next draft, we will get a new QB next draft.  Along with a new GM. 

I'm not taliking about a mid-round project, but if we are in a place to grab one of those top prospects, it will be because Freeman has shown he isn't the guy.  This season so far, the playcalling has been awful, clock management awful and we have had injuries.  But if Freeman was playing at an even "average" level we would be 4-0.  We have just had so many things go our way and some outstanding individual plays that that overcame the negatives.  I expect the playcalling to get better, the bounces to get worse, but that should roughly even out to the point where the key factor is going to be if Freeman can stop sucking, and right now there is no question he is sucking.

As for Dom, I've already posted my opinion on him, but in a nutshell other than JBF wiping him off their chin every time they call him a "Rockstar GM" (which seems to be every time they say his name), I don't think anyone with any objectivity can say he's safe right now.  Nothing he has done so far has panned out.  Everything we have is "if"; if he stays healthy, if he comes back from injury, if he develops into a starter, if, if if....That's not a good place to be.  But if we're picking top ten next year, that means his signature move -- Freeman -- has been a failure.  Add that to the other guys he's drafted, and some of the ridiculous contracts and multiple other dubious moves, and yeah, that's not going to be a fun end-of-season meeting with the Glazers.  And I don't think he can roll this turd downhill.  He was lucky he got to do that once, at his level you usually can't.  Raheem and Olson were so epically, obviously incompetent that he could go in there and say "hey, I got talent for us, it's just those clowns blew it on us" with something resembling a straight face.  You really think the Glazers will buy it if he tries to blame yet another staff?  He really needs some good news.  If Freeman pans out (odds are getting longer each week) he should be fine.  Especially if Gerald stays in and continues to grow.  But If he goes into the end of this season without a QB, pretty much the only thing he'll have to hang his hat on is McCoy -- "if" he stays healthy....

Preach on!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#137 : October 12, 2012, 07:45:46 PM

But you are right about Freeman.  One of his better qualities is he doesn't push blame on other players, which is respectable.

He isn't taking any of the blame, either.... at least not from what i've seen. I'm tired of the "win as a team, lose as a team" BS. Fact is he has stunk it up big time.... and i'd for once like to hear him own it!!

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#138 : October 12, 2012, 10:14:17 PM

He isn't taking any of the blame, either.... at least not from what i've seen. I'm tired of the "win as a team, lose as a team" BS. Fact is he has stunk it up big time.... and i'd for once like to hear him own it!!

Exactly. He never says, "This one's on me."

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#139 : October 12, 2012, 10:37:03 PM

Never. No personal accountability considering he has the ball in his hands most of the time.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#140 : October 13, 2012, 09:14:14 AM

I would agree, that's a fair criticism.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#141 : October 13, 2012, 09:19:19 AM

So you guys would feel better about Freeman if he always said "My bad" at the post game presser? Please. Then you'd just be complaining about that. As long as he is playing bad you will complain no matter what he does or doesn't do. Should he also take credit when he has a big game and a victory?

He always says "the offense" struggled as a whole and that is the company line. It is a team game folks. As much as we all want to blame it all on Freeman, none of us really know how much of it is due to play calling, receivers running incorrect routes or not getting open, poor blocking, ect ect ect. There are so many moving parts that need to work in unison for an offense to click....but you guys assume everything else is working well and it's just Freeman that sucks.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#142 : October 13, 2012, 09:24:15 AM

So you guys would feel better about Freeman if he always said "My bad" at the post game presser? Please.

Read more, homer less:

Fact is he has stunk it up big time.... and i'd for once like to hear him own it!!

southflbucfan

Practice Squad

#143 : October 13, 2012, 09:47:12 AM

Thats a great article because he looks great at times and terrible at others.  He doesnt just have games good and bad games he sometimes has one good half and one bad half.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#144 : October 13, 2012, 12:37:45 PM

Thats a great article because he looks great at times and terrible at others.  He doesnt just have games good and bad games he sometimes has one good half and one bad half.

Often times, Qtr to Qtr..... even series to series. Truth is we have no idea what we're about to see when he comes trotting into the huddle. A sad state of affairs in a QB's 4th yr.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#145 : October 14, 2012, 08:50:07 PM

Tease....

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#146 : October 14, 2012, 08:52:42 PM

Tease....

I am a big supporter of his......but lets see another 3-4 games like today,  in the weeks ahead.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#147 : October 14, 2012, 08:54:21 PM

Agreed...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws and Cosell.......Josh Freeman 'Teases You' « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools