Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws and Cosell.......Josh Freeman 'Teases You' « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 11, 2012, 10:18:41 AM

I want to see him put up a monster game.  An absolute beast mode game.

His first start against GB came close

Nothing close since, maybe the seattle game

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 11, 2012, 10:21:25 AM

Cosell is one of the more respected analysts when it comes to breaking down the QB position. His assessment seems fair.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

FinkleisEinhorn

Second String

#17 : October 11, 2012, 10:22:51 AM

"...he simply will never be a guy the Bucs can rely on for consistent, entertaining football.  Vast portions of time watching Freeman guide the offense is a long groan."

I think this plays a major factor into why RayJay is not selling out. I can't speak for everyone, but it's almost become an assumption that when our O takes the field for the first time, I'm going to see a 2 yard run, an incomplete pass, and a 3 yard dump-off on 3rd and 8.

Our offense has been a snoozefest for years and Freeman has lead that charge. The NFL is now an air-it-out league, with QBs slinging for 300,400, and 500 yards a game. That's entertaining to a large portion of the NFL fanbase.

Call the Tampa fans fickle, shallow, whatever..but 164 passing yards by our QB week after week is not going to pack the house. People pay to be entertained and Freeman cannot provide that on a consistent basis.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 11, 2012, 10:36:58 AM

I'm tired of people citing how old Josh Freeman is. He's 24. Lovely. There are a million guys out there who are 24 who will never be great quarterbacks. And unfortunately it appears as if Josh is one of them.

^This.^

All Day.

There will always be excuses for the guy. Next year..."Freeman is only 25...give him time"
then..
..."Freeman is just 26, Eli didn't peak until around that age.."
then..
..."27 years old, that's young..Freeman can still pull it together"

BS.

Relax. Some of us don't need to **CENSORED**in bash him 24 7. We want him to do well. We still have hope he does well. Don't call them excuses. Call them the bit of hope we have that our QB can still be a decent player. We aren't just saying he sucks every post. There's always a possibility that he can turn it around. If you don't believe it don't crap on the people who still have hope.

This.

Chace and a few other people who haven't made a post other than saying Freeman sucks for the past week or so have gotten old really quick.

Just do us all a favor and stop watching the team until next year (when we actually know if Freeman is our guy or not) so we don't have to read your idiotic posts filling up the boards.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. We get it he needs to improve or he's gone. Don't need to remind us every post he sucks. Bring something different to the table. Oh wait that would be "excuse making". No it's not. It's bringing another perspective in and hope that he can still turn it around. It's like whenever yourself struggles with something you look at yourself and see what you can do better. You don't just give up. I feel josh can make a turn around. No matter how many times people say he sucks. Because as far as I know it's still possible.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#19 : October 11, 2012, 10:37:28 AM

Cosell is one of the more respected analysts when it comes to breaking down the QB position. His assessment seems fair.

With analyses like this its hard too loose any respect: 'sometimes good. sometimes bad, time will tell'

Even a politician prolly would have a less vague answer. Either way he was right, and never wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#20 : October 11, 2012, 10:58:05 AM

I'm tired of people citing how old Josh Freeman is. He's 24. Lovely. There are a million guys out there who are 24 who will never be great quarterbacks. And unfortunately it appears as if Josh is one of them.

^This.^

All Day.

There will always be excuses for the guy. Next year..."Freeman is only 25...give him time"
then..
then..

BS.

Relax. Some of us don't need to **CENSORED**in bash him 24 7. We want him to do well. We still have hope he does well. Don't call them excuses. Call them the bit of hope we have that our QB can still be a decent player. We aren't just saying he sucks every post. There's always a possibility that he can turn it around. If you don't believe it don't crap on the people who still have hope.

I am relaxed. I'm calm....and I'm not crapping on anyone. If you have hope for Freeman, that's fine. I was responding to the article and the opinion JBF put forward about the age constantly being brought up. I will not apologize for sharing my opinion about Freeman in a thread about Freeman.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#21 : October 11, 2012, 10:58:28 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one. We get it he needs to improve or he's gone. Don't need to remind us every post he sucks. Bring something different to the table. Oh wait that would be "excuse making". No it's not. It's bringing another perspective in and hope that he can still turn it around. It's like whenever yourself struggles with something you look at yourself and see what you can do better. You don't just give up. I feel josh can make a turn around. No matter how many times people say he sucks. Because as far as I know it's still possible.

He can with a coach that actually designs a gameplan to his strengths, which isn't happening right now with this 4 year plan to turn him into Eli Manning coach.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#22 : October 11, 2012, 11:01:43 AM

A gameplan that would suit Freeman's strengths is:__________.

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#23 : October 11, 2012, 11:02:19 AM

^This.^

All Day.

then..
then..

BS.

This.

Chace and a few other people who haven't made a post other than saying Freeman sucks for the past week or so have gotten old really quick.

Just do us all a favor and stop watching the team until next year (when we actually know if Freeman is our guy or not) so we don't have to read your idiotic posts filling up the boards.

Yep, it's not like we are even saying Freeman is a good QB. We are simply saying that we don't think there has been enough time to judge Freeman fairly and it is true. He's had 3 years of garbage coaching and hardly any weapons. This year he is in a new offense with better coaching, he actually has weapons and our D is playing well for the most part. It's only been 4 games and I am definitely willing to give him some more time before I completely give up and say he sucks. We ALL saw what he could in 2010, and to be honest, the 2nd half of the Redskins game reminded me a lot of 2010 Josh.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 11, 2012, 11:03:10 AM

rollouts, deep passes, screens, etc.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 11, 2012, 11:05:51 AM

Cosell is really the only guy that I think can break down a QB accurately.

Go Bucs!

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 11, 2012, 11:08:09 AM

... holding the ball for C Barth?

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#27 : October 11, 2012, 11:08:12 AM

Screens? Lol. Yeah, we rock on screens. But deep passes do give the receivers time to adjust for inaccurate passes. What else can we do to hide Freeman's weaknesses suit Freeman's strengths?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#28 : October 11, 2012, 11:12:45 AM

Screens? Lol. Yeah, we rock on screens. But deep passes do give the receivers time to adjust for inaccurate passes. What else can we do to hide Freeman's weaknesses suit Freeman's strengths?

We barely even try screens. The Saints use screens a lot and their offense is having no problems.

And Freeman's deep ball has been very accurate this season.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#29 : October 11, 2012, 11:18:05 AM

rollouts, deep passes, screens, etc.

Yeah with some designed runs by the QB too, make the defense account for the him with guys other than DL because Freeman is not a pocket passer, in 2010 he rushed 68 times for 29 first downs, this year it's 10 times for 4 first downs.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws and Cosell.......Josh Freeman 'Teases You' « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools