Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws and Cosell.......Josh Freeman 'Teases You' « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 11, 2012, 11:28:48 AM

Just a reminder to you folks...this is a win now league.....which the Glazers don't and possibly never will understand. We bring in some big time FAs and the "boys" hire a freakin' college coach that was barely 500. Sullivan should be fired, he's terrible man.

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#31 : October 11, 2012, 11:36:40 AM

Just a reminder to you folks...this is a win now league.....which the Glazers don't and possibly never will understand. We bring in some big time FAs and the "boys" hire a freakin' college coach that was barely 500. Sullivan should be fired, he's terrible man.

Owners and GM are clearly just not on the same page, you don't go through the rebuilding process by drafting and then spend a bunch in FA for a coach who doesn't understand the NFL, the Rams got it right and they're looking better.

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#32 : October 11, 2012, 11:39:38 AM

When you say "got it right," do you perhaps mean 'have sucked for years'?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#33 : October 11, 2012, 11:41:33 AM

But we alread know we are not winning NOW. So why not think about the NEXT now.

How many build ups really cash in themselves?

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#34 : October 11, 2012, 11:46:32 AM

Mean rebuilt through the draft then spent some in FA, and got a real NFL coach to run the team.

benir0

Hall of Famer
#35 : October 11, 2012, 11:50:02 AM

I'm tired of people citing how old Josh Freeman is. He's 24. Lovely. There are a million guys out there who are 24 who will never be great quarterbacks. And unfortunately it appears as if Josh is one of them.

^This.^

All Day.

There will always be excuses for the guy. Next year..."Freeman is only 25...give him time"
then..
..."Freeman is just 26, Eli didn't peak until around that age.."
then..
..."27 years old, that's young..Freeman can still pull it together"

BS.

Relax. Some of us don't need to **CENSORED**in bash him 24 7. We want him to do well. We still have hope he does well. Don't call them excuses. Call them the bit of hope we have that our QB can still be a decent player. We aren't just saying he sucks every post. There's always a possibility that he can turn it around. If you don't believe it don't crap on the people who still have hope.

This.

Chace and a few other people who haven't made a post other than saying Freeman sucks for the past week or so have gotten old really quick.

Just do us all a favor and stop watching the team until next year (when we actually know if Freeman is our guy or not) so we don't have to read your idiotic posts filling up the boards.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. We get it he needs to improve or he's gone. Don't need to remind us every post he sucks. Bring something different to the table. Oh wait that would be "excuse making". No it's not. It's bringing another perspective in and hope that he can still turn it around. It's like whenever yourself struggles with something you look at yourself and see what you can do better. You don't just give up. I feel josh can make a turn around. No matter how many times people say he sucks. Because as far as I know it's still possible.

I'll throw my support in with you guys as well.  I don't know if Josh is our guy, but we are spending this year trying to find out.  I hope Schiano, Sullivan and Freeman can all continue to improve this year.  I think Free has it in him to lead the offense and I'm pulling for him to finish strong this year and leave no doubt as to who the guy for us is.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 11, 2012, 11:50:58 AM

A gameplan that would suit Freeman's strengths is:__________.
rollouts, deep passes, screens, etc.

Yeah with some designed runs by the QB too, make the defense account for the him with guys other than DL because Freeman is not a pocket passer, in 2010 he rushed 68 times for 29 first downs, this year it's 10 times for 4 first downs.

Agree on all points except for the designed run plays. Freeman is a mobile QB, but he ain't Cam Newton/RG3. He's not that kind of runner. He's more like a Ben Roethlisberger/Aaron Rodgers runner in that he needs to be allowed to improvise and pick his spots.

I also agree that the Bucs do not use screens effectively. You look at the Saints offense, and I wouldn't be surprised if 40% of Brees' total yards on the season don't come from screens that get broken for big gains. When you don't run well, you have to use screens and quick slants to open up the deep passes. The Patriots did it for years, and so have the Saints. The Bucs don't run the ball well, and they try to make up for it by continuously not running the ball well. Freeman was awesome the one year he had a decent run game to keep defenses honest. He hasn't had anything close to that since.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 11, 2012, 11:56:32 AM

Cosell is one of the more respected analysts when it comes to breaking down the QB position. His assessment seems fair.

With analyses like this its hard too loose any respect: 'sometimes good. sometimes bad, time will tell'

Even a politician prolly would have a less vague answer. Either way he was right, and never wrong.

Well it is vague but to be fair Freeman's play has left many of us equally vague about what we see. We watch an Freeman play a brand of football that is almost unwatchable in the first half, then turnout and blow the doors off the thing in the 2nd half. It's a vague opinion but in this case it's an accurate opinion.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Chief Joseph

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#38 : October 11, 2012, 11:56:33 AM

" Agree on all points except for the designed run plays. Freeman is a mobile QB, but he ain't Cam Newton/RG3. He's not that kind of runner. He's more like a Ben Roethlisberger/Aaron Rodgers runner in that he needs to be allowed to improvise and pick his spots."

Do you believe he's not being allowed to do that now?

Illuminator is a good poster. He sticks to his guns and makes good points. Some don\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t like that.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#39 : October 11, 2012, 12:00:41 PM

Mean rebuilt through the draft then spent some in FA, and got a real NFL coach to run the team.

Funny how Fisher now is considered a savioUr. Wonder what the rants would look like if he did not refuse to got here.

Let's not forget to cry out loud because the cheap/stupid glazers did not bring in belichick yet.  And how we should have drafted Suh over Mccoy.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#40 : October 11, 2012, 12:03:12 PM

Cosell is one of the more respected analysts when it comes to breaking down the QB position. His assessment seems fair.

With analyses like this its hard too loose any respect: 'sometimes good. sometimes bad, time will tell'

Even a politician prolly would have a less vague answer. Either way he was right, and never wrong.

Well it is vague but to be fair Freeman's play has left many of us equally vague about what we see. We watch an Freeman play a brand of football that is almost unwatchable in the first half, then turnout and blow the doors off the thing in the 2nd half. It's a vague opinion but in this case it's an accurate opinion.

Of course, its the same opinion i have on #5. But it does not get us anywhere. We still can just wait and see.

Still some want to know better.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 11, 2012, 12:03:37 PM

I'm tired of people citing how old Josh Freeman is. He's 24. Lovely. There are a million guys out there who are 24 who will never be great quarterbacks. And unfortunately it appears as if Josh is one of them.

^This.^

All Day.

There will always be excuses for the guy. Next year..."Freeman is only 25...give him time"
then..
..."Freeman is just 26, Eli didn't peak until around that age.."
then..
..."27 years old, that's young..Freeman can still pull it together"

BS.

Relax. Some of us don't need to **CENSORED**in bash him 24 7. We want him to do well. We still have hope he does well. Don't call them excuses. Call them the bit of hope we have that our QB can still be a decent player. We aren't just saying he sucks every post. There's always a possibility that he can turn it around. If you don't believe it don't crap on the people who still have hope.

This.

Chace and a few other people who haven't made a post other than saying Freeman sucks for the past week or so have gotten old really quick.

Just do us all a favor and stop watching the team until next year (when we actually know if Freeman is our guy or not) so we don't have to read your idiotic posts filling up the boards.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. We get it he needs to improve or he's gone. Don't need to remind us every post he sucks. Bring something different to the table. Oh wait that would be "excuse making". No it's not. It's bringing another perspective in and hope that he can still turn it around. It's like whenever yourself struggles with something you look at yourself and see what you can do better. You don't just give up. I feel josh can make a turn around. No matter how many times people say he sucks. Because as far as I know it's still possible.

Yep, it's not like we are even saying Freeman is a good QB. We are simply saying that we don't think there has been enough time to judge Freeman fairly and it is true. He's had 3 years of garbage coaching and hardly any weapons. This year he is in a new offense with better coaching, he actually has weapons and our D is playing well for the most part. It's only been 4 games and I am definitely willing to give him some more time before I completely give up and say he sucks. We ALL saw what he could in 2010, and to be honest, the 2nd half of the Redskins game reminded me a lot of 2010 Josh.

You guys are funny. It's a thread about Josh Freeman. So there will be waivering opinions. You say I keep saying the same thing over and over.....but you are guilty of the same thing. "We hope he gets better" "look at 2010" he had a crappy team/coach"...

I'm fine with people saying that they have hope in Freeman....but if I see an individual Freeman topic and I disagree about a portion of that....I'm not gonna censor myself because I may have talked about Freeman in a different thread. Get over it. Don't read what I have to say if you think I'm being repetitive. I bashed or crapped on zero posters in this thread...and didn't even address anyone other than jersey.
: October 11, 2012, 12:06:41 PM chace1986

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#42 : October 11, 2012, 12:11:04 PM

" Agree on all points except for the designed run plays. Freeman is a mobile QB, but he ain't Cam Newton/RG3. He's not that kind of runner. He's more like a Ben Roethlisberger/Aaron Rodgers runner in that he needs to be allowed to improvise and pick his spots."

Do you believe he's not being allowed to do that now?

Thats the question. Does he refuse to use his legs, wanting to prove he can also be a pocket passer. Or does the coaches tell him to work on his passing skills and NOT hide it by running, atleast not for yet.

If #5 really would not listen to his coaches, for almost 2 years now, don't you think coaches would have forced him to? Benching him or just call more roll outs, in which he would naturally run more, to maybe save his body from getting tackled?

But pointing out to also look at coaching before blaming freeman for everything, is called an excuse, for 'obvious' sucking. He is a work in progress, worth to be drafted in 1st Rd. Maybe he makes the next step, fans can only hope.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 11, 2012, 12:16:36 PM

If we cant run the ball then Payton Manning couldnt win with this team. Our oline needs to open up some holes

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#44 : October 11, 2012, 12:22:09 PM

I want to see him put up a monster game.  An absolute beast mode game.

Been waiting for a while now.

After this many years, it comes to the point where I eval his entire body of work, and despite circumstances, have to assume the problem lies within him, and he simply will never be a guy the Bucs can rely on for consistent, entertaining football.  Vast portions of time watching Freeman guide the offense is a long groan.  He is what he is.

+1 I swear the 2010 season is the worst thing that ever happened because it's tricked some of us into believing he can be that guy consistently. Consistency and Freeman is an oxymoron. But that was two seasons ago and I'm done making excuses for this guy, 24 years old or not he's got this season to right the ship. If not, they should move and on and get a real QB.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jaws and Cosell.......Josh Freeman 'Teases You' « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools