Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hilarious -- even if you're a liberal « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#45 : October 24, 2012, 10:48:22 PM

My girlfriend is addicted to KFC.   We eat that anywhere in the world once a week.   It's unavoidable.   It was the cheapest meal I had while I was there and used it strictly because if I use something like Fish and Chips as the example, Americans have no frame of reference as to the price of that.   Every American knows the price of KFC.   

If anyone is the idiot, it's you for not realizing why I used that example.

What a hard luck chump.

Toting a one-eyed asian hooker halfway around the world to eat fried chicken.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#46 : October 24, 2012, 10:56:41 PM

Ya, most "losers" traveled to London and Edinburgh last week on vacation after working a week in London billable at $250 an hour.    Makes sense.   

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#47 : October 24, 2012, 11:00:17 PM

While on expense account, we ate at restaurants like this one:

http://www.goodmanrestaurants.com/

While on my own dime, the places we dined changed drastically.   LOL!    But the average meal was $100 for 2 people.   The devalued dollar is a killer for Americans visiting London.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 24, 2012, 11:09:09 PM

While on expense account, we ate at restaurants like this one:

http://www.goodmanrestaurants.com/

While on my own dime, the places we dined changed drastically.   LOL!    But the average meal was $100 for 2 people.   The devalued dollar is a killer for Americans visiting London.

The value of the Dollar vs the Pound was even less when GWB was president.

I would have thought a international jet setter like yourself would know these things. ::)

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#49 : October 24, 2012, 11:18:50 PM

The last time I visited London was 2002 (GWB WAS pres at that time).   Exchange rate at that time was 1.4 to 1.   It's worse than that now.    And prices in 2002 in pounds were far lower back then.     This trip was extremely expensive.

By the way, I am in no way saying I support GWB.    I think he sucked.   Same as Obama.
: October 24, 2012, 11:20:53 PM JavaRay

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#50 : October 26, 2012, 02:29:18 PM

Man, the exchange is not favorable but it adjusts in the pricing, so the exchange discussion is overblown.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#51 : October 26, 2012, 10:50:01 PM

Man, the exchange is not favorable but it adjusts in the pricing, so the exchange discussion is overblown.

Not true.   The pricing is never adjusted downward, it's always upward.   For example, in Indonesia the rupiah dropped from 2500 to 1 to 18000 to 1 to the usd during their currency crash.    they drastically changed prices to reflect the change.  And local salaries were increased by that ratio as well.    then the rate dropped back down and the prices never dropped back down, they stayed the same.   It has no effect on the locals since they pay in local currency, but  it does lessen the buying power of people with USD.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#52 : October 31, 2012, 03:26:00 AM

Three days before Jefferson County Democrats were scheduled to hand out their Democrat of the Year award, they were warned that the recipient was under investigation for exploiting an elderly woman with physical and mental disabilities.

Now, the party faces the embarrassment of seeing its honored volunteer Estelle Carson as a convicted felon.

A Jefferson County jury on Thursday convicted Carson of identity theft and theft from an at-risk person, both felonies, according to Pam Russell, spokeswoman for the district attorney. Carson, 67, is scheduled to be sentenced in December.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_21864891/colorado-democrat-year-convicted-at-risk-adult-case
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Hilarious -- even if you're a liberal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools