Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is not a good look for an NFL team « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#45 : October 12, 2012, 02:04:23 PM

Not all fans are clueless.....

What does that make me if I can see problems before you can?

It doesn't matter whether you turn out to be right or wrong in the long run, if you're willing to write off a coaching staff after four games, you're clueless. I'm not trying to flame you in saying that, it's just absurd to call a coach a complete failure four games in. If Schiano ends up being a complete failure, that doesn't change how ridiculous the claim is.

Dungy started off winless in his first five games at TB and only won one game in his first nine games as a head coach. He didn't know what he was doing. I knew he wouldn't end up being a great coach.

Dungy was the greatest Bucs coach of all time. I knew he would be a great coach regardless of his record that year, because:
1) He kept the team competitive.
2) He was a leader of men.
3) He had a very high set of morals.
4) He had the players prepared to play every game.
5) He rotated in his back up players to get them some experience
6) His back up players almost always came in and did as good as the starters
7) He installed a bend but don't break defense and he never blew any games with overagressive blitzing in the 4th quarter.
8) He practiced fundamentals everyday.
9) He was respectful to the game and his opponents always.
10) He never blamed his player execution. It was always, "we need to work on some things, or he took the blame himself for not having the players prepared.

How many qualities of these does Schiano hold, in your opinion?
Does he practice fundamentals daily? That would be one, but it's a long list. Just one of these wonderful qualities that Dungy had? Why would you compare these two coaches in the first place? There is really no comparison. As usual, your post is a failure, Morgan.

You can add a number 11. Dungy had 25 years of NFL experience. 3 as a player, 6 as a position coach, and 9 as a coordinator. No one doubted Dungy based on his credentials. There wasn't a sole alive that questioned if Dungy knew what he was doing, even though he didn't come in and win right away. Schiano's biggest concern to me isn't the win/loss record. It's the product on the field. It's the college approach he's bringing to a pro team. It's the fact that he's coached 4 games so far, and "Schiano'ed" is already a term that announcers are using. Not a good look. Not a good feeling. Just my opinion.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#46 : October 12, 2012, 02:15:08 PM

7) He installed a bend but don't break defense and he never blew any games with overagressive blitzing in the 4th quarter.
10) He never blamed his player execution. It was always, "we need to work on some things, or he took the blame himself for not having the players prepared.

id say Schiano holds 1, 2, 3, 4, half of 7, 8, 9, 10.
i question 5 and 6 for dungy or any coach.
i can name many coaches who didnt blitz in 2 minute drills and lost.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#47 : October 12, 2012, 02:22:35 PM

Dungy had 25 years of NFL experience. 3 as a player, 6 as a position coach, and 9 as a coordinator.

Thats only 18 by my count.....Am I missing something here?

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 12, 2012, 02:43:04 PM

Outstanding idea. Marketing 101. Gotta think outside the box and get out and sell those tickets - do what it takes to sellout the games. Tip my hat to the Bucs.

Agreed.

You put your product out there and infront of your future customers as much as you possibly can.  Being arrogant, egotistical,  hardheaded about it won't get you very far.

I've got no problem with it.  If it works and they see an improvement big enough to make it worth doing, great.  If not, you move on to other ventures.

219 is still not very appealing to the average fan.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#49 : October 12, 2012, 03:41:24 PM

Outstanding idea. Marketing 101. Gotta think outside the box and get out and sell those tickets - do what it takes to sellout the games. Tip my hat to the Bucs.

Agreed.

You put your product out there and infront of your future customers as much as you possibly can.  Being arrogant, egotistical,  hardheaded about it won't get you very far.

I've got no problem with it.  If it works and they see an improvement big enough to make it worth doing, great.  If not, you move on to other ventures.

219 is still not very appealing to the average fan.

That's how out of touch the Glazers are . They think $219 is cheap.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#50 : October 12, 2012, 07:08:00 PM

Dungy had 25 years of NFL experience. 3 as a player, 6 as a position coach, and 9 as a coordinator.

Thats only 18 by my count.....Am I missing something here?

My bad. I counted from his last season in TB instead of his first. He had 18 years of NFL experience before taking the Bucs job. 25 years before taking the Colts job.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#51 : October 12, 2012, 08:34:45 PM

Dungy was the greatest Bucs coach of all time. I knew he would be a great coach regardless of his record that year, because:

Does he practice fundamentals daily? That would be one, but it's a long list. Just one of these wonderful qualities that Dungy had? Why would you compare these two coaches in the first place? There is really no comparison. As usual, your post is a failure, Morgan.

I would say most of those things on that list you can give to Schiano, atleast debateable, as when giving 'em to dungy.

But i have no clue why you are so obsessed by the 'all blitz' play. The other extrem would be the prevent D... PREVENT VICTORY. Even more true in todays NFL, in which the DB can not even put a hand on a reciever anymore.

If you think this is so unconventional, just look at rex ryan and the jets. When you wanna see how this fails big time, even with Darrelle 'sure tackle' revis, check that last drive against Tebow in 2011.

If you wanna question Schianos game managing ability, feel free to do so, its what rutgers fans did too, but, please, do not bring up T Dungy as an example on how to call a game.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This is not a good look for an NFL team « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools