Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib suspended FOUR games... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#15 : October 13, 2012, 03:20:19 PM

This just might make the team better. Talib has played poor and what made him good he can't do anymore.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#16 : October 13, 2012, 03:20:49 PM

The chemical properties are very similar to cocaine actually. For people who don't have ADHD the effects are similar as well. Stupid suspension? What's stupid is that he's a 'pro' athlete who's taking Adderall without a prescription. That my friend is what's stupid.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 13, 2012, 03:21:36 PM

OMG Wow! I think he has more missed games from suspension than games played... or so it seems! Guy just cant seem to fully get past all the issues that come his way really unfortunate. He is just a guy you cannot put any faith into not reliable...

Talib has been suspended ONE game in his career.....one......and that was for the cab incident.

Now it makes sense why the Bucs have carried so many DB's on their roster all season....including Lewis. They've known about this for awhile.
good point.  The team has probably known for awhile...do why is he still a Buc?  Seems like double standards to me.

kylel6901

Starter

#18 : October 13, 2012, 03:22:01 PM

Idk.... I would only keep him next season if he came back on a contract that was heavily incentive based with around 4 years worth about 15M max

Hate

Hall of Famer
#19 : October 13, 2012, 03:23:09 PM

What is adderall?

Adderall contains a combination of amphetamine and dextroamphetamine. Both these medicines are central nervous system stimulants that affect chemicals in the brain and nerves that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control.

Adderall is used to treat narcolepsy and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 13, 2012, 03:23:32 PM

good point.  The team has probably known for awhile...do why is he still a Buc?  Seems like double standards to me.

union issue?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Tampafan8251

Starter
#21 : October 13, 2012, 03:24:14 PM

CB seems like the obvious first round pick now, Eric Wright has been solid but we have no clear number 1 shutdown corner at all

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 13, 2012, 03:25:17 PM

Ugh.

Maybe Talib can get a quick prescription..

What a bummer.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

RiotHeart

Starter

#23 : October 13, 2012, 03:26:18 PM

Ugh.

Maybe Talib can get a quick prescription..

What a bummer.
Shouldn't be hard in FL.

AlstottUpTheGut

Starter

#24 : October 13, 2012, 03:26:49 PM

The chemical properties are very similar to cocaine actually. For people who don't have ADHD the effects are similar as well. Stupid suspension? What's stupid is that he's a 'pro' athlete who's taking Adderall without a prescription. That my friend is what's stupid.

Agreed. He could easily get a prescription if he wanted one. I don't think anyone would consider it recreational though.

I took it in college when I knew I had a big night of studying. It just helps you stay focused and awake.

1. Donald
2. Bridgewater
3. Landry
5. Abbrederis
6. Lyerla

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 13, 2012, 03:27:52 PM

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2012/oct/13/bucs-talib-suspended-four-games-for-taking-adderal-ar-532277/

NanoBuc

Practice Squad

#26 : October 13, 2012, 03:30:02 PM

He's killing his own career. All these violence issues and now this?

He definitely won't be a Buc next year.

Then again, he has been playing like crap this entire year besides the 1 INT.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 13, 2012, 03:30:30 PM

http://www2.tbo.com/news/breaking-news/2012/oct/13/bucs-talib-suspended-four-games-for-taking-adderal-ar-532277/
doesn't sound like he will be cut.  I'm at a loss.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 13, 2012, 03:36:38 PM

"Around the beginning of training camp, I made a mistake by taking an Adderall pill without a prescription," the statement read. "This is especially regrettable because, for the past several months, with Coach Schiano's help, I've worked very hard to improve myself -- professionally and personally -- as a player and a man. I am truly sorry to my teammates, coaches and Buccaneers fans, and I'm disappointed in myself. I will work diligently every day of this suspension to stay in top football shape and be ready to help this team in the second half of the season. I have chosen to be immediately accountable for the situation I put myself in, which is why I will not exercise my appeal rights and will begin serving the suspension immediately."

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

notabucsfan

Hall of Famer

#29 : October 13, 2012, 03:39:25 PM

Joe Haden CB for the browns was suspended for the same thing this season..
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib suspended FOUR games... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools