Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib suspended FOUR games... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

NanoBuc

Practice Squad

#30 : October 13, 2012, 03:42:43 PM

This could actually be a good thing. A five week rest will ensure that he won't kill his hamstring in week 10. We might actually have him in week 16 now.

Hillside

Practice Squad
#31 : October 13, 2012, 03:43:09 PM

Synthetic cocaine, basically.
so it recreational and not performance enhancing..He probably just cost himself millions in his contract year.  Can't see anyone giving him a $40 mil  or more contract like him could have earned.

Eric Wright $37.5 million

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 13, 2012, 03:46:07 PM

This is without any doubt in my mind a dumb suspension. Felt that way when Haden got it.

gone

Hall of Famer
#33 : October 13, 2012, 03:48:11 PM

This is without any doubt in my mind a dumb suspension. Felt that way when Haden got it.

Unfortunately it is a legit issue.  It's a big fraud issue for insurance companies, especially medicare/caid. 

On the plus side, at least this week it shouldn't matter if he's out.

Mateen

Starter

#34 : October 13, 2012, 03:53:32 PM

I really don't understand why adderall is considered a PED. I'm subscribed on the maximum legal dosage per day, and I don't see how it would give you an advantage on the field. It helps with focus, concentrate. Like reading a book, studying for finals, etc. Dumb dumb. He'll get the axe soon.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#35 : October 13, 2012, 03:53:33 PM

Aderall?

Really?

Thats silly

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 13, 2012, 03:54:24 PM

At least Biggers is back now, and I mean he's not great or anything, but he's a step above the other guys in being able to cover.

CB is definitely #1 need in the draft now. Talib won't be back.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 13, 2012, 03:57:36 PM

"Around the beginning of training camp, I made a mistake by taking an Adderall pill without a prescription," the statement read. "This is especially regrettable because, for the past several months, with Coach Schiano's help, I've worked very hard to improve myself -- professionally and personally -- as a player and a man. I am truly sorry to my teammates, coaches and Buccaneers fans, and I'm disappointed in myself. I will work diligently every day of this suspension to stay in top football shape and be ready to help this team in the second half of the season. I have chosen to be immediately accountable for the situation I put myself in, which is why I will not exercise my appeal rights and will begin serving the suspension immediately."
Oh my god. This guy is a freaking idiot. His statement actually makes him look worse. You really can't fix stupid... Get rid of him.

gone

Hall of Famer
#38 : October 13, 2012, 03:59:08 PM

At least Biggers is back now, and I mean he's not great or anything, but he's a step above the other guys in being able to cover.

As of right now QB is #1 need, and that will remain so until Freeman proves otherwise.  I wouldn't be so sure Talib is gone anyway.  this was known since camp apparently, so if they were going to drop him it probably would have happened already.

Ms Elam

Starter

#39 : October 13, 2012, 04:17:12 PM

Finally maybe he will be cut! I mean what does this guy have to do? Oh and shot out to the guy who said I lost all credibility because my first thread was"Talib should be cut".

Ms Elam

Starter

#40 : October 13, 2012, 04:18:39 PM

"Around the beginning of training camp, I made a mistake by taking an Adderall pill without a prescription," the statement read. "This is especially regrettable because, for the past several months, with Coach Schiano's help, I've worked very hard to improve myself -- professionally and personally -- as a player and a man. I am truly sorry to my teammates, coaches and Buccaneers fans, and I'm disappointed in myself. I will work diligently every day of this suspension to stay in top football shape and be ready to help this team in the second half of the season. I have chosen to be immediately accountable for the situation I put myself in, which is why I will not exercise my appeal rights and will begin serving the suspension immediately."
Oh my god. This guy is a freaking idiot. His statement actually makes him look worse. You really can't fix stupid... Get rid of him.
Man I can't wait until this guy gets cut!

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 13, 2012, 04:22:11 PM

As of right now QB is #1 need, and that will remain so until Freeman proves otherwise.  I wouldn't be so sure Talib is gone anyway.  this was known since camp apparently, so if they were going to drop him it probably would have happened already.

There's no good QBs in the draft, and coaches have said before that they're treating Freeman as a rookie, and that anything before their regime is not counted. Freeman will get competition, but not first round draft pick competition.

CB is definitely the #1 need. Even if Talib stays, he stinks anyways, and this is coming from a Talib fan. He would be a good #2 to get for cheap, but he shouldn't be the #1 in such a pass heavy league.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#42 : October 13, 2012, 04:25:13 PM

I wouldn't be so sure Talib is gone anyway. 

If he is gone, what will you change your screen name to?

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#43 : October 13, 2012, 04:26:00 PM

Talib is way too inconsistent on and off the field to warrant a second contract.  CB is now the team's clear cut #1 need in the off-season. 

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 13, 2012, 04:28:21 PM

I wouldn't be so sure Talib is gone anyway. 

If he is gone, what will you change your screen name to?

mougdartin probably
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Talib suspended FOUR games... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools